Is this going to be another case of "this is the last chance I give Square"?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Is this going to be another case of "this is the last chance I give Square"?
2 years ago#21
kupo1705 posted...
The Last Remnant was a good game.
Too bad few people have played it before it was horrible on the 360, and wasn't ported to the PS3.

I played it on a PC. I liked it, the battle system was cool, but very challenging at times.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
2 years ago#22
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Too bad few people have played it before it was horrible on the 360, and wasn't ported to the PS3.

I played it on a PC. I liked it, the battle system was cool, but very challenging at times.

Yeah, the PC version is good.
It should have been FFXIII so it had a higher budget to fix some of the issues.
2 years ago#23
kupo1705 posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Actually, that is quite a brilliant idea. Last Remnant would make a much better FFXIII than... well, FFXIII. But they should work on the story more, it wasn't really captivating.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
2 years ago#24
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Actually, that is quite a brilliant idea. Last Remnant would make a much better FFXIII than... well, FFXIII. But they should work on the story more, it wasn't really captivating.

It lacked characters that made you care about what was going on.
2 years ago#25
To be fair, the only names I remember are Rush and David xD
---
2 years ago#26
That's what I meant.

The battle system is very good.
It's like a mix of a SRPG and a regular RPG which I like.
2 years ago#27
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I think anything would be more captivating than the stories of FFXIII & XIII-2.
---
PSN: Sleeq
2 years ago#28
Square Enix lost me a couple days after I bought FFXIII brand spankin' new. After the initial hype and amazement at the graphics and junk wore off me, I began to realize that I hated the story, felt nothing for the characters, the battle system sucked, and everything I did in the game felt like a chore. I probably made it through half the game before I just got so bored and uninterested that I quit playing it. I've tried on 3 separate occasions to finish the game and try to see what makes people revere it as godlike but I just ain't having any luck. Every time I try to play through, I get less farther than I was the previous attempt and get bored and shut it off. I regret spending that 60 bucks that day.

Never played XIII-2 and i'm definitely not gonna play XIII-3

With all that being said, SE starting going downhill once they created FFXI
2 years ago#29
Bromato posted...
Square Enix lost me a couple days after I bought FFXIII brand spankin' new. After the initial hype and amazement at the graphics and junk wore off me, I began to realize that I hated the story, felt nothing for the characters, the battle system sucked, and everything I did in the game felt like a chore. I probably made it through half the game before I just got so bored and uninterested that I quit playing it. I've tried on 3 separate occasions to finish the game and try to see what makes people revere it as godlike but I just ain't having any luck. Every time I try to play through, I get less farther than I was the previous attempt and get bored and shut it off. I regret spending that 60 bucks that day.

Yet here you are. Quite sad really.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
2 years ago#30
j-fielding95 posted...
Bromato posted...

Yet here you are. Quite sad really.

I'd say liking the XIII games is more sad.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Is this going to be another case of "this is the last chance I give Square"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived