Kitase guarantees you'll be satisfied

#101Valkyrie_SeraPosted 12/25/2012 5:38:57 PM
Kitase is right about that he guarantees I will be satisfied by playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and not buying Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
---
This Kupo1705 meme is best!
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32048543.jpg
#102chestershadowPosted 12/25/2012 5:48:20 PM
The fact theyre even continuing the abomination that is the 13 series means I know I wont be satisfied. Theres also that guaruntee that I'll like the game also probably means its going to be more crap like the previous two.

You want me to be satisfied with the game? Dont make a steaming pile of crap like the other 2 13 games, and go back to what made final fantasies good in the first place. Making outlandish guaruntees before the game is even finished is a huge red flag.
#103SPG080890Posted 12/25/2012 5:55:50 PM
I already know that this game won't be good for me...

I can't get over the fact that we only get to control ONE character, not when in FFXIII I had six unique characters to form my team and change the gameplay.

Then we have FFXIII-2, the put aside the other characters and give us Lightning's little sister and a new character so new gamers can relate to him...but in the end DLC comes to give us a little play time with the characters that were put aside...

And now we got FFXIII Lightning returns, they throw everything aside once again, even Noel, the character that was created for the new players is left out. We only get Lightning, sure you can equip items and change her looks, but it is just ONE character...

No more Sazh, or Hope, or Snow, or even Fang and Vanille...

I think the only reason they are saying that "It feels like your are controlling more than one character" its because of the styles system...

Thats not good enough...

However this is just my opinion...
---
PSN- PGS0890 Pawn- Fighter (Lucina)
#104mahroflcopterPosted 12/25/2012 5:57:05 PM
digidevilwil posted...
Look at all these "stuck in a box" complaints, and I bet they are coming from people who will bash FPS for being generic. Seriously, I see so many people clamor how dynamic, deep, creative, and rich the experiences you get from JRPGs supposedly is, but the second developers step out of the textbook definition established from the SNES era, people just flip out.

We got a game with an interesting concept that will keep you actively involved and aware of what's going on at all times. We got exploration that actually has involvement and meaning, since 99% of JRPGs just has you pushing your stick in a direction and running through vast environments with zero interaction. We got what already sounds like the deepest customization system in any FF game. We got a battle system that looks incredibly precise and flexible. Instead of churning out a lot of generic commands like the past 2 XIII games, we can actually chain and input commands in a more real time manner that allows for better combat flow and adaptation to the scenario, all while still maintaining a menu/turn based vibe that the genre is known for.

It's going to be fun to play a JRPG where all the elements are active, dynamic, and tie into each other to potentially create a fun and involved experience.

The problem isn't that they are doing something new... it's the fact that it took Square the better part of a decade to implement stuff that many other developers were doing early last gen. While great, we've all seen this stuff so often that it feels like "Great... what else do you got?" Vast interactive environments, customization, exploration, real time combat... WRPG's have been doing this for over 10 years and JRPG's usually have some form of exploration, side quests, etc. Directional input during combat for flexibility? Resonance of Fate already did this and 99% of other games and most other genres already have this. The time concept? Majora's Mask, Valkyrie Profile, etc. already did it. Day and Night cycles? It was fully implemented as far back as 15+ years ago. It's great that Square is finally catching up with the past 10 to 15 years of innovation, but I'm hardly about to pat them on the back for finally implementing things that other companies in the same genre have done for years. I'll just stop criticizing them for being relics. Sorry if I sound overly harsh, but Square has fallen behind the times for quite some time. Finally catching up after 8 years is hardly praise worthy.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#105SPG080890Posted 12/25/2012 6:11:38 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
digidevilwil posted...
Look at all these "stuck in a box" complaints, and I bet they are coming from people who will bash FPS for being generic. Seriously, I see so many people clamor how dynamic, deep, creative, and rich the experiences you get from JRPGs supposedly is, but the second developers step out of the textbook definition established from the SNES era, people just flip out.

We got a game with an interesting concept that will keep you actively involved and aware of what's going on at all times. We got exploration that actually has involvement and meaning, since 99% of JRPGs just has you pushing your stick in a direction and running through vast environments with zero interaction. We got what already sounds like the deepest customization system in any FF game. We got a battle system that looks incredibly precise and flexible. Instead of churning out a lot of generic commands like the past 2 XIII games, we can actually chain and input commands in a more real time manner that allows for better combat flow and adaptation to the scenario, all while still maintaining a menu/turn based vibe that the genre is known for.

It's going to be fun to play a JRPG where all the elements are active, dynamic, and tie into each other to potentially create a fun and involved experience.

The problem isn't that they are doing something new... it's the fact that it took Square the better part of a decade to implement stuff that many other developers were doing early last gen. While great, we've all seen this stuff so often that it feels like "Great... what else do you got?" Vast interactive environments, customization, exploration, real time combat... WRPG's have been doing this for over 10 years and JRPG's usually have some form of exploration, side quests, etc. Directional input during combat for flexibility? Resonance of Fate already did this and 99% of other games and most other genres already have this. The time concept? Majora's Mask, Valkyrie Profile, etc. already did it. Day and Night cycles? It was fully implemented as far back as 15+ years ago. It's great that Square is finally catching up with the past 10 to 15 years of innovation, but I'm hardly about to pat them on the back for finally implementing things that other companies in the same genre have done for years. I'll just stop criticizing them for being relics. Sorry if I sound overly harsh, but Square has fallen behind the times for quite some time. Finally catching up after 8 years is hardly praise worthy.

Indeed!
---
PSN- PGS0890 Pawn- Fighter (Lucina)
#106GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/25/2012 6:46:40 PM
I don't care what Kakashi says, game still looks balls awful.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#107notrandomPosted 12/25/2012 6:56:38 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
digidevilwil posted...

Your insight is great but not many can see it that way because they rather be dumb, blind fanboys and just say "i dun care about anyones opinion! i'm gunna enjoy diz game!".
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#108RedZakuPosted 12/25/2012 7:30:36 PM
Monsters appear even in the city.

Why? Kitase? Just ****ing why? What is the point of having city's if they're just dungeons with NPC's? Seriously?
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#109LolOkayPosted 12/25/2012 7:39:52 PM
My hopes for free movement during battle...dimming but still bright.
#110TheGreatPotatoPosted 12/25/2012 7:46:35 PM
ayaloren posted...
Kitase doesn't know what will satisfy me.

Pleasing your man. Like all women.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.