New LR details.

#81MalakTawusPosted 12/29/2012 8:58:21 AM
From what i understood, you get points from fights to prolong the "time", if that's so than i think it would be quite cool imo.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#82zUkUuPosted 12/29/2012 9:55:03 AM
In regards to Lightning’s growth system, for the most part it’s connected to the completion of quests given to you throughout the game by various people. Unlike the previous two games, leveling won’t be connected to battle results. Battles will net their own rewards in the form of items you can use to strengthen equipment. Points will also be given to delay the impending end of the world, although Abe says there is still a lot he can’t talk about yet.

Wow, even scrapping the most basic RPG element. Great job Square. All hope I had for the game (as used title) is pretty much dead now. Might want to skip it altogether. I bet the "open world" promise is an empty one, too. And god, I hate one dimensional character Lightning - couldn't they go with another character as main hero? Heck, I'd even enjoy HOPE more >_>
#83ArthellinusPosted 12/29/2012 10:02:53 AM(edited)
Of course, nobody in this thread has mentioned the one thing that jumps out at me:

Unlike FFXIII and FFXIII-2 where to stagger an enemy all you had to do was fill up an enemy's chain gauge, this time you have to fulfill a bunch of other conditions besides that.

This is potentially a huge improvement and one that should have been explored earlier.
#84zUkUuPosted 12/29/2012 10:07:44 AM
Arthellinus posted...
Of course, nobody in this thread has mentioned the one thing that jumps out at me:

Unlike FFXIII and FFXIII-2 where to stagger an enemy all you had to do was fill up an enemy's chain gauge, this time you have to fulfill a bunch of other conditions besides that.

This is potentially a huge improvement and one that should have been explored earlier.

The break/stagger system will return for LRFFXIII, but unlike XIII and XIII-2 in which the chain gauge accumulated by continuous attacks, more than one condition will be required in this new title – an element that will help players develop multiple strategies according to Toriyama.

won't be very strategic. it'll be like "hit the back" or "hit the head" I assume, or "use fire" etc
#85Tron-BurgundyPosted 12/29/2012 10:10:15 AM
I just want to play dress up with Lightning but it's cool that the world ends and what not, kind of Majora's Mask-esque hopefully.
---
NagiTsunami posted...
Tron was the best MGO1 player...