Just picked up FFXIII-2

#61CranberryTacoPosted 1/6/2013 4:01:37 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
CranberryTaco posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
According to officefan anyone who loves 13-2 have "low expectations" of a FF game.

Low expectations and standards, yes.

Take it easy... Low expectations is a good thing... Standards comes down to how rational anyone is and how they can settle with a crap game or a good game.... I dont settle with crappy games... Also... We are very spoiled when it comes to gaming and graphics.... Settle with less gamers! I used to think Sleeping Dogs had a small map due to the fact i am used to bigger maps... But i loved the game... However, in my opinion, im not settling with a half arsed FF game since Square Enix is a proper large company. Its that simple....

I know how much work there goes in a game and the economy is lacking but a good company will be able to work around that. Square Enix is smart enough.

Lol personally anyone who enjoy playing CoD have low standards but at least they can put up with a crappy game ALL year long. All of the problems unlike FF are real, and truly legit problems. I don't go out of my way to bash it to oblivion, but I say some things that are problematic like lag comp and small maps. In FF13 case the only thing I found problematic was certain elements of gameplay, most of which was improved by 13-2 and look to be innovated in LR.

Definitly... That is why they milk it out so much.... They just use the skeleton of the previous COD games and add a few new war like surroundings to it..... (I've played COD a few times with at friends but i only own 1 game which i never touch)

FF 13 was OK... Just OK.... It wasnt a gem of a game.... FF 13-2 improved... But only in gameplay.... Lightning Returns?..... Not a CLUE.... And i will stay clueless by choice... I am just having a few theories.. Thats it... Because if one is speculating too much... It might ruin the gaming experience.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong.
#62kupo1705Posted 1/6/2013 4:01:31 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
I bought 2 copies of Sleeping Dogs yesterday.
I would have bought more if I could.

Good.

I don't think SE is too happy with that though.

They won't be, they threw the DLC out there as fast as they could, and I really doubt there is gonna be a sequel, which is a shame.

Well, it sold a lot of copies yesterday.
There was this issue on Steam.
It was supposed to be discounted at 66%, but someone made a mistake and made it a 91% discount.
I managed to get 2 copies before it was fixed.
There are people who bought like 10.
#63ExtremeLightPosted 1/6/2013 4:02:13 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Too many other games caught attention.

Like?

People were saving their money for CoD and AC.
I did see a bunch of my friend get Sleeping Dogs but the majority wanted money to get these $60 games. Also it wasn't advertisied very well cause I only heard of it once and that was it.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#64Celes--CherePosted 1/6/2013 4:03:16 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
kupo1705 posted...
I bought 2 copies of Sleeping Dogs yesterday.
I would have bought more if I could.

Good.

I don't think SE is too happy with that though.

They won't be, they threw the DLC out there as fast as they could, and I really doubt there is gonna be a sequel, which is a shame.

Well, it sold a lot of copies yesterday.
There was this issue on Steam.
It was supposed to be discounted at 66%, but someone made a mistake and made it a 91% discount.
I managed to get 2 copies before it was fixed.
There are people who bought like 10.

Oh, I didn't see that. In that case they are gonna be pretty pissed. How much was it then? Like 3?
---
Holy_Banisher
#65Celes--CherePosted 1/6/2013 4:04:23 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Like?

I did see a bunch of my friend get Sleeping Dogs but the majority wanted money to get these $60 games. Also it wasn't advertisied very well cause I only heard of it once and that was it.

Then they wasted their money. ACIII was a disappointment and CoD is CoD.
---
Holy_Banisher
#66kupo1705Posted 1/6/2013 4:05:18 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
Oh, I didn't see that. In that case they are gonna be pretty pissed. How much was it then? Like 3?

5 Euros for me.
They'll probably get the 'lost' money of the remaining 25% back.
#67CranberryTacoPosted 1/6/2013 4:05:24 PM
1. Sleeping Dogs is still selling.... I suspect the sales of the game itself will still grow.

2. The DLC are a bit of a money maker for SE and SE London

3. I stilll havent played AC.... I will purchase and play the trilogy when i have the time for it.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ FF Versus Munchkin [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong.
#68ExtremeLightPosted 1/6/2013 4:08:03 PM
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Like?

I'm going have to disagree with you on AC3. But CoD being at it peak for 3 year now manage to attract a lot of gamer. For AC3 it isn't a waste but for CoD it depend who you are. I doubt 12 years old would be interested in a game like Sleeping Dogs though.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#69kupo1705Posted 1/6/2013 4:14:40 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Celes--Chere posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Like?

I'm going have to disagree with you on AC3. But CoD being at it peak for 3 year now manage to attract a lot of gamer. For AC3 it isn't a waste but for CoD it depend who you are. I doubt 12 years old would be interested in a game like Sleeping Dogs though.

Why wouldn't they be?
#70Jounetsu2105(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:35:36 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Jounetsu2105 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
I don't understand this attitude. Why don't people enjoy this game more? I found it to be a great improvement.

A lot of people here have triskaidekaphobia, I'm afraid. That is, a fear of the number 13.

Hah!

Just shame to see all the hate :(

I feel like I am the only one that enjoys this series. Oh well, I will continue to play and not sit on the forums complaining. Just wanted to make this one topic to show some love ^.^

According to officefan anyone who loves 13-2 have "low expectations" of a FF game.

I don't consider my standards low. I think a near perfect game was Final Fantasy VI. I don't expect any game to ever mirror my experience with that game because to me it was an absolute masterpiece. How can you copy perfection? You can't.

The only thing you can do is try other things and be open to everything in the game and not compare it to something that is near perfect. If every Final Fantasy tried to copy the exact last one in the series then it would be extremely stale.

Like or hate XIII I truly believe Lightning is a great character and the story using different periods of the game is really unique for a Final Fantasy game. It isn't exactly the most open world/roaming game, nor does it have the "Badass" factor that Kefka and many other characters in Final Fantasy left me with, but it still kept me wondering "What is going to happen next?"

It keeps my interest and I never can say that I was bored at any time in my playthrough, so I don't understand the hate. I really enjoyed both games so far and I consider XIII-2 an extreme improvement from the first and if they improve on the third as well then I will be even more overjoyed.