Just picked up FFXIII-2

#41King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/6/2013 2:24:24 PM(edited)
you don't have Eidolons

Good riddance. Those things were not cost effective it all.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#42theofficefan99Posted 1/6/2013 2:23:09 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
you don't have Eidolons

Good riddance. Those things were not cost effective it all.

Aside from Libra the only useful thing to use TP on were the Eidolons, and Odin saved my butt quite a few times. They aren't insanely useful like X's Aeons, but they sure as hell beat XII's useless Espers and I did find them useful during several situations, and I liked the design for most of them.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#43Elice_CarolPosted 1/6/2013 2:25:54 PM
I never said I did.

And how is it logically flawed at all? Are you trying to "convince" me that I actually like the game? Because I don't.

I was enjoying myself. Gameplay-wise. But I was expecting something more the whole time. And then it ended. Then I evaluated the game. I realized it was a piece of crap. The more I played it, the more I realized this.

There is nothing illogical about this.

No game's perfect, but you thought I was implying that XIII-2 is.

The most I'd expect out of a game is enjoyment, really. If the story's good and I like the characters, that's a big plus. And yeah, it's still illogical how you went through THE ENTIRE GAME without once realizing that you didn't like all that much about i.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#44theofficefan99Posted 1/6/2013 2:33:41 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
I never said I did.

And how is it logically flawed at all? Are you trying to "convince" me that I actually like the game? Because I don't.

I was enjoying myself. Gameplay-wise. But I was expecting something more the whole time. And then it ended. Then I evaluated the game. I realized it was a piece of crap. The more I played it, the more I realized this.

There is nothing illogical about this.

No game's perfect, but you thought I was implying that XIII-2 is.

The most I'd expect out of a game is enjoyment, really. If the story's good and I like the characters, that's a big plus. And yeah, it's still illogical how you went through THE ENTIRE GAME without once realizing that you didn't like all that much about i.

I already didn't like around 30% of what was offered to me before I decided that I hated it. And I enjoyed myself because of the gameplay; I didn't enjoy all the aspects of it.

Once again, I enjoyed the GAMEPLAY, not every aspect of it.

"The entire game" was only around 15-20 hours long. It's not illogical. I was enjoying the gameplay, but I still wanted a challenge, and I wanted good sidequests, I wanted QUALITY variety in my gameplay, I wanted a good story, I wanted good characters, etc. etc. etc.

I already knew that I didn't like quite a few things about it, and then once I finished the game, I did the optional content since the game was so damn short and easy and unsatisfying, and then I realized how much of a lazy turd the game is, and I stopped enjoying myself.

It's not illogical at all.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#45zodiac_swordPosted 1/6/2013 2:35:42 PM
*Reads the title*

http://s7.postimage.org/t197qlc47/whywouldyoudothat.jpg
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#46gwoodtamuPosted 1/6/2013 3:05:01 PM
What is illogical is that you played the entire game and admittedly said you enjoyed it and came out around a 7-7.5, then, for no other reason than you just wanted it to get better, and when it didn't, you dropped the score to a 5, and then say you hated the game. You also talked about how you enjoyed the game play and battle system, yet you complain about how easy the game is, and that you don't like the monsters(which I don't understand, if you liked them in 13, why wouldn't you like them now), and the monster system, and you bash the game play itself with comments about crap quests, puzzles, and everything else that encompasses the game play. Your entire standpoint is illogical IMO.
#47ExtremeLightPosted 1/6/2013 3:18:25 PM
Jounetsu2105 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
I don't understand this attitude. Why don't people enjoy this game more? I found it to be a great improvement.

A lot of people here have triskaidekaphobia, I'm afraid. That is, a fear of the number 13.

Hah!

Just shame to see all the hate :(

I feel like I am the only one that enjoys this series. Oh well, I will continue to play and not sit on the forums complaining. Just wanted to make this one topic to show some love ^.^

According to officefan anyone who loves 13-2 have "low expectations" of a FF game.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#48theofficefan99Posted 1/6/2013 3:42:17 PM
gwoodtamu posted...
What is illogical is that you played the entire game and admittedly said you enjoyed it and came out around a 7-7.5, then, for no other reason than you just wanted it to get better, and when it didn't, you dropped the score to a 5, and then say you hated the game. You also talked about how you enjoyed the game play and battle system, yet you complain about how easy the game is, and that you don't like the monsters(which I don't understand, if you liked them in 13, why wouldn't you like them now), and the monster system, and you bash the game play itself with comments about crap quests, puzzles, and everything else that encompasses the game play. Your entire standpoint is illogical IMO.

I enjoyed the GAMEPLAY. It was fun. That's it.

Yeah, because it didn't meet my expectations. It was short, and the story sucked, and I hoped that it'd redeem itself with the optional content and the optional content was terrible. And I already only thought the game was okay; the only thing I was enjoying before was the gameplay.

Yeah, it was too easy.

I'm talking about the monster system, genius.

And no, it's not illogical at all, especially since you clearly don't know what I'm saying.

I enjoyed the gameplay because I had fun with the battles and things like jumping around and whatnot. I liked the improvements. But that's it. Even before I deemed the game as crap, I still had a problem with the bland cast, the terrible story, the technical issues, among other things.

Then I did the side content and it made everything worse, and I decided that, as a whole, the game is a 5.5/6 game.

There is nothing illogical about anything I'm saying.
---
#49theofficefan99Posted 1/6/2013 3:42:39 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Jounetsu2105 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
I don't understand this attitude. Why don't people enjoy this game more? I found it to be a great improvement.

A lot of people here have triskaidekaphobia, I'm afraid. That is, a fear of the number 13.

Hah!

I feel like I am the only one that enjoys this series. Oh well, I will continue to play and not sit on the forums complaining. Just wanted to make this one topic to show some love ^.^

According to officefan anyone who loves 13-2 have "low expectations" of a FF game.

Low expectations and standards, yes.
---
#50CranberryTacoPosted 1/6/2013 3:49:25 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Jounetsu2105 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

Hah!

Low expectations and standards, yes.

Take it easy... Low expectations is a good thing... Standards comes down to how rational anyone is and how they can settle with a crap game or a good game.... I dont settle with crappy games... Also... We are very spoiled when it comes to gaming and graphics.... Settle with less gamers! I used to think Sleeping Dogs had a small map due to the fact i am used to bigger maps... But i loved the game... However, in my opinion, im not settling with a half arsed FF game since Square Enix is a proper large company. Its that simple....

I know how much work there goes in a game and the economy is lacking but a good company will be able to work around that. Square Enix is smart enough.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong.