"you should know who I am...." - the most ridiculous line ever?

#121BaseChouGokuPosted 12/22/2012 4:11:08 PM
Arn544 posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

You're over exaggerating it dude.

I really wish I was, believe me I tried to be postive playing that game, in the first cutscene when Zach's all "YEAH!" and his partner says "get serious" I wanted to take the game back right then but I stuck through it.

It was terrible, FF always had a little anime tone to it, but it wasn't this bad. It wasn't cliche or this childish. It had goofy moments but they were mild and you could look past it, and it made up for it by having pretty brutal moments. I'm honestly shocked FF7 wasn't rated M.

FF was poetic, very classy, always had a deep story with meaning, this group running this company now is just into making cartoons. Every character has a cartoony voice, I pointed out the super natural stuff they've gone overboard with.

it's like they've tried to turn it into DBZ. Very few chars in FF history did the crap you see in dissidia or FF7's spin offs. They were almost all humans, couldn't jump 50 feet, long falls killed them. Sure they had powers but it was scaled back and classy, none of this moving so fast you cant see them stuff.

I myself have blamed Wada for what's happened, I think it's more Toriyama, he needs to go and everybody who's worked under him needs to be fired too and they need to bring back all the people who actually worked on the original 4-9 games.

Even all the scripts they've ruined, in every remake, compare the mysidian legend from the first FF4 to the DS version, the loss in quality in writing is appalling. These modern writers try to immitate what Square used to do but they use words that are too big and don't flow and they sound ridiculous.

1)Limitations of PS1/SNES hardare make things seem more down to Earth/toned down
2)Voice acting and modern character animation changes things
3)No Sakaguchi influence anymore. No "dream team" to regulate things...
#122Arn544Posted 12/22/2012 4:49:26 PM
BaseChouGoku posted...

1)Limitations of PS1/SNES hardare make things seem more down to Earth/toned down

All true, it's just a pity. 4-10 were some of the best games ever and there's never going to be another one like them.

They're not even giving people the turn based gameplay that 1) built the series 2) people enjoyed for 15 years. To think what could've been if they had given us a game this gen using the 7-9 model.
#123kupo1705Posted 12/22/2012 4:52:27 PM
Arn544 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...

All true, it's just a pity. 4-10 were some of the best games ever and there's never going to be another one like them.

They're not even giving people the turn based gameplay that 1) built the series 2) people enjoyed for 15 years. To think what could've been if they had given us a game this gen using the 7-9 model.

Just because I-IX had it doesn't mean it should stay.
It's outdated, and already been outdone.
#124Arn544Posted 12/22/2012 5:01:04 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Arn544 posted...
BaseChouGoku posted...

Just because I-IX had it doesn't mean it should stay.
It's outdated, and already been outdone.

It may have been out done by other games but not by anything SE has done. I could give you something like the elder scrolls topping it but even then it's close.

And good gameplay doesn't just get outdated, hell they're still making 2D mario games and selling millions. The 4-9 ATB system were the most fun battle systems in the series, if they still made them like that they would sell more than 12 and 13 did.

Those games had the best stories on the game market, some of the best gameplay and they had more content than any other game. They were not losing customers until they're started changing things about it.

It should have stayed, and if they don't bring it back they should go bankrupt
#125HitzkolpfPosted 12/22/2012 8:54:52 PM
Yamato_NCC-1701 posted...
ExtremeLight(ning fanboy)
Lol my name have absolutely nothing to do with lightning. I thought ofit like in 2005.

Account Created Sunday, October 3, 2010 2:03 PM

lmao
#126theofficefan99Posted 12/22/2012 9:01:16 PM
The last few seconds of the trailer were cringe-worthy, yes.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#127theofficefan99Posted 12/22/2012 9:03:22 PM
"Even all the scripts they've ruined, in every remake, compare the mysidian legend from the first FF4 to the DS version, the loss in quality in writing is appalling. These modern writers try to immitate what Square used to do but they use words that are too big and don't flow and they sound ridiculous."

Wait, what? FFIV DS has great dialogue.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#128Lelouch71Posted 12/22/2012 9:06:58 PM
FF always been cheesy. The only difference is I'm not blinded by nostalgia or see FF as the pinnacle of story telling. The only ones I say have the less cheese are FFT, FFXII, and FFIX. Hell jrpgs in general are cheesy.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#129theofficefan99Posted 12/22/2012 9:12:55 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
FF always been cheesy. The only difference is I'm not blinded by nostalgia or see FF as the pinnacle of story telling. The only ones I say have the less cheese are FFT, FFXII, and FFIX. Hell jrpgs in general are cheesy.

There are plenty of well-written (in terms of dialogue, at least) JRPG's.

Lost Odyssey, NIER, Drakengard 1 and 2, Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, FFIV (DS), FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFXI, FFXII, FFT, FF Type-0, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Xenogears, Xenosaga trilogy, Suikoden series, Resonance of Fate, Wild Arms, Baten Kaitos series, Shin Megami Tensei series, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, etc. etc. etc.
---
#130xenosaga123Posted 12/22/2012 10:11:17 PM
if you think that line was bad, you haven't played the KH games.

The dialogue in those games feels like the writers are insulting the intelligence of gamers.