FF13 haters goth fans?

#71HitzkolpfPosted 1/2/2013 8:57:15 PM
I'm a heavy metal fan.

And a chicken rice fan.

And a little bit of a fried chicken fan.
#72The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:33:58 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I haven't played Zell in a while, so, forgive me for asking this, but how is Zell gay?

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Hope was gay, though. In fact, if he was a real person, I would deem him as gay without even batting an eyelash.

He kinda looked like Pink with a tattoo on his face... but i loved that character and his cheapness.
#73The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:37:49 PM
Pirate_Duck posted...
The_Cisco posted...
Pirate_Duck posted...
The_Cisco posted...
Ct9983 posted...
OP is a nut. I'm a goth (leftovers from the 90's, YEAH!) and I like FFXIII. I hate FFXIII-2 and LR looks like a reheated piece of **** to me, but still...

No i'm not. I'm telling the haters here to come out of the Ozborn-Anime Closet and get a grip. Not only are they yapping the same crud that old guys yapped against the PS games (the haters claim to be Squares gold times) but they are promoting that Square should keep entertaining the Goth community. While i loved the abilities of the past protagonist, story wise i never understood what was the big deal about feminine face warriors who are going through memory or emotional crises'. How is that an example of square making greater stories and down grading with 13?

So in other words, these Goth fans are saying that stories are better when we have jpop looking male characters (jpop males wear make up). Come on man. It's either you are playing you know how to understand stories or you just want more Asian Edward Cullens in RPG's.

I'VE READ YOU ALL!

FFIX is considered to be the best FF by many of these "haters". The most "goth" character is Vivi.

Also, FFXIII had Hope in it, right?

Yeah, but 8 starters hated on 9 during it's release. I'm glad they've matured and accepted it as a great game.

I don't think hope is a goth, he's more of a kid that's going to cross into the doujinshi perv fantasies of going with women who are a couple of years older.

I'm a perfect example of the exact opposite to your first point. Also, that point just isn't true. At all. FFIX has always been well regarded, as far as I've seen.

And, what? All Hope did was mope, and then plan murderous revenge on the wrong person. And he is the most closeted gay character in FF since Zell.

And wtf, is doujinshi perv fantasies? How can you level all these Otaku, cosplaying accusations at people without a hint of irony?

Oh that's nice. But i recall years back of a bunch of 9 haters who were really just the kids who started from 7-8 and were unaware of the job systems. I recall them going "wth is this, i can't take these funny ugly looking characters seriously... and Zidane, i thought he would go kid goku in his limit break" Some of the 13's haters batch who started with 7 went "aw man, square lost it.. 8 wtf now this rugrats fantasy.. and a villain who wears a thong!?".

Stuff like that.
#74Pirate_DuckPosted 1/2/2013 11:43:02 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Pirate_Duck posted...
Firstly, I don't mean for closet gay label to be a put-down, it's just an observation on their characterisation.

Zell's may be reaching, actually, but I do remember some moments when he seemed slightly obsessed with Squall, not to mention his strange relationship with a female admirer.

On Hope, I shall compile evidence over the next couple of days to show ya'll.

You don't need evidence, it's just so obvious.

-His looks
-His voice
-The way he acts when he wants to confront Snow
-The way he stomped his foot when Snow said he wanted to protect a l'Cie in the Vestige
-The way he pushed Vanille away

That's about enough, methinks.

There is more. I'm gonna compile all the times on youtube.

I'll just add this one for now:

After Hope finally confronts Snow, they fall into some wrecked building. Snow picks up unconcious Hope and hauls him around for awhile. After Hope wakes up, they have a mad D&M with Hope still on his back.

They talk for over a minute before Hope finally climbs off, perfectly fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWKAvc3quOo

From 0:50 onwards.

