Kitase guarantees you'll be satisfied

#11AsiaboyzPosted 12/25/2012 8:46:48 AM(edited)
Exentryk posted...
Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.

So the solution is Lightning now has incredibly high magic stat to equal three characters as played in XIII/XIII-2 huh?
#12theofficefan99Posted 12/25/2012 8:45:45 AM
If "satisfied" means a cheesy happy-pappy ending, then no thanks. The rest of the info is great though. Especially Lightning being able to move during battles and half of the monsters being new.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/25/2012 8:47:23 AM
Don't write checks that you butt can't cash, Kitsae.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#14Elice_CarolPosted 12/25/2012 8:50:16 AM
If "satisfied" means a cheesy happy-pappy ending, then no thanks. The rest of the info is great though. Especially Lightning being able to move during battles and half of the monsters being new.

I want an ending that's just as happy (if not happier) as XIII's ending. Why even bother if it's still gonna be a tearful trainwreck?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#15ilikeikeilikeikPosted 12/25/2012 8:55:15 AM
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:

Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

I know.

You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.

:3

Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.

Time waits for no one.

Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.

Don't care.

Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.

Okay.

Lightning is the only playable character.

Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.

Cool.

You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.

Cool.

By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.

Cool.

The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

You're tentative.

Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.

What does that even mean?

Monsters appear even in the city.

Those bastards.

Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.

Interesting.

Half of the game’s monsters are new.

Oh boy.

The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

As it should be.

Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

We shall see.
---
Major Tales fan here.
Currently playing: Rebirth!
#16kupo1705Posted 12/25/2012 8:57:50 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

I want an ending that's just as happy (if not happier) as XIII's ending. Why even bother if it's still gonna be a tearful trainwreck?

It doesn't have to be either black or white.
Endings where everyone lives happily ever after are boring and unmemorable.
#17Elice_CarolPosted 12/25/2012 8:57:55 AM
It feels as if you're fighting with multiple people because of AI allies? Though in another context I heard that Lightning simply operates alone, but already that can be debunked as bollocks via Hope.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#18HitzkolpfPosted 12/25/2012 9:00:25 AM
We'll see.
#19theofficefan99Posted 12/25/2012 9:09:01 AM(edited)
Elice_Carol posted...

I like bittersweet and tragic endings. They are far more memorable and meaningful IMO. And XIII's ending was far too happy IMO. It would have been much more beautiful if the Pulse l'Cie remained crystallized and Dajh and Bartholomew discovered that their loved ones will probably not be able to hug them ever again. But the world was still saved and there is hope for man. If they had that as the ending, and if they managed to not make Fang and Vanille turning into Ragnarok feel like a giant ass pull, the ending would have been wonderful.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#20digidevilwilPosted 12/25/2012 9:04:42 AM
I'm assuming the feeling of multiple characters comes from the style system, which sounds like it would allow Lightning to take on entirely different gameplay dynamics depending on how you set them up.

Either way the game sounds interesting and them countering only having one character by offering what seems like the deepest customization of any FF game so far sounds promising.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX