Where did you all start with the series, and how do you feel about it now?

#71GeomagnusPosted 12/27/2012 11:27:59 AM(edited)
My first FF game was either FFXII or FFI & II for the GBA. Both were enjoyable in their own ways. I then jumped around a bit. Played FFIII on the DS some, played FF6 through an emulator for a little while, bought FFVIII on PSN, and then finally went on to FFXIII. Hated FFXIII with a passion, but I actually found FFXIII-2 to be more enjoyable.

Edit: Somehow, I forgot FFX and FFX-2, as well as FFXI. Fancy that.
#72NolaxPosted 12/27/2012 11:29:43 AM
Started with FF3 and makes me sick to see what it has become, remake upon remake, also this horrendous FFXIII series has ruined it for me.

Only reason FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 are being made is because these are quick cash ins as the games dont take too much time to make as they use mostly the same resources.

They should just leave the FF games alone before their ruin it even further.

I also blame the fans for the series downfall as they tend to like and buy any crap as long as it has FF on it.
#73Elice_CarolPosted 12/27/2012 11:32:17 AM
I think it's very curious how everyone's started with an early game and absolutely hates what the series has become. Nostalgiatords.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#74ZarethPosted 12/27/2012 12:20:49 PM
FF on the NES, then 2/4 and 3/6 on the SNES.

Played a bit of 7 but couldn't get into it. Haven't played any since, and have no interest in them.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif
#75Zechs23Posted 12/27/2012 12:44:54 PM
I started with X and loved it. It's still to this day my favorite FF.
#76Dabrikishaw15Posted 12/27/2012 12:54:58 PM
I started with the original Final Fantasy on the NES back in January. I have a high opinion of the all the main games(II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,XI,XII} since then, except for XIII, which I find mediocre.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dabrikishaw
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
#77CokaineCowboy77Posted 12/27/2012 12:55:17 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
I think it's very curious how everyone's started with an early game and absolutely hates what the series has become. Nostalgiatords.

Nostalgia is good.

*bathes in nostalgia bath*
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFX>FFIX>FFIV>FFVIII
XIII= S***
#78MeLikeyPiePosted 12/27/2012 1:12:44 PM
First game. Got pretty far, but I didn't bother to finish. The only game I've bought, and never finished was Metroid Prime 3 but that's because my sensor was partly broken and I didn't care to get a replacement. So there you go. FF13 was pretty darn bad. >_>

First and probably last FF I'm going to be playing.
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#79_EggplantWizardPosted 12/27/2012 1:15:17 PM
I played the original FF on the NES, back in the day. I totally sucked at it, and didn't pick up another FF until FFIII (SNES) came out. I have gone on to play all the numbered games in the series, except for FFXI and FFXIV.
I'd rather not comment on how I feel about the series now, for fear of being called a Nostalgiatord (which I am NOT).
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Hagane, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#80Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 12/27/2012 1:22:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]