Remember the whole "Snow and Serah are getting married" thing?

#21mahroflcopterPosted 1/6/2013 1:39:06 PM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...
The Noerah shippers should play FFXIII again so that they can see the chemistry between Snow and Serah.Noel and Serah seem to have a brother/sister relationship.

Never said it wouldn't be freaky for SerahxNoel... but at least they have a connection. All Serah and Snow have is a backstory in a seperate novel saying they'd only known each other a week and a half and weren't all that serious on top of a sappy "U mah hero!" rapport between the two.

That sounds stupid lol a week and a half?seriously?Give a link or I don't believe you :P

It's episode one... and technically "they met over the current summer break", so it was a few weeks at most.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#22Elice_Carol(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 1:51:34 PM
I mean, I actually can see SerahxNoel if only because we've actually seen them interact with each other, establish a rapport, and actually enjoy each others company. SerahxSnow, on the other hand...

>Implying we never saw anything like that between them in XIII
>Implying nