kanart posted...
Hope x Lght please *_*

No.

Light x Serah then?

Yes
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#42jakerscythePosted 12/25/2012 10:34:32 AM
The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

Am I the only one who lol'ed really hard at this?
#43HitzkolpfPosted 12/25/2012 10:36:18 AM
jakerscythe posted...
The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

Am I the only one who lol'ed really hard at this?

It's actually called "Sugoii ATB". "Amazing ATB" was after it was translated into English.
#44CaitPosted 12/25/2012 10:48:57 AM
I was willing to give it a chance, but the time limit is too similar to Majora mask, which I hated and I've feared that Lightning was the only playable character. I guess I have my answer, which is "No thanks, Kitase, but you can keep it". (-_-) Sounds like not fun, no story, all CGI feast that FF has somehow turned into. I miss the old Final Fantasy games and it is only because of my dislike I'd XIII did I realize that. I saw each FF as separate games, and never compared them to one another.
---
Thanks to my dislike of Final Fantasy XIII, I looked back on ALL Final Fantasy games and now which one I like for what reason. Angry blame XIII.
#45nedrithPosted 12/25/2012 11:04:42 AM
Cait posted...
I was willing to give it a chance, but the time limit is too similar to Majora mask, which I hated and I've feared that Lightning was the only playable character. I guess I have my answer, which is "No thanks, Kitase, but you can keep it". (-_-) Sounds like not fun, no story, all CGI feast that FF has somehow turned into. I miss the old Final Fantasy games and it is only because of my dislike I'd XIII did I realize that. I saw each FF as separate games, and never compared them to one another.

I'm going to buy it day 1 no matter what, but yea I agree the time part really worries me. I hate being restricted by time in game and having to do things as quickly as possible. Not to mention I'm bad at forgetting to get into a menu or saving a game before leaving so I can see myself running out of time just because of that.

Haven't played the Atelier series(minus Iris which was quite enjoyable but lacked the time element) because of this issue, which is kinda of sad because they look like enjoyable games.

Though If they would do it like MM then it wouldn't be as much of a issue, atleast in that game resetting time was pretty easy and in most cases unless you were really slow at solving dungeons it wasn't too bad.

Anyway's SE has came up with some pretty fun ideas in the past, so they deserve atleast a chance.
#46kdiz4321Posted 12/25/2012 11:05:05 AM
Exentryk posted...
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

I'm amazed anyone thought this would ever be acceptable in any game. Did they really think people would continue to buy their games if they started doing this?
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#47BloodySeraphimPosted 12/25/2012 11:12:40 AM
new costume designs? who cares?

certain info can only be obtained at certain times. thats terrible. im not interested in grinding out time.

monsters appear in the city? wtf?! after a dozen hours into the game, i start AVOIDING monsters because the battles are always so tedious, and the time between loading screen, victory screen, etc. are always so long. i enjoy visiting cities simply because they are a refuge! now i dont even have that anymore...

the game's conclusion can be experienced straight from the package? that shouldn't be NEWS. that should be EXPECTED.
#48kirusuPosted 12/25/2012 11:29:53 AM
dragonkyn20 posted...
Unless the game comes with a Lightning Blow-up doll on pre-order, I won't be satisfied with the sort of crap Kitase shovels out.

THIS
---
i never laughed soo much in my life
#49DullahanEXPosted 12/25/2012 11:30:09 AM
BloodySeraphim posted...

monsters appear in the city? wtf?! after a dozen hours into the game, i start AVOIDING monsters because the battles are always so tedious, and the time between loading screen, victory screen, etc. are always so long. i enjoy visiting cities simply because they are a refuge! now i dont even have that anymore...

Really silly complaint here. It just means that monsters will show up in cities sometimes. Nothing to get bent out of shape.
---
Currently Playing: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, Legend of Mana
#50kirusuPosted 12/25/2012 11:36:33 AM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:

Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

I know.

You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.

:3

Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.

Time waits for no one.

Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.

Don't care.

Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.

Okay.

Lightning is the only playable character.

Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.

Cool.

You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.

Cool.

By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.

Cool.

You're tentative.

Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.

What does that even mean?

Monsters appear even in the city.

Those bastards.

Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.

Interesting.

Half of the game’s monsters are new.

Oh boy.

The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

As it should be.

Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

We shall see.

lol i lost it when he said i would be playing as multiple characters at once even if im playing as one character. lol even lost it more when it said amazing atb.
---
i never laughed soo much in my life