Will Lightning be able to jump freely during battles?

#11LolOkayPosted 1/3/2013 5:10:21 AM(edited)
zodiac_sword posted...
So is this system essentially FF13 with commands moved from a menu to buttons and control over Lightning's movement?

Not really. Since this game will have more customisable paradigms called "styles" also no more command queues puts more emphasis on timing. Also, we have no direct control over Light's movement, we can manipulate it like the past entries though.
#12arvilinoPosted 1/3/2013 5:14:05 AM
I think it was recently confirmed there is free movement. it just wasn't visible in the trailer because it only showed Lightning attacking enemies.
#13LolOkayPosted 1/3/2013 5:27:14 AM
arvilino posted...
I think it was recently confirmed there is free movement. it just wasn't visible in the trailer because it only showed Lightning attacking enemies.

Really? Source please? I'm not sure if new information has come out but I'm talking based on this interview: http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4060#more-4060

Abe says that range will not affect the outcome of a battle. For example, if you select “Attack” Lightning will move automatically.

Though I guess we may still be able to move Lightning, and the commands themselves induce automated movement. But I really doubt that, seems pointless to add free movement but not link them to actions.
#14dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 5:33:15 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Play DMC.

Too cheesy.

I wonder if you think before you post some of that crap.

I would have if someone had filled my dark soul with LIIIGHT.
---
Once every third month I look moderately attractive. I take great pride in this fact.
#15FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 5:37:45 AM
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Play DMC.

Too cheesy.

Remember, If you change the future, you change the past.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#16dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:00:21 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Play DMC.

Too cheesy.

Remember, If you change the future, you change the past.

Good to know.
---
Once every third month I look moderately attractive. I take great pride in this fact.
#17FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 6:05:31 AM
dils-d posted...

Good to know.

Just reminding you that you should check the crap you are playing before calling something cheesy.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#18MalakTawusPosted 1/3/2013 6:11:55 AM
I'm not so sure if there will be free movement during battle, but maybe it would be a bit similar to other games like semi-automatic system seen in tales game (only n the sense that you can move freely, but when you do close range attacks the character goes automatically towards the enemy).

Anyway, imo the battle system looks great, free moveents or not.......especially since it seems there are other factors in the battle system that SE has not revealed yet.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#19King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/3/2013 6:12:52 AM
I wonder how SE will screw the battle system up?
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#20dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:16:50 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
Just reminding you that you should check the crap you are playing before calling something cheesy.

But it is cheesy. Besides, there is no right way to do time travel, just because XIII-2 chose a different route doesn't make it any less valid.
---