Is this going to be another case of "this is the last chance I give Square"?

#1Biggest_BossPosted 12/24/2012 2:44:12 AM
Square Enix obviously have lost their way; they can[t make good games anymore, let alone being a shining example in JRPG's.

They screwed up with XIII, tried to repair it with XIII-2 but it's mediocre at best.

Versus XIII is most probably vaporware.

FFXIV was a disaster.

And now, a sequel no one wanted from a game that basically destroyed the fanbase.

Do you still have faith in SE to deliver a good game anymore?
---
PSN: Sleeq
#2MalakTawusPosted 12/24/2012 3:02:14 AM
Loved FFXIII, Type-0 and BD.
Enjoyed a lot FFXIII-2.
FFXIV was without a doubt a failure, but now it seems they are working really hard to make it a great MMO.
So no this won't be a "this is the last chance i give SE" since personally i'm pretty happy with SE, and from what i have seen about LR i'm quite confident that i'll love even this game (i'm especially intrigued by the new battle system.......and Lightning of course,lol).

The only thing i'm disappointed is Versus not coming out (or at least some new infos about the game).

Even for a future prospective, after seeing Agni's philosophy i'm not worried at all.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#3ayalorenPosted 12/24/2012 3:02:36 AM
I wanted this sequel.

I am no one.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#4Ultimate_FinalePosted 12/24/2012 3:02:43 AM
Final Fantasy isn't the only game series Square Enix make you know.
---
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden (VITA) - Currently FAQing: Persona 4 Golden (VITA)
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/24/2012 3:16:17 AM
i gave up after 13. not that i hated that game entirely, but it definitely wasn't my cup of tea. plus, anyone with common sense could tell that 13-2 was going to be a flop. the dev-cycle and trailers were all you need to foresee that disaster.

i haven't bought a se game since 13. i rented 13-2 (for free), i've yet to play kh:ddd (i can wait for a bargain buy or used copy, especially after those reviews), i'm not into mmo's so 14 was a pass and i'm not one of these people who jump at every chance they get to buy se's re-releases again and again and again.

yup... i'm basically waiting on v13 and most likely kh3, BUT if those games don't deliver on my expectations, then i'm definitely through with buying se-japan games. i'll find a way around that if i really want to play something of theirs. renting, borrowing, used copies. whatever.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#6LolOkayPosted 12/24/2012 3:45:24 AM(edited)
They always say that. Then end up playing the next one anyway.
#7arvilinoPosted 12/24/2012 3:46:42 AM
Biggest_Boss posted...
Square Enix obviously have lost their way; they can[t make good games anymore, let alone being a shining example in JRPG's.

They screwed up with XIII, tried to repair it with XIII-2 but it's mediocre at best.

Versus XIII is most probably vaporware.

FFXIV was a disaster.

And now, a sequel no one wanted from a game that basically destroyed the fanbase.

Do you still have faith in SE to deliver a good game anymore?

If that's how you feel I wouldn't do that. if you think it's "your last chance you're giving Square" and don't want the game don't get it, Wait, or better yet forget about the series until they release a game you might be interested in it.

You don't really have to follow the series to know when say FFXV will be announced for example.
#8King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/24/2012 3:48:41 AM
Nope.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#9j-fielding95Posted 12/24/2012 3:50:22 AM
If it's 'another' last chance, then those people need to move on and get a life, instead of staying here to hate the game for the next 3 years.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#10IAMlnDiGNaTioNPosted 12/24/2012 3:52:15 AM
I'm not waiting them to release FF game. I'm waiting them to release little better than average JRPG.