Is this going to be another case of "this is the last chance I give Square"?

#81DemonPathRevyaPosted 12/24/2012 8:34:13 AM(edited)
I haven't given up on Final Fantasy series yet. I was disappointed in XIII, XIII-2 and honestly, my doubts in this game being appealing are quite low. However, I am still looking forward to FFXIV 2.0, Type-0 localization, FFXV and, with what I've seen, I'm liking the idea of Agni's Philosophy. I could care less about Versus though.

I would suggest they give Final Fantasy a break for a while.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#82chocolatesodaPosted 12/24/2012 8:45:38 AM
You should know that people have been giving up on Square almost since day one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#83JolosGhostPosted 12/24/2012 8:48:00 AM
Square Enix has far from lost me.

FFXIII was amazing. It was brilliant in a lot of ways. Kind of like Jazz.

FFXIII-2 was idiotic, but fun as hell.

This game looks pathetically uninteresting right now, but it's far from over. Even if it sucks, this isn't even close to their last chance. And if ARR turns out to be any good, I may be signing up.
#84Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 12/24/2012 8:50:21 AM
You all say that, but ur all stil giving them ur money
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' -
#85zodiac_swordPosted 12/24/2012 8:52:32 AM
This can't be the last chance I give them because I'm not buying this game.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#86Magical_MooglesPosted 12/24/2012 9:05:51 AM
justdontask posted...
why do so many people get opinions and facts mixed up?

this trilogy hasnt sucked, or it wouldnt be a trilogy... in fact, if it sucked, there would be no more FF... if nobody bought 13 because it sucked, they wouldnt have made 13-2... at the very least, very few people will buy 15, because they think a game company who made THREE games a handful of people didnt enjoy, has "officially" failed.... who cares that the other handful of people loved those same THREE games, if some people didnt enjoy it, the company is screwed... and also, never mind the fact that the same company makes countless other games, these THREE games are the deciding factor of everything...

and i for one will be very glad when i can add this game to my list of things to play... people think it sucks because its different... thats a fact... everyone here liked at least one FF for multiple reasons... this one isnt that one, so you think it sucks... heres a thought... go play CoD, which has the same controls every year, the same screen while playing, and the same menus with only visual changes (im not hating on CoD, people enjoy it, so i cant say its bad, but you cant tell me im wrong, they look really freakin similar every year)... you dont like different games? dont play different games... but dont say a game sucks because its different...

Final Fantasy XIII doesn't suck because it's *different*. In actual fact I wouldn't say it's a bad game -- just a very average (or below average) RPG which is below typical standards of the FF series. For me there are notable gameplay flaws such as the linearity, the repetitiveness of the battles, the uninteresting story and annoying characters. It doesn't offer a complete Final Fantasy experience, and the production team quite clearly cut corners so they could offer pristine graphics. Final Fantasy XIII was a commercial success but probably among the first of the main-series to not be critically successful. Final Fantasy XIII-2 didn't fare much better either. The company know that the original game was lackluster which is why they developed FFXIII-2 to try and fix the problems that were apparent in the original. Again, it has NOTHING to do with being different. Fans of the series are criticising this compilation because they are average at best. Fans who don't like FFXII for being different or for other personal reasons do acknowledge that critically there is a good game there --It's just not their cup o' tea. FFXII divided fans, but it didn't receive quite as big a backlash as FFXIII or FFXIII-2.

They are making "Lightning Returns" because they didn't tie loose ends with the second so they need to make a third game to tell a complete story. As a business point of view it makes sense. These games no longer take very long to develop. It's relatively cheap to develop and despite the backlash of opinions there is good profit to be made.
#87Devilman_AmonPosted 12/24/2012 9:06:34 AM
JolosGhost posted...
. And if ARR turns out to be any good, I may be signing up.

It wont.

It's an MMO

MMO's suck donkeyballs
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#88JolosGhostPosted 12/24/2012 9:14:36 AM
^ Normally, I'd agree with you. I played WoW and after 8 months, I wondered, "why....what the hell was that for?"

But honestly, I wouldn't mind playing FFXIV for a little while to see what the rebuild is all about.
#89justdontaskPosted 12/24/2012 9:37:13 AM
Magical_Moogles posted...
Final Fantasy XIII doesn't suck because it's *different*. In actual fact I wouldn't say it's a bad game -- just a very average (or below average) RPG which is below typical standards of the FF series. For me there are notable gameplay flaws such as the linearity, the repetitiveness of the battles, the uninteresting story and annoying characters. It doesn't offer a complete Final Fantasy experience, and the production team quite clearly cut corners so they could offer pristine graphics. Final Fantasy XIII was a commercial success but probably among the first of the main-series to not be critically successful. Final Fantasy XIII-2 didn't fare much better either. The company know that the original game was lackluster which is why they developed FFXIII-2 to try and fix the problems that were apparent in the original. Again, it has NOTHING to do with being different. Fans of the series are criticising this compilation because they are average at best. Fans who don't like FFXII for being different or for other personal reasons do acknowledge that critically there is a good game there --It's just not their cup o' tea. FFXII divided fans, but it didn't receive quite as big a backlash as FFXIII or FFXIII-2.

They are making "Lightning Returns" because they didn't tie loose ends with the second so they need to make a third game to tell a complete story. As a business point of view it makes sense. These games no longer take very long to develop. It's relatively cheap to develop and despite the backlash of opinions there is good profit to be made.

id like to thank you, for stating your opinion and making it obvious as an opinion (for me blahblahblah....) however, your thought on battles interests me... theyre repetitive? and the other games battles arent? in the others, you can use physical attacks to win every fight, maybe a few healing spells... in this, some say you can use auto battle (and its incredibly stupid AI, which some noticed, others didnt) to win every time, few paradigm shifts.... isnt that the same thing? why is it a problem in this but not the others?

and you must see my point, there are many people on this board who dont treat their opinions as opinions...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#90TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 12/24/2012 9:52:25 AM(edited)
Biggest_Boss posted...
Square Enix obviously have lost their way; they can[t make good games anymore, let alone being a shining example in JRPG's.

They screwed up with XIII, tried to repair it with XIII-2 but it's mediocre at best.

Versus XIII is most probably vaporware.

FFXIV was a disaster.

And now, a sequel no one wanted from a game that basically destroyed the fanbase.

Do you still have faith in SE to deliver a good game anymore?

You obviously forgot Type-0, which is, from what I've heard, a great game. Don't discount it just because there's no known US release.

Magical_Moogles posted...

SUPER THIS.