Kitase guarantees you'll be satisfied

#121JolosGhostPosted 12/26/2012 10:20:10 PM
wolf rider posted...
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

A sad state of affairs when this needs to be stated out right.

The game's conclusion was available right out of FFXIII-2's box, too. Requiem of the Goddess was not an ending. It was nothing more than a teaser trailer and a side-story that runs concurrent to the actual story.
#122TehRYNOLPosted 12/27/2012 3:31:30 AM
Seriously, what's Kitase on about FFXIII-2's ending not being on disc?
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#123SpacefrisianPosted 12/27/2012 3:49:53 AM
Remaking Xenogears will satisfy me.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#124The_CiscoPosted 12/27/2012 3:59:30 AM
GuyverAssasin posted...
Lets see...
-Last Final Fantasy 13 game; check

-No whimsical ditzy ass main character (yes you serah), check.

-Combat is tweaked and polished..remains to be seen..but looks good so far.

The only other thing I ask for is a GOOD goddam story and more than one Full ATB attacks
To me the game would feel alot less repetitive and redundant from mashing "A" all day to attack and adding more unique special attacks. I want some flare and flash in my JRPG. Perhaps one unique Full ATB/limit attack per style would be fine with me. Just give me some variety please, christ. Switching paradigms over and over to look at the same lackluster attacks killed it for me.

So in other words, you want the battle style to remain the old school mash of X like the past FF's right? Switching Paradigms for strategies is totally not cool but the same old crap we've had for more than 10 years now, right? I'm glad square doesn't have girly-men thinkers like you working on a game, imagine a company providing the same features over and over and over again while other rivals are experimenting and adapting newer features to move on with today's technology, i think 5+ years of rival companies making their own trends and innovation would bring the company to forgotten.

Oh but yes, to you.. todays Squares products are out of the "original" fans roots, bad story and characters... the same old crap that the girly-men before your day 10 years ago complained with the PS1 games. LMAO.

Ever new FF will crapped out with "I WANT A GOOD STORY THIS TIME" WAAAAAHHHH. Right, what good story? Every single FF that was new was blasted for a bad story as if the person judging had any intelligence understanding it.

Here was your kind 10+ YEARS AGO: "WAAAAAAA!!!! I WANT A BETTER STORY THIS TIME, NOT LIKE THESE GAMES THAT WERE SLAP TO A FACE OF LONG FANS... TO A SEQUEL THAT RUINED CHRONO TRIGGER, THIS YELLOW HAIRED GUY AND HIS GOTH RIP OFF OF ARCH NEMESIS WITH A LONG SWORD THAT WOULD ONLY ATTRACT JAPA-WANNABIES AND NOW THIS 90210 EASY ASS WE FORGOT WE GREW UP IN THE SAME ORPHANAGE STORY... PLEASE SQUARE GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS AND MAKE A GOOD STORY JUST LIKE OLD TIMES"....

10 years later, we have you...
#125sicko26usPosted 12/28/2012 6:55:11 AM
Exentryk posted...
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:

Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/lightning-returns-uses-amazing-atb-battle-system

Impossible, Toriyama has had two games to mess up every storyline there is no way it can all be cleared up in a single game.

Examples:

Snow, to clear up his cameo in 13-2 it would literally take a stand alone game. He is apparently on a mission (with brand to prove it) from a god (which one is anyone's guess) to find lightening (on his own no less), and has the power to travel through time. Yet he has enough spare time to show up at the arena.

Chaos being released at the end of 13-2. It was strongly implied that the chaos was a apocalyptic event, but since LR 13 was announced it's power was reduced to stopping time indefinitely, how can he write that change so it makes sense?

Lightening freezing herself at the end of 13-2, there is no way he can write it so she becomes a "hero" instead of a coward.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#126Elice_CarolPosted 12/28/2012 7:02:22 AM
Lightning? A coward?

Just......what?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#127HitzkolpfPosted 12/28/2012 7:04:55 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Lightning? A coward?

Just......what?

Well she did crystallize herself like a coward.
#128MalakTawusPosted 12/28/2012 7:19:32 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
Lightning? A coward?

Just......what?

Well she did crystallize herself like a coward.

That's called strategic retreat.
There was nothing that she could do at that time so she chose to lose a battle to win the war later, it's not that Lightning has cristallized herself giving up hope since she said herself very clearly that she was just waiting the time that she would came back to fight once again.

Anyway, considering all that Lightning had to do, saying that she is a coward is completely ridiculous.

....also she cristallized herself AFTER kicking Caius' ass one last time, it's not that she ran away without fighting.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#129Shanoa_AlucardPosted 12/28/2012 1:44:05 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
If "satisfied" means a cheesy happy-pappy ending, then no thanks. The rest of the info is great though. Especially Lightning being able to move during battles and half of the monsters being new.

I want an ending that's just as happy (if not happier) as XIII's ending. Why even bother if it's still gonna be a tearful trainwreck?

It doesn't have to be either black or white.
Endings where everyone lives happily ever after are boring and unmemorable.

So are heroic downer endings just for the sake of heroic downer endings. Your saying that those types arent just as cliched? the whole last hero standing gives his/her life to stop (insert dooms day event/item/weapon/disaster/invasion/war and becomes martyred/worshiped/redeemed from that point forward) type ending that is becoming over used in cinema and in gaming?
---
Psn Id: saintboot7
My ranger pawn, Charlotte is in need of quest/enemy/area knowlege, please help! (better/sexier equip also)
#130Shanoa_AlucardPosted 12/28/2012 1:51:05 PM
The_Cisco posted...
GuyverAssasin posted...
Lets see...
-Last Final Fantasy 13 game; check

-No whimsical ditzy ass main character (yes you serah), check.

-Combat is tweaked and polished..remains to be seen..but looks good so far.

The only other thing I ask for is a GOOD goddam story and more than one Full ATB attacks
To me the game would feel alot less repetitive and redundant from mashing "A" all day to attack and adding more unique special attacks. I want some flare and flash in my JRPG. Perhaps one unique Full ATB/limit attack per style would be fine with me. Just give me some variety please, christ. Switching paradigms over and over to look at the same lackluster attacks killed it for me.

So in other words, you want the battle style to remain the old school mash of X like the past FF's right? Switching Paradigms for strategies is totally not cool but the same old crap we've had for more than 10 years now, right? I'm glad square doesn't have girly-men thinkers like you working on a game, imagine a company providing the same features over and over and over again while other rivals are experimenting and adapting newer features to move on with today's technology, i think 5+ years of rival companies making their own trends and innovation would bring the company to forgotten.

Oh but yes, to you.. todays Squares products are out of the "original" fans roots, bad story and characters... the same old crap that the girly-men before your day 10 years ago complained with the PS1 games. LMAO.

Ever new FF will crapped out with "I WANT A GOOD STORY THIS TIME" WAAAAAHHHH. Right, what good story? Every single FF that was new was blasted for a bad story as if the person judging had any intelligence understanding it.

Here was your kind 10+ YEARS AGO: "WAAAAAAA!!!! I WANT A BETTER STORY THIS TIME, NOT LIKE THESE GAMES THAT WERE SLAP TO A FACE OF LONG FANS... TO A SEQUEL THAT RUINED CHRONO TRIGGER, THIS YELLOW HAIRED GUY AND HIS GOTH RIP OFF OF ARCH NEMESIS WITH A LONG SWORD THAT WOULD ONLY ATTRACT JAPA-WANNABIES AND NOW THIS 90210 EASY ASS WE FORGOT WE GREW UP IN THE SAME ORPHANAGE STORY... PLEASE SQUARE GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS AND MAKE A GOOD STORY JUST LIKE OLD TIMES"....

10 years later, we have you...

User Name The_Cisco
User ID 6270226
Board User Level 31: Veteran
Awarded to users with at least 150 Karma.
Account Created Tuesday, January 4, 2005 8:47 AM
Last Visit Friday, December 28, 2012 9:07 AM
Karma 254
Active Messages Posted 11

That's a whole lot O' Karma loss/trolling right there! Welcome to my ignore/block list.
---
Psn Id: saintboot7
My ranger pawn, Charlotte is in need of quest/enemy/area knowlege, please help! (better/sexier equip also)