New LR details.

#31maxxxximumPosted 12/28/2012 12:52:37 PM
wwwgippal2 posted...
Wasn't the birth of a new world supposed to be a bad thing in XIII?

I mean, didn't Vanille and Fang pretty much sacrifice themselves to prevent the awakening of the maker?

Oh well. Look at that, if it weren't for Vanille and Fang, the XIII series would have never existed and XIII would have been the only game.

No. They sacrificed themselves to save the millions of lives on Cocoon. I don't think they really cared about the Maker being summoned or not. Just the sacrifice that was being paid to summon him.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#32ayalorenPosted 12/28/2012 12:59:29 PM(edited)
fftsp posted...
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
fftsp posted...
The gameplay sounds great, the story has got me confused I'm sure they'll elaborate later, but am I the only one who thought Bhunivelze was the big bad villain?

It does seem weird that she's working for Bhuni when in XIII-2 she was working for Etro.

Yeah she moved onto other gods fast, then again it's been 200 years. It makes me wonder who was the bad guy, though etro acts were kind they just ended up being a curse

If Google translate is correct it has been 500 years since the end of XIII-2.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#33MMX377Posted 12/28/2012 1:00:09 PM
maxxxximum posted...
wwwgippal2 posted...
Wasn't the birth of a new world supposed to be a bad thing in XIII?

I mean, didn't Vanille and Fang pretty much sacrifice themselves to prevent the awakening of the maker?

Oh well. Look at that, if it weren't for Vanille and Fang, the XIII series would have never existed and XIII would have been the only game.

No. They sacrificed themselves to save the millions of lives on Cocoon. I don't think they really cared about the Maker being summoned or not. Just the sacrifice that was being paid to summon him.

...Ragnarok... Fang and Vanille were forced to transform into Ragnarok and nearly destroyed the whole world, Pulse.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#34Elice_CarolPosted 12/28/2012 1:18:09 PM
<"Hey guys, Yeul walks funnily. She'll be playable"

Playable DLC, mah boi. Also, you neglected to mention that I also included Hope in the list of people who walk funnily.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#35ShinGundamPosted 12/28/2012 1:27:10 PM
Not sure how i feel about it, I think they still use same battle engine except that it feel more manual and instantaneous rather than an automatic, I wonder if they will give the players new magic/Skills beyond Fire/thunder/attack?
So far the thing that surprise me is heavy slash/light slash in a certain job. I hope they give us cool spells and weapons are free to use without job limitations.
#36HAAH_WAAW(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 2:04:20 PM
ayaloren posted...

Light looks good for a 1021-year-old.
#37ayalorenPosted 12/28/2012 2:11:34 PM
HAAH_WAAW posted...
ayaloren posted...

Light looks good for a 1021-year-old.

And Hope is... 1027? So Sazh is still the oldest.
---
I'm only as good as you allow me to be.
#38hyro56Posted 12/28/2012 2:11:38 PM
Weapon creation sounds interesting. I'm glad there will be multiple shops. Which means there will be rural and urban areas. (I'm hoping.) Not sure why Toriyama has this random obsession with death. All three games now involve saving the world from an apocalyptic event. It would have been nice if he had mixed it up a bit. Decent information, however, I would have liked to known more about the plot.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#39BloodySeraphimPosted 12/28/2012 2:40:02 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
No QTE? Canceling my preorder.

First you thought XII was a good game, then this. Wow. Everyone was right, SE has lost touch.

thats the stupidest reason ever.

the presence of qte makes or breaks it for you? really?

personally, i couldn't care less about qte. i can understand people enjoying it, but not the point where it's a deciding factor in buying the game.
#40reimisbuttPosted 12/28/2012 2:40:38 PM
who cares bout this!

WHERES VERSUS