Where did you all start with the series, and how do you feel about it now?

#121Damien94Posted 12/27/2012 10:39:27 PM
FFIV, which was released as 2 in the States.

I liked all the FFs up through 11. 12 had some interesting concepts (hunts, exploration, etc), but the story was horrible (or lack thereof), the colors and characters were bland as hell, and the gameplay was ridiculous.

13 restored my faith in FF. While I still don't necessarily like not controlling all characters, the paradigm system is interesting. The characters are much better and the story was much improved as well. You hear all these complaints about the game being linear and a long tunnel, but it's not. At least, not any more than any other FF. Sure, you could walk around the world map in midget-mode and get into random fights, but you still had to go to a specific place to continue the game.

I'm looking forward to LR and what it has in store.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#122Bronze_StuffPosted 12/27/2012 10:43:38 PM

What do I think? I believe the series has lost the momentum it once had. Are they cranking out bad games? Not necessarily, but it's hard to deny that they aren't hitting the same magic that they were from before despite their best attempts. I actually really feel bad for them, because it's clear that they have the passion to want to make good games, they just don't know what to do with themselves is the problem.
---
Jimbo.
#123taz3485Posted 12/27/2012 11:37:57 PM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
kupo1705 posted...
I started with XIII and it's the greatest thing ever!

I pray for the day you leave this board X_X

Says the guy that posted on this board
#124Ah04385Posted 12/28/2012 12:16:22 AM
Blkangerzero99 posted...
I started with Kingdom Hearts which led me to FFX. I loved FFX and it remains my favorite.

I think Final Fantasy got too blockbuster this generation. Nobody plays FF for a blockbuster game, but for occasional blockbuster scenes.

I played kingdom hearts before FF and it led me to two of my favorites. VIII and X.