why does SE continue to waste time with Lightning/the FF 13 world?

#31TiaelPosted 12/26/2012 10:13:30 AM
Or separate teams are working on other games, like Nomura and Versus XIII, and Tabata and possibly Type-1 (like we'll ever see Type-0 here).
The Lightning saga is being released to fill in the off-time, since ARR is holding back future FF games due to the failure of XIV and needing to be rebuilt.

XV is most likely being worked on as well, but it may very well be for next gen systems, which are rumored to be shown at E3.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#32badboyPosted 12/26/2012 10:17:46 AM
Because it's the most recent one, they don't need to recreate everything from scratch.
#33ilexukiPosted 12/26/2012 10:30:07 AM
only thing i hate more than people on the are on the ff13-bandwagon of crappiness, is people who suggest SE should instead make spinoffs, sequels and remakes to ps1 era final fantasies. i agree that 13 is crap, i agree that they should have moved on instead of making more crappy 13, but to suggest making crappy sequels to games over 10 years old, that don't need sequels is stupid.
---
The weak die out and the strong survive....which are you?
#34KaiKun91Posted 12/26/2012 10:43:52 AM
badboy posted...
Because it's the most recent one, they don't need to recreate everything from scratch.

Might be true.
#35roxas9001Posted 12/26/2012 10:47:09 AM
ilexuki posted...
only thing i hate more than people on the are on the ff13-bandwagon of crappiness, is people who suggest SE should instead make spinoffs, sequels and remakes to ps1 era final fantasies. i agree that 13 is crap, i agree that they should have moved on instead of making more crappy 13, but to suggest making crappy sequels to games over 10 years old, that don't need sequels is stupid.

Good, I don't like you either/90% of the people here.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#36TwoBit_Samurai(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 10:49:09 AM
Come on guys. Killing mutant hippo and rat people in real time cartoon graphics would be amazing. Oh, even better idea. They could make the game like GTA where you could kill civilians!
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#37kratoscar2008Posted 12/26/2012 10:59:24 AM
FFXV better be goddamm amazing to make up for Lightning milking.

Lets move on people games like bravery default show that SE more or less still have it.
#38Nuck-chorrisPosted 12/26/2012 11:07:29 AM
Because more Lightning is mandatory
#39King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/26/2012 11:07:32 AM
As long as people keep buying them and it makes them money, there is little reason for SE to stop.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#40digidevilwilPosted 12/26/2012 11:09:27 AM
The resources are readily available. Expect every FF from now on yo have 2 or 3 games, since it's a powerful business strategy to build a strong engine and resources that can be put to use more than once.

You will likely never see something like 7-9 happen again where they create 3 completely different high quality games and never reuse assets. This is not even just FF or SE. This is the way the industry is adapting to rising dev costs and increased competition.
---
PSN: PandaKingEX