Where did you all start with the series, and how do you feel about it now?

#31Snazzy21Posted 12/27/2012 7:48:27 AM
The first Final Fantasy I played was Mystic Quest , which i liked but didnt finish cos i got stuck. I played many other RPGs before that.

I like every Final Fantasy that has come out but 6 and 13. 13 was like a stripper really good to look at but dead inside. I hope they go back to their roots with the next one.
#32d3dsightPosted 12/27/2012 7:54:09 AM
Started with FF2 (4). Then Mystic Quest. Then played FF3 (6). Then 7. Then Tactics. Loved all of them. Replay them every few years. I tried playing 8 for about an hour, but didn't like it. The current state of the series is not interesting to me at all, and I doubt I will ever play another FF game again. The only reason why I clicked on this thread was because I saw it on the homepage. Good day!
#33MaroziPosted 12/27/2012 7:57:39 AM
Started with I on the NES.

I'm done with the series. I'm done with SquEnix and its IPs until I see a major shift.

Or a new, properly made Parasite Eve game.
---
Watch you back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#34SPG080890Posted 12/27/2012 7:59:46 AM
I started with the very first FF...

I loved the characters, making teams and combinations...

I find it sad that they now have to cut out characters just to give ONE more development...

Still, in looking foward to Realm Reborn!
---
PSN- PGS0890 Pawn- Fighter (Lucina)
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Eliwood/Serra, Hector/Limstella, Lyn/Wallace, Nino/Marcus, Priscilla/Jaffar, Dart/Louise
#35Karnage4208238Posted 12/27/2012 8:07:52 AM
tactics on ps1 i know its not a main series game but it is the first final fantasy game i ever played and is still one of my all time favorite final fantasy games alongside with viii and iv
#36MaroziPosted 12/27/2012 8:08:51 AM
Karnage4208238 posted...
tactics on ps1 i know its not a main series game but it is the first final fantasy game i ever played and is still one of my all time favorite final fantasy games alongside with viii and iv

Tactics (and the remake, and Advanced and Advanced 2) was an excellent game.
---
Watch you back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#37HitzkolpfPosted 12/27/2012 8:10:57 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
The first I enjoyed was XIII, because I was bored of the same crap from WRPG's, and then I worked my way backwards.

Tunnel XIII only allowed players to move forwards though... did you use a trainer to move backwards?
#38dragonkyn20Posted 12/27/2012 8:11:16 AM
I started with IV and VII but I couldn't really enjoy the series until I played V. Gilgamesh remains my #1 favorite character in the series.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#39Mordecai the MadPosted 12/27/2012 8:18:24 AM
I started with FF1 on NES, I was pretty underwhelmed by FFXII, haven't played XIII yet.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mojobones/gametron-1000
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/879484120/antharion-an-old-school-rpg
#40toomanymouthsPosted 12/27/2012 8:43:43 AM(edited)
FFX was my first, even though I have been around longer :) I was just caught up in Everquest for many years....

I have now played:
FF3, FFV, FFT, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2.

My favorite easily remains FFX, though FFIX isn't far behind.

FFVIII is by FAR my least favorite.

As for how I feel about this game... I'm really not sure. I was extremely disappointed in FFXIII, though it wasn't THAT bad. FFXIII-2 was an enjoyable experience enough, but I actually felt it was much too short and the story was just incomprehensibly bad.

I don't expect much of a story out of FFXIII-3, but I DO hope for an enjoyable experience this time around like with FFXIII-2.

That said, it seems Square-Enix is insistent about shooting themselves in the foot lately. What happened to the old Square?