I actually liked Final Fantasy 13.

#11Pirate_DuckPosted 1/2/2013 5:30:01 PM
Thats cool dude, it's perfectly fine to like FFXIII. Its ignoring it's faults or pretending that it is a problem with the "haters" for not loving it that puts bees in bonnets.

I love FFVIII. LOVE it. But I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't have some pretty massive flaws, or that other people should obviously love it the way that I do.

Its like history: if you ignore the mistakes of the past, you're doomed to repeat them. They had some good ideas with FFXIII, but these were usually bogged down by basic game design mishaps, and its my personal hope that within 5 years SE will have learnt from them.

OFF-TOPIC:

Speaking of learning from mistakes, did anyone notice that the first 20 or so seconds of the LR trailer was focused on showing off an FF1 level advanced TOWN? It's like they hear a complaint, and then just take it at complete face value without trying to understand why it was a complaint.

I personally think that the whole "NO TOWNZ" thing from FFXIII didn't necessarily have to be a complaint, if they'd just paced the game accordingly. But then again, trying to match the frenetic pace of CoD with a 60+ hour game where you attack by choosing things from a menu is pretty much impossible.
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#12theofficefan99Posted 1/2/2013 5:33:02 PM(edited)
Pirate_Duck posted...
Thats cool dude, it's perfectly fine to like FFXIII. Its ignoring it's faults or pretending that it is a problem with the "haters" for not loving it that puts bees in bonnets.

I love FFVIII. LOVE it. But I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't have some pretty massive flaws, or that other people should obviously love it the way that I do.

Its like history: if you ignore the mistakes of the past, you're doomed to repeat them. They had some good ideas with FFXIII, but these were usually bogged down by basic game design mishaps, and its my personal hope that within 5 years SE will have learnt from them.

OFF-TOPIC:

Speaking of learning from mistakes, did anyone notice that the first 20 or so seconds of the LR trailer was focused on showing off an FF1 level advanced TOWN? It's like they hear a complaint, and then just take it at complete face value without trying to understand why it was a complaint.

I personally think that the whole "NO TOWNZ" thing from FFXIII didn't necessarily have to be a complaint, if they'd just paced the game accordingly. But then again, trying to match the frenetic pace of CoD with a 60+ hour game where you attack by choosing things from a menu is pretty much impossible.

It's Square Enix. They make you regret complaining.

Look at FFX. Then look at FFXII.
Look at FFXI. Then look at FFXIV.
Look at FFXII. Then look at FFXIII.

They address complaints by going from one extreme to the other. They never learn. They think XIII-2 is a massive improvement over XIII? lol. Shows how much they know.

---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13hyro56Posted 1/2/2013 5:33:25 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
I like Type 0.

---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#14tiornysPosted 1/2/2013 6:08:00 PM
Vexu192 posted...
but does anybody else like Final Fantasy XIII?

Yes, there are those of use who like FFXIII. Especially the combat. If SE had done a better job with presenting the combat system, I don't think the game would get half the hate it does (it would still get hate for lacking exploration elements, and for the story presentation being a mess, but at least most people would have figured out how interesting the combat is capable of being).

t~
#15ilikeikeilikeikPosted 1/2/2013 6:09:20 PM
Hey I like it too.
---
Destroyed Lich with fire, and Kary with might.
Sockin' Kraken blockin' knockin' as we nuke Tiamat tonight.
#16chocolatesodaPosted 1/2/2013 6:10:02 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
It definitely has its flaws and it's very easy to see why quite a few people hate it, but I personally like XIII quite a bit.

You can apply that to almost every FF.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#17Bl1xvanPosted 1/2/2013 6:17:35 PM
I enjoyed the story, even if I don't understand some parts of it. lol

The set of characters in it were among the most interesting I've ever seen :3
---
"In the hands of someone who's good enough at thinking outside of the box, ANYTHING can be used as a weapon."
#18BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 1/2/2013 6:18:56 PM
- Horrible writing
- Horrible story
- Gameplay is repetitive and basically plays itself
- Hallways. Hallways everywhere.
- Most of the characters are annoying as **** and unlikable.
- Lightning is a bland protagonist

+ Graphics/CGI is stunningly gorgeous
+ Sazh
+ Some of the music is good

That pretty much sums it up.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#19Chocotastic3000Posted 1/2/2013 6:44:04 PM
I actually enjoyed FFXIII aswell. In my opinion, I think the main flaw most people had with FFXIII was it's linearity, but that certainly didn't stop me from playing it.

IMO, I didn't mind the battle system having Auto-battle implemented into it either as Auto-battle is simply OPTIONAL. Therefore, I wouldn't consider FFXIII's battle system a major flaw.

:)
#20tiornysPosted 1/2/2013 6:48:24 PM
BIG_C_4_LIFE posted...
- Horrible writing
- Horrible story
- Gameplay is repetitive and basically plays itself
- Hallways. Hallways everywhere.
- Most of the characters are annoying as **** and unlikable.
- Lightning is a bland protagonist

+ Graphics/CGI is stunningly gorgeous
+ Sazh
+ Some of the music is good

That pretty much sums it up.

I'll grant you everything except the bolded point. Combat is only repetitive if you repeatedly adopt the same strategies, and it only plays itself if you choose to let Auto-battle do your thinking for you. Basically, don't blame the game for things you can choose to do differently. (I will grant that there's basically no gameplay other than combat, but that's a different complaint.)

Oh, and for the record I disagree on horrible story and annoying characters, but I can't fault you for having different tastes than I do.

t~