Kitase guarantees you'll be satisfied

#71Devilman_AmonPosted 12/25/2012 1:20:23 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
Exentryk posted...
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

I'm amazed anyone thought this would ever be acceptable in any game. Did they really think people would continue to buy their games if they started doing this?

They figured hey if the fools that do it for all the WRPG's, Call of Duty and Idolm@ster do it, why not give it a shot too?

But they probably saw all the neg press from Mass Effect 3 and decide mehhh let's not do that again
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#72Mindwipe77Posted 12/25/2012 1:41:22 PM
as long as lightxhope does not happen and become cannon i'm already satisfied
---
Lightning's #1 Fan!!!
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#73kupo1705Posted 12/25/2012 1:44:03 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
kdiz4321 posted...
Exentryk posted...
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased afterward, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

I'm amazed anyone thought this would ever be acceptable in any game. Did they really think people would continue to buy their games if they started doing this?

They figured hey if the fools that do it for all the WRPG's, Call of Duty and Idolm@ster do it, why not give it a shot too?

But they probably saw all the neg press from Mass Effect 3 and decide mehhh let's not do that again

What's wrong with the DLC for XIII-2?
#74TehRYNOLPosted 12/25/2012 1:44:52 PM
Kitase
The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

I'm hyped.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#75zombie_basher13Posted 12/25/2012 2:00:52 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I'll likely be content, but I doubt that I would be completely satisfied. I'm already disappointed with a Lightning only game. At least the gameplay sounds promising.

kdiz4321 posted...

It's funny you mention this. I remember quite a few people *****ing about about there being no DLC in the original FFXIII. Kitase listen to those complaints and added them in FFXIII-2. Fortunately, they were non-essential. Then some people complain about DLC. Now they remove them again. It's goes to show that this fanbase can't agree on anything and SE should just cut their losses and stop caring about catering to people. They just should make the game they envision and not give a damn if people like it or not.

They have to care if people like it or not. 'Cause if they don't, they won't make money.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#76thisranksPosted 12/25/2012 2:06:04 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I'll likely be content, but I doubt that I would be completely satisfied. I'm already disappointed with a Lightning only game. At least the gameplay sounds promising.

kdiz4321 posted...

It's funny you mention this. I remember quite a few people *****ing about about there being no DLC in the original FFXIII. Kitase listen to those complaints and added them in FFXIII-2. Fortunately, they were non-essential. Then some people complain about DLC. Now they remove them again. It's goes to show that this fanbase can't agree on anything and SE should just cut their losses and stop caring about catering to people. They just should make the game they envision and not give a damn if people like it or not.

I agree with the last 2 sentences 100%. It needs to happen.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#77TheHolySummonPosted 12/25/2012 2:11:12 PM
Exentryk posted...
Famitsu this week has new details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Here’s the bullet summary:

Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.

You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.

Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.

Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.

Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.

Lightning is the only playable character.

Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.

You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.

By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.

The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.

Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.

Monsters appear even in the city.

Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.

Half of the game’s monsters are new.

Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/lightning-returns-uses-amazing-atb-battle-system

Good story.

Good game play.

Bhunivelze, Lindzei, Pulse.

I be happy.

^_^
#78chaosflame108Posted 12/25/2012 2:27:16 PM
I'm assuming the feeling of multiple characters comes from the style system, which sounds like it would allow Lightning to take on entirely different gameplay dynamics depending on how you set them up.

Monk lightning? Do want. What if the style system gives her the "movesets" of all other ff party members? Dual wielding Blazefar sabres? O___o

Hmm..........we'll be satisfied with the character wrap ups. So:

Snow/Serah wedding?

Noel finding redemption and being with Yeul?

Caius.........umm?

Sazh's wife being brought back?

Vanille/Fang coming back?

Hope....umm.............?
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#79dils-dPosted 12/25/2012 2:29:52 PM
Exentryk posted...
Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.

THERE IS A GOD
---
http://tinyurl.com/bns529f
#80JolosGhostPosted 12/25/2012 2:29:59 PM
Those are very satisfying answers. Hmm.