Full interview

#1soulabcPosted 12/28/2012 9:16:50 PM
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4060#more-4060

"The current version of the game is difficult to clear because the story for each continent has taken play testers 3 to 4 in-game days to complete. " So that comment about clearing the game in 2-4 days was a mistranslation.
#2zodiac_swordPosted 12/28/2012 9:21:53 PM
"Kitase says that there is this sort of 'obsessive fixation on Lightning,'"
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#3fftspPosted 12/28/2012 11:17:16 PM
My first guess from long ago was right, physical attacks prompts automatic movement and magic is used as long raged attack. Not sure how I feel about this. And each character has an episode? I just hope they are in the last cgi ending and not just lightning
#4HAAH_WAAWPosted 12/28/2012 11:56:13 PM
So we have full control over her movement AND auto forward movement for standard/physical attacks? Who would press "attack" when they're not right in front of the enemy?
Anyway, if it works like I think it does, it will be totally avoidable. Still, I don't get why they would put that in an ARPG.
#5ManaYukaPosted 12/29/2012 12:22:57 AM(edited)
That liberator is Lightning and Toriyama says she is the only one there is, but everyone does not know that yet. Perhaps then, are these events being orchestrated to lure Lightning out? Without revealing too much, Toriyama says that each continent will have its own theme. The theme of Luxerion is “murder” because the team wanted it to be more appealing to a mature audience.

Oh my god -_-

Murder is a "theme"? Wow this guy is such an amateur.

And he hopes to appeal to an adult audience, yet in his attempt, he chooses a simplistic theme with no undertones at all and is something even in a kids movie Lion King tackles.

Murder!? Death is somehow an adult theme? Its so appalling this guy even thinks this. Its funny, the games before this tackles adult themes, and none were as simplistic as this. Themes like existentialism. He probably doesn't even know what the hell that even means if you told him -_-.

He thinks "murder" is an adult theme....I may be overreacting but that totally killed what little interest I had in this game ugh

Abe says that range will not affect the outcome of a battle. For example, if you select “Attack” Lightning will move automatically. LRFFXIII’s battle system will require you to switch commands depending on the situation, and if you had to factor in something like distance, then it might get a little complicated. Rather than range, Abe says it’s important to observe the enemy in order to find the right strategy to defeat it. You’ll want to watch an enemy’s specific movement, especially for those bigger monsters. Once you know the state it’s in, you’ll be able to deal with it accordingly.

All the other ARPG games you played? They're too complicated! Instead play our simplified game!

****, hurry up Versus -__-
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#6shinigami_mattPosted 12/29/2012 12:19:56 AM
Yukanna posted...
That liberator is Lightning and Toriyama says she is the only one there is, but everyone does not know that yet. Perhaps then, are these events being orchestrated to lure Lightning out? Without revealing too much, Toriyama says that each continent will have its own theme. The theme of Luxerion is “murder” because the team wanted it to be more appealing to a mature audience.

Oh my god -_-

Murder is a "theme"? Wow this guy is such an amateur.

And he hopes to appeal to an adult audience, yet in his attempt, he chooses a simplistic theme with no undertones at all and is something even in a kids movie Lion King tackles.

Murder!? Death is somehow an adult theme? Its so appalling this guy even thinks this. Its funny, the games before this tackles adult themes, and none were as simplistic as this. Themes like existentialism. He probably doesn't even know what the hell that even means if you told him -_-.

He thinks "murder" is an adult theme....I may be overreacting but that totally killed what little interest I had in this game ugh

Really? What Final Fantasy tackled murder? And no, I don't mean a character death. I mean actually used murder as it's theme?
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#7fftspPosted 12/29/2012 12:21:03 AM
I have to say I like that growth system is connected to completing quests, it's like a level cap but not as in your face as 13, seems like this game could be harder than 13-2 which is a great thing
#8TheGreatPotatoPosted 12/29/2012 12:21:16 AM
Yes yukanna, you are overreacting.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.
#9drsw36Posted 12/29/2012 12:27:21 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
Yes yukanna, you are overreacting.

This.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#10NecronmonPosted 12/29/2012 12:27:52 AM
It seems rather stupid that with the world ending in 13 days that Lighting is wasting time on small time murders. Unless they are vital to defeating Caius or whatever this plot all ready looks like a mess.

And why the hell is she jumping ship to be the god of darkness's tool now? Ugh, Eltro has been such a lame god she is going to be the final bad guy, it seems they are not even trying to make it subtle.