I don't think so.

Never know until you try.

Maybe I did.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#62CaitPosted 12/25/2012 11:41:02 AM
nedrith posted...
Cait posted...
I was willing to give it a chance, but the time limit is too similar to Majora mask, which I hated and I've feared that Lightning was the only playable character. I guess I have my answer, which is "No thanks, Kitase, but you can keep it". (-_-) Sounds like not fun, no story, all CGI feast that FF has somehow turned into. I miss the old Final Fantasy games and it is only because of my dislike I'd XIII did I realize that. I saw each FF as separate games, and never compared them to one another.

I'm going to buy it day 1 no matter what, but yea I agree the time part really worries me. I hate being restricted by time in game and having to do things as quickly as possible. Not to mention I'm bad at forgetting to get into a menu or saving a game before leaving so I can see myself running out of time just because of that.

Haven't played the Atelier series(minus Iris which was quite enjoyable but lacked the time element) because of this issue, which is kinda of sad because they look like enjoyable games.

Though If they would do it like MM then it wouldn't be as much of a issue, atleast in that game resetting time was pretty easy and in most cases unless you were really slow at solving dungeons it wasn't too bad.

Anyway's SE has came up with some pretty fun ideas in the past, so they deserve atleast a chance.

Yeah, Squaresoft did, but Square-Enix isn't nearly as creative. Pus, I don't like Kitase one bit,and wish they would remove him. I don't play as many Action RPGs as I do a good RPG that you can get lost in. If Kitase has his way than everything I love about RPGs has just been removed from the series. How a FPS fan ended up as the producer for a RPG is a question I want an answer to. Since I don't like very many if any game he's been involved in. Plus, character design lately is pretty bad, the last good design was FFVI. I love to take my time enjoying the story, but...it doesn't look like the story will be very deep at all. I wouldn't even buy this game used, sad asI held back forming an opinion to give it a better chance. I didn't like XIII or the 2nd one.
---
Thanks to my dislike of Final Fantasy XIII, I looked back on ALL Final Fantasy games and now which one I like for what reason. Angry blame XIII.
#63FreakonaIeashPosted 12/25/2012 11:44:03 AM
ayaloren posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
ayaloren posted...

I don't think so.

Maybe I did.

The other person must be weak at this game.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#64ayalorenPosted 12/25/2012 11:46:37 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
ayaloren posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
ayaloren posted...

I don't think so.

Maybe I did.

The other person must be weak at this game.

Damn them. Damn them all.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#65roxas9001Posted 12/25/2012 12:02:31 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I like bittersweet and tragic endings. They are far more memorable and meaningful IMO. And XIII's ending was far too happy IMO.

Beg your pardon? It's one of the darkest endings in the entire series.

It was far too happy. Fang and Vanille got crystallized and that's about it. And apparently 1/3rd of the population died, but we didn't see that. What we saw was a chain of ass pulls and a Deus Ex Machina that resulted in a happy-pappy ending. X, Crisis Core, Tactics, IX, VIII, VII and Type-0 all have far better endings IMO. And it's a shame because the finale was a disservice to an otherwise great tale IMO.

Those two are far from good, CC could've been great if it wasn't for the whole Zack vs an army BS. To me 7 has the worst ending in the series, it just stops.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#66EpsteinBarrPosted 12/25/2012 12:04:17 PM
I'll be honest, I'm actually looking forward to the game. The gameplay seems like it could be unique and fun. I just hope Light gets good characterization instead of being some goddess or crap like that. I want to enjoy playing as her for once.
#67Lelouch71Posted 12/25/2012 12:12:29 PM(edited)
I'll likely be content, but I doubt that I would be completely satisfied. I'm already disappointed with a Lightning only game. At least the gameplay sounds promising.

kdiz4321 posted...

I'm amazed anyone thought this would ever be acceptable in any game. Did they really think people would continue to buy their games if they started doing this?

It's funny you mention this. I remember quite a few people *****ing about about there being no DLC in the original FFXIII. Kitase listen to those complaints and added them in FFXIII-2. Fortunately, they were non-essential. Then some people complain about DLC. Now they remove them again. It's goes to show that this fanbase can't agree on anything and SE should just cut their losses and stop caring about catering to people. They just should make the game they envision and not give a damn if people like it or not.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#68Devilman_AmonPosted 12/25/2012 12:06:22 PM
Exentryk posted...
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:

Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

And it sucks. Nomura probably did it on purpose to troll Toriyama.

You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.

Well that's a plus I guess. Unless the outfits are worse and mostly DLC.

Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.

Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.

ok I guess

Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.

Sounds frustrating...

Lightning is the only playable character.

That's stupid

Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.

X-2 Dress Sphere?

You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.

You just said this already

By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.

Countdown clocks are kinda annoying

The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

I'm not restless about it as I could care less. What's in a name...

Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.

wut

Monsters appear even in the city.

Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.

Why not Purple Haze

Half of the game’s monsters are new.

okie

The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

How so if they're barely in the game....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#69DraykonPosted 12/25/2012 12:09:22 PM
Exentryk posted...
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

Call me crazy..but this is something they are boasting as a feature of LR? Shouldn't that be a given? Getting the games ending without having to buy dlc?
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#70HAAH_WAAWPosted 12/25/2012 12:15:45 PM
"You're gonna like the way it ends. I guarantee it."