New LR details.

#71ExtremeLightPosted 12/28/2012 9:52:07 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
FFVIII, FFX and FFXII had QTEs when using Limit Breaks/Overdrives/Quickenings.
I'm not sure they're so hated. They're a generic videogame mechanic just like jumping. It barely makes a difference whether it's in the game or not.

QTE happen during cutscenes.

^this. Actually like cutscenes in battle. I doubt Overdrives and limit break are "generic" though.

Anyway. It seem Lightning is working for Bhunvile (ugh I hate these historical myth names...) to guide people to the new world (New cocoon?). So maybe lightning goal is to make the people realize that they must get to the new Cocoon and stop the oppressors. Also I think this throw the Bhuzvile final boss fight out of the equation!

P.S. How in god's name am I suppose to remember this name...
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#72LenneValkiryePosted 12/29/2012 2:28:30 AM
From Wikipedia:

In video games, a Quick Time Event (QTE) is a method of context-sensitive gameplay in which the player performs actions on the control device shortly after the appearance of an on-screen prompt. It allows for limited control of the game character during cut scenes or cinematic sequences in the game. Performing the prompted action improperly or not at all results in the character's failure at their task and often in an immediate game over.

The term "Quick Time Event" is attributed to Yu Suzuki, director of the game Shenmue which used the QTE feature to a great degree. QTEs generally involve the player following onscreen prompts to press buttons or manipulate joysticks within a limited amount of time. More recent games on consoles with motion-sensitive controls feature QTEs requiring specific movements from the player. The prompts are often displayed as a graphical image of the physical controller button; for example, games on the PlayStation consoles may show any of the four colored face buttons (X, square, circle, or triangle) as input for the event. Such actions are either atypical of the normal controls during the game, or in a different context from their assigned functions. They allow for the game designer to create sequences of actions that either cannot be performed, or would be too difficult to be performed, within the game's standard control scheme. While some uses of QTE have been considered as favorable additions to gameplay, the general use of QTE has been panned by journalists and players alike, as these events can break the flow of the game and force the player to repeat sections until they master the event.

I'm pretty sure Limit Breaks qualify. The point is, why didn't anyone complain about them before FFXIII-2?
#73zodiac_swordPosted 12/29/2012 4:08:41 AM
It allows for limited control of the game character during cut scenes or cinematic sequences in the game

---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#74FreakonaIeashPosted 12/29/2012 4:25:55 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
No QTE? Canceling my preorder.

First you thought XII was a good game, then this. Wow. Everyone was right, SE has lost touch.

B**** any harded and you'll turn into a wolf.

REALLY?!

If I whine enough I turn into a wolf?
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#75FtpkornPosted 12/29/2012 6:46:41 AM
Maybe noel is one of the murderers? Hahaha that would be sick, he did seem to sneak around a bit in the trailer and was a devotee to the goddess as he is a guardian and from the farseer tribe where they worship the goddess. This is getting good.

Battle system seems legit. Item system seems alright. Can't wait for more info.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
#76DarklordMPosted 12/29/2012 7:02:11 AM
Noel?That is almost impossible.Of all the characters in the saga,he is the one who treasures human life the most.Well,I believe that the ending of XIII-2 left in him some kind of impression.like Lightning,for example,who,most likely because of that ending, became disillusioned with Etro.

I don't think that could cause Noel to abandon his principles and start killing people,but it would be pretty cool if noel becomes a boss, especially if he retains his loyalty to Etro...or if, he really becomes a murderer,or other unknown possible reasons force him and lightning to battle.
---
Thank you all for your patience.
#77SPG080890Posted 12/29/2012 7:15:02 AM
I see a lot of the fans going: "This is gonna be awesome!, the battles look great"

Now that it is confirmed that there is no "real" free movement, i fear this game will be somehow boring...

No matter if the battles look great, It you don't have fun playing the game, if the battle system is boring, then it is useless.

Just like Ed from acorn films says "PLAY over disPLAY"

This is just my opinion
---
PSN- PGS0890 Pawn- Fighter (Lucina)
-Canon FE7 Lovers- Eliwood/Serra, Hector/Limstella, Lyn/Wallace, Nino/Marcus, Priscilla/Jaffar, Dart/Louise
#78FtpkornPosted 12/29/2012 7:19:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#79Steve_TeddiePosted 12/29/2012 7:19:57 AM
Nobody else is concerned you have to do quests to level up, and you don't get exp. from fighting?
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#80FtpkornPosted 12/29/2012 7:21:31 AM
Steve_Teddie posted...
Nobody else is concerned you have to do quests to level up, and you don't get exp. from fighting?

Sort-of. Seems it would be annoying.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!