Will Lightning be able to jump freely during battles?

#41FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 7:25:17 AM
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
It is a series I followed since childhood, I don't want to stop it because Toriyama is having a wet fantasy about the pink whore.

And before you deny it, I just want to remind you he called her "The face of FF and the icon of japanese gaming". Clearly the man is obsessed.

So did I, but unlike you I have faith that FF is more than just XIII. One subseries does not define everything.

That subseries is what made FF stuck in one place since 2008.

The other FF game flopped and now needs more money to get repaired.

We desperately need something new.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#42TehAssasinPosted 1/3/2013 7:26:04 AM
Tiael posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Tiael posted...
You should check out Radiant Historia for the DS, better time travel than XIII-2.

Already played it.

Good.
I should replay it sometime soon.

Aht and her overpowered traps.

Aht is pretty darn weak at the beginning, but gets alil too broken later on. Those star trap damage is just unreal. Good thing about the characters is that they are all mostly equally strong in their own ways (apart from Aht which is basically sitting at god tier in terms of burst damage).
#43dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 8:53:47 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
It is a series I followed since childhood, I don't want to stop it because Toriyama is having a wet fantasy about the pink whore.

And before you deny it, I just want to remind you he called her "The face of FF and the icon of japanese gaming". Clearly the man is obsessed.

So did I, but unlike you I have faith that FF is more than just XIII. One subseries does not define everything.

That subseries is what made FF stuck in one place since 2008.

The other FF game flopped and now needs more money to get repaired.

We desperately need something new.

Type-0 looks good.
---
Once every third month I look moderately attractive. I take great pride in this fact.
#44Gravis_MortorumPosted 1/3/2013 8:55:50 AM
Play Star Ocean: The Second Story if you want a good ARPG battle system.
#45FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 9:09:25 AM
dils-d posted...

Type-0 looks good.

Yeah, I'm sure Japan enjoyed it.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#46dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 9:45:30 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...

Type-0 looks good.

It'll get here. Just you wait.
---
Once every third month I look moderately attractive. I take great pride in this fact.
#47FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 10:31:36 AM
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...

Type-0 looks good.

I don't think even you believe it.
---
#48HAAH_WAAWPosted 1/3/2013 10:35:31 AM
LolOkay posted...
arvilino posted...
I think it was recently confirmed there is free movement. it just wasn't visible in the trailer because it only showed Lightning attacking enemies.

Really? Source please? I'm not sure if new information has come out but I'm talking based on this interview: http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4060#more-4060

Abe says that range will not affect the outcome of a battle. For example, if you select “Attack” Lightning will move automatically.

Though I guess we may still be able to move Lightning, and the commands themselves induce automated movement. But I really doubt that, seems pointless to add free movement but not link them to actions.

While the name of LRFFXIII’s combat system has yet to find a name for itself, it’s tentatively being referred to as “sugoi ATB,” or rather something along the lines of “amazing ATB.” Commands can be set up and mapped to face buttons, combined with action elements such as real-time blocking and direct control over Lightning’s movement.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=4014
#49kupo1705Posted 1/3/2013 10:36:16 AM
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...

Type-0 looks good.

And when it does, it'll be a huge disappointment.
#50FreakonaIeashPosted 1/3/2013 10:39:24 AM
kupo1705 posted...
dils-d posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
dils-d posted...

Type-0 looks good.

And when it does, it'll be a huge disappointment.

Well, with the amount of hype it managed to gather, that is a possibility.
---