Would you stay on someone like that for ages if you could walk perfectly fine? The only reason he got off was because Snow collapses in pain!
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#75DemonPathRevyaPosted 1/3/2013 12:09:32 AM
TC, how did you draw such a derpy conclusion? >_>
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#76The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 2:38:53 AM
^ because all the haters were goths or considered goth characters as examples of squares best.
#77Pirate_DuckPosted 1/3/2013 3:16:08 AM
The_Cisco posted...
^ because all the haters were goths or considered goth characters as examples of squares best.

Who, exactly, are these goth characters? I've got Sephiroth...and thats it.
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#78zombie_basher13Posted 1/3/2013 4:00:31 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
chocolatesoda posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
You shouldn't be proud of that.

That is what I thought before I became one.

No, actually, that is really pathetic. Like, guy-living-in-mom's-basement-at-age-40 pathetic.

Hey man, economy is tough these days.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#79zombie_basher13Posted 1/3/2013 4:18:30 AM
The_Cisco posted...
Ct9983 posted...
OP is a nut. I'm a goth (leftovers from the 90's, YEAH!) and I like FFXIII. I hate FFXIII-2 and LR looks like a reheated piece of **** to me, but still...

No i'm not. I'm telling the haters here to come out of the Ozborn-Anime Closet and get a grip. Not only are they yapping the same crud that old guys yapped against the PS games (the haters claim to be Squares gold times) but they are promoting that Square should keep entertaining the Goth community. While i loved the abilities of the past protagonist, story wise i never understood what was the big deal about feminine face warriors who are going through memory or emotional crises'. How is that an example of square making greater stories and down grading with 13?

So in other words, these Goth fans are saying that stories are better when we have jpop looking male characters (jpop males wear make up). Come on man. It's either you are playing you know how to understand stories or you just want more Asian Edward Cullens in RPG's.

I'VE READ YOU ALL!

Yeah, Cloud, Squall, and Zidane all look feminine 'pretty boy' and suffer trauma/memory loss of some kind, along with Terra. Cecil is also like this but his story is a lot better in theory. And then there's Vaan...ugh. No words.

But come on, those are just the main characters. Think about the whole game here. FF6-10 are all way better than XIII, in story and in design. And those days were way better than these present days of MMOs, XIII sequels, and a 3-5 year wait for new main FFs. Right up until XI each came out a year after the last and was of supreme quality. Now look at how much time it takes between main FFs to come out for very questionable quality. And mannn, don't even get me started on Versus and Type 0.

Look, I consider myself a FF hardcore fanboy but even I can see and admit the decline of the series. All true fans should, and that doesn't make us haters. It just means we want good games that are worth our money and patience.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#80The_Cisco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:18:29 AM(edited)
zombie_basher13 posted...
The_Cisco posted...
Ct9983 posted...

I'VE READ YOU ALL!

Yeah, Cloud, Squall, and Zidane all look feminine 'pretty boy' and suffer trauma/memory loss of some kind, along with Terra. Cecil is also like this but his story is a lot better in theory. And then there's Vaan...ugh. No words.

But come on, those are just the main characters. Think about the whole game here. FF6-10 are all way better than XIII, in story and in design. And those days were way better than these present days of MMOs, XIII sequels, and a 3-5 year wait for new main FFs. Right up until XI each came out a year after the last and was of supreme quality. Now look at how much time it takes between main FFs to come out for very questionable quality. And mannn, don't even get me started on Versus and Type 0.

Look, I consider myself a FF hardcore fanboy but even I can see and admit the decline of the series. All true fans should, and that doesn't make us haters. It just means we want good games that are worth our money and patience.

What story? They all had the same main plot "save the world". It was just what from that gave the distinction. LMAO at you goths going all story, you want a story, read a book. Everyone who has said "i see a decline in the series" claims to be a hardcore FF fan.. kid, we had guys like you all over the ff8 boards during it's time.. the time where you were old enough to play video games. Those past People said "i am a hardcore square/FF fan and i see decline" since 7,8,10 where just new.

Goths man.