Kitase guarantees you'll be satisfied

#31Elice_CarolPosted 12/25/2012 9:21:36 AM
I like bittersweet and tragic endings. They are far more memorable and meaningful IMO. And XIII's ending was far too happy IMO. It would have been much more beautiful if the Pulse l'Cie remained crystallized and Dajh and Bartholomew discovered that their loved ones will probably not be able to hug them ever again. But the world was still saved and there is hope for man. If they had that as the ending, and if they managed to not make Fang and Vanille turning into Ragnarok feel like a giant ass pull, the ending would have been wonderful.

*whispers into his ear*

No.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#32LenneValkiryePosted 12/25/2012 9:26:44 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

I like bittersweet and tragic endings. They are far more memorable and meaningful IMO. And XIII's ending was far too happy IMO.

Beg your pardon? It's one of the darkest endings in the entire series.
#33theofficefan99Posted 12/25/2012 9:32:53 AM(edited)
LenneValkirye posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I like bittersweet and tragic endings. They are far more memorable and meaningful IMO. And XIII's ending was far too happy IMO.

Beg your pardon? It's one of the darkest endings in the entire series.

It was far too happy. Fang and Vanille got crystallized and that's about it. And apparently 1/3rd of the population died, but we didn't see that. What we saw was a chain of ass pulls and a Deus Ex Machina that resulted in a happy-pappy ending. X, Crisis Core, Tactics, IX, VIII, VII and Type-0 all have far better endings IMO. And it's a shame because the finale was a disservice to an otherwise great tale IMO.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#34ManaYukaPosted 12/25/2012 9:35:22 AM
Still not hearing confirmation that you can move in battle...this is becoming unnerving.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#35HAAH_WAAWPosted 12/25/2012 9:38:44 AM
Yukanna posted...
Still not hearing confirmation that you can move in battle...this is becoming unnerving.

While the name of LRFFXIII’s combat system has yet to find a name for itself, it’s tentatively being referred to as “sugoi ATB,” or rather something along the lines of “amazing ATB.” Commands can be set up and mapped to face buttons, combined with action elements such as real-time blocking and direct control over Lightning’s movement.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4014#more-4014
#36Chickity_ChinaPosted 12/25/2012 9:39:33 AM
Misleading title. "Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories."

Wtf does that mean? They're gonna up character arcs from the past 2 games really well? They f**kin better.

And Lightning as only PC FTMFW!
---
Proud owner of a: No one gives a damn
#37soulabcPosted 12/25/2012 9:39:55 AM
Yukanna posted...

You can directly control her movement.

www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4014
#38PikachuTheHornPosted 12/25/2012 9:44:56 AM
Only way I'll be satisfied with this whole series of games is if Hope and Lightning get married at the end of this.
#39ManaYukaPosted 12/25/2012 9:53:33 AM
Ok, Ill have to see it in action then because from the trailer it looked like a standard FFXIII battle system with dynamic commands, guess well see.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#40soulabcPosted 12/25/2012 9:56:43 AM
Weird, I don't remember ffxiii-2 releasing so much information when it was first announced.