Biggest flaw of XIII: Storytelling vs Linearity

#1dils-dPosted 1/4/2013 5:32:35 PM
Storytelling include characters, the world and the datalog. Linearity include the lack of townz/minigames and the Crystarium.
---
http://tinyurl.com/hawwwtness
*totally manly sighs*
#2HAAH_WAAWPosted 1/4/2013 5:34:05 PM
The linearity.
#3CranberryTacoPosted 1/4/2013 5:34:22 PM
Only linearity for me. Story was decent.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong.
#4kupo1705Posted 1/4/2013 5:34:23 PM
It's linear because they think people only care about having an awful story told.
#5ragnarokiusPosted 1/4/2013 5:36:42 PM
Storytelling for me.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#6ExtremeLightPosted 1/4/2013 5:39:22 PM
Hmm, let me see:

Linearity: I can handle walking on a set path for a while. Most games I play does it anyway.
Storytelling: In XIII case, it was decent but it remind me of X story.
So I'm going to have to go with neither and pin it on the gameplay. The battle system was fine but the overall experience leave me desiring more.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#7JanneK89Posted 1/4/2013 5:44:21 PM
The storytelling. Mainly the dialogue and how many things were left out from the game.

I was fine with the linearity and never viewed it as a problem. Didn't think anyone else did either until I stumbled here.
#8sicko26usPosted 1/4/2013 6:07:11 PM
CranberryTaco posted...
Only linearity for me. Story was decent.

Story was decent until the end, honestly as much as I bash on the story it is what kept me playing I had to know how they were going to get out of the corner they were painted into. Then I got to the end and I was all WTF was that crap, I hate this game.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#9ilikeikeilikeikPosted 1/4/2013 6:17:18 PM
Linearity.
---
Destroyed Lich with fire, and Kary with might.
Sockin' Kraken blockin' knockin' as we nuke Tiamat tonight.
#10ManaYukaPosted 1/4/2013 6:34:29 PM
Storytelling really disappointed considering FF historically awesome stories. Seemed really bad in comparison.

Linearity isnt bad and works in most FF games, it just didn't work in this game because they didnt hide it atall; it literally was a line in some areas :/
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.