I dont understand why people are hyping Versus 13 so much...

#71theofficefan99Posted 1/5/2013 1:56:11 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Because it looks good.

Other than the CGI which has no relation to the game, it looked extremely bland to me.

It'll be 10000% better than Lightning Returns.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#72theofficefan99Posted 1/5/2013 1:56:45 PM
kupo1705 posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Because it looks good.

Other than the CGI which has no relation to the game, it looked extremely bland to me.

Well you're looking forward to LR so that should tell me enough.

lol
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#73theofficefan99Posted 1/5/2013 2:50:40 PM
FishermanFriend posted...
TriangleHard posted...
jaganshi2 posted...
People hate 13 because it "deviates" from the roots of "old square"... yet those same people are wanting this?

VS13 will get it's own circle of haters too.

No, people hate 13 because it was poorly made game with even worse plot.

continuation of that plot makes any XIII related sequels uninteresting.

at least VS XIII is something unrelated to that.

Really? Is that why the main complaints when it came out were things like a no level grinding, no towns and only one controllable party member? Healing in between battles and restarts if you die? Game over if the one character you control dies?All things that are different from every other FF game basically. Nothing about that is a design flaw. They simply took the game in a different direction and people complained because it wasn't like FF 7 through 10.

Square got tired of doing the same thing for 10+ years. Sadly these fanboys can't get over it.

I am a fan of XIII and I know that there are many legitimate flaws

-Extreme restrictiveness. Barely any exploration, no real optional dungeons or bosses, linear level-up system, Chapters 1-10 is just one massive tube. You are also never allowed to go to a previous location other than Gran Pulse and Eden, and there's no reason to go back to Eden at all.

-Upgrade system is half-assed

-Hope and Snow are terribly written characters that almost no one likes

-Despite throwing away many staples of the genre for the story, the story itself has quite a few problems, such as the trip to Pulse being poorly-paced and being almost insignificant, along with a few questions being unanswered, along with the Datalog being the only way to find quite a few things out, along with the finale being a giant trainwreck.

-Not being able to switch between party leaders mid-battle

-The game takes way too long to get going gameplay-wise. Chapters 1 and 2 are literally just walking up and pressing X. Chapters 3 and 4 are too easy, and Chapters 5 and 6 are dull thanks to there only being two party members.

-While most of the dialogue flows well, all of Snow's lines are cringe-worthy, and there are a few scenes that are cheesy in their entirety, weakening the story and the characters.

-Villains that are lacking in terms of screen-time and development

etc. etc. etc.

While I really like Final Fantasy XIII, I will not pretend that it isn't full of flaws.
---
#74PillsberyDoeManPosted 1/5/2013 4:13:57 PM
you forgot to mention the existence of vanille.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#75BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 1/5/2013 4:32:03 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
you forgot to mention the existence of vanille.

And Lightning is a underdeveloped, bland, one dimensional protagonist.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#76ExtremeLightPosted 1/5/2013 4:33:07 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

-Extreme restrictiveness. Barely any exploration, no real optional dungeons or bosses, linear level-up system, Chapters 1-10 is just one massive tube. You are also never allowed to go to a previous location other than Gran Pulse and Eden, and there's no reason to go back to Eden at all.

-Despite throwing away many staples of the genre for the story, the story itself has quite a few problems, such as the trip to Pulse being poorly-paced and being almost insignificant, along with a few questions being unanswered, along with the Datalog being the only way to find quite a few things out, along with the finale being a giant trainwreck.

-The game takes way too long to get going gameplay-wise. Chapters 1 and 2 are literally just walking up and pressing X. Chapters 3 and 4 are too easy, and Chapters 5 and 6 are dull thanks to there only being two party members.

-While most of the dialogue flows well, all of Snow's lines are cringe-worthy, and there are a few scenes that are cheesy in their entirety, weakening the story and the characters.

etc. etc. etc.

While I really like Final Fantasy XIII, I will not pretend that it isn't full of flaws.

1.) It wouldn't be logical to go back to an area in 13. It we did then the story would have major plot holes. I think they were trying to create the sort of game where they want you to go straight to the finish.

2.) Are you talking about the upgrade weapon/item system? Hah wow. I think you're dissing it cause you didn't understand it. IMO that is one of the most useful thing in this game.

3.) That is not a legitimate reason at all.

4.)What? You're saying that traveling to Pulse was useless? Pardon the game for trying to make an action moment by revealing the beauty of Gran Pulse.

5.) That's not even a flaw.

6.) Still not legitimate reasons...

7.) Bart and Cid Raines have nice development and screen time. Orphan was whatever Bart told the cast it was.

Thank you, thank you!
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#77evilvergil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 5:22:55 PM
Hitzkolpf posted...

Haven't you noticed?

Circlejerkervergil tends to turn a blind eye at posts that refute his slanted opinion on Versus' expectations.

You can't reason with fanboys, Kupo.

Of course, pulling the "fanboy" excuse like usual, how funny..

Exactly how am i being a circlejerker like you say i am?
#78evilvergil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 5:24:08 PM
kupo1705 posted...
evilvergil posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
evilvergil posted...
Yuji Kaido posted...
I dont understand why people are hyping Versus 13 so much...

Because it's not by Toriyama. Therefore it is something to look forward to.

This is exactly the type of mentality im talking about, Just because Toriyama isnt involved doesnt automatically make it a good game..

It means there's a higher chance it will be good for people who don't like Toriyama writing.

I guess if you are a fan of Nomura, but saying the game will be good overall is rather silly cause you know..the game isnt out yet.

It will probably be good.

Nobody is saying that it will be good.

Yes, people are saying it will be good
#79VanilleHopenPosted 1/5/2013 5:40:36 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
FishermanFriend posted...
TriangleHard posted...
jaganshi2 posted...
People hate 13 because it "deviates" from the roots of "old square"... yet those same people are wanting this?

VS13 will get it's own circle of haters too.

No, people hate 13 because it was poorly made game with even worse plot.

continuation of that plot makes any XIII related sequels uninteresting.

at least VS XIII is something unrelated to that.

Really? Is that why the main complaints when it came out were things like a no level grinding, no towns and only one controllable party member? Healing in between battles and restarts if you die? Game over if the one character you control dies?All things that are different from every other FF game basically. Nothing about that is a design flaw. They simply took the game in a different direction and people complained because it wasn't like FF 7 through 10.

Square got tired of doing the same thing for 10+ years. Sadly these fanboys can't get over it.

etc. etc. etc.

repeating that you love ffxiii a million times and then proceeding to bash it into oblivion every post doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite.. I remember a year ago you were the biggest xiii fanboy on the forums squeezing and clinching your toriyama pillow every night before you go to bed..

differing opinions/tastes are fine but your opinions have to be consistent which yours are not.. Perhaps that is why nobody sha''ll ever take you seriously..

You just seem like a nerd trying to fit in with the cool kids..

"flaws" as you put them are determined by the individual.. There are no set flaws in games... If they are flaws to you then fine but don't state them like your facts..

and for the love of god quit whining, it's not solving anything and it's just annoying for my eyes to look at.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#80JaylesseePosted 1/5/2013 6:16:24 PM
Of course it will be good. It shall be superior to LR in every way possible.
---
I'm only serious 23.7% of the time.
Once I Get Up, I Will Rock. Never Stop.