Where did you all start with the series, and how do you feel about it now?

#1Scarlet ArkardPosted 12/27/2012 6:26:44 AM
I am fairly new to this board and I haven't had many real discussions with anyone here, so I figure this will help.

I started with the first Final Fantasy for the NES, back when you were able to rent NES games. However, as I was a little kid I didn't really have the patience for it. The first that I played seriously was FF 3/6, and since than I have been hooked. I have enjoyed every entry. Every one that has flaws has enough pros for me to look past them. Even the straight forward playstyle of FF 13, the game was great to look at, and the battle system was fun.

As for this game, I think it looks like it is going to take the most risk of the PS3 series games. Although, it looks like it will have the most payoff. When I first heard of the game I was a bit upset that it wasn't Versus that was getting all of the attention, however I am now more excited for this game after doing some research. If the promises are true about how open the world is, and about all the customization options, this game may be one of my favorites.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/27/2012 6:33:00 AM(edited)
VII

The series seems to be stagnating this gen, but i suppose LR might be a good game as it shows some promise.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3j-fielding95Posted 12/27/2012 6:29:27 AM
X I think.

This was of when I was a lot younger though, so I didn't like it.
The first I enjoyed was XIII, because I was bored of the same crap from WRPG's, and then I worked my way backwards, and X is now among my favourites.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#4kupo1705Posted 12/27/2012 6:30:14 AM
I started with XIII and it's the greatest thing ever!
#5ilikeikeilikeikPosted 12/27/2012 6:33:17 AM
I've been playing FF pretty much my whole life, and to this day it is still my favorite series.

I started with FFIII on SNES (FFVI) I remember always dying at the first boss because when you attack it in it's shell it counters and kills you, but I didn't know any better. I liked just walking around in the magitech armour.

I think the main series is still going strong, FFXIII is a great game in my opinion. The sequels, and spinoff games aren't as great as the main series, but they are still enjoyable games.
---
Major Tales fan here.
Currently playing: Rebirth!
#6DeFenzPosted 12/27/2012 6:33:25 AM
I started with the very first FF on NES (man it was great when Nintendo Power put out the walkthrough for the game) and have played each release with the exception of XI and XIV. I found enjoyment out of all the games...I wouldn't go as far to say that any one game was perfect or any one game was atrocious. Some I liked better than others but that's going to be a given when you're talking about a franchise that has over 20 games now (including sequels/spin-offs).
---
Broken promises don't upset me. I just think "Why did they believe me?"
#7Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 12/27/2012 6:34:38 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Great joke Kupapooka.
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' -
#8Elice_CarolPosted 12/27/2012 6:35:16 AM
I started with X after pleading with my brother to let me play his PS2, it blew my mind.

As for the series, I see a bunch of whiners and a bunch of confused businessmen.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#9Scarlet Arkard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 6:37:29 AM
DeFenz posted...
I started with the very first FF on NES (man it was great when Nintendo Power put out the walkthrough for the game) and have played each release with the exception of XI and XIV. I found enjoyment out of all the games...I wouldn't go as far to say that any one game was perfect or any one game was atrocious. Some I liked better than others but that's going to be a given when you're talking about a franchise that has over 20 games now (including sequels/spin-offs).

Haha yea I remember old Nintendo Power mags. They gave me a free copy of Dragon Warrior for ordering. Was the first RPG I ever finished.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#10Destroyer_MagePosted 12/27/2012 6:39:05 AM
kupo1705 posted...

I pray for the day you leave this board X_X
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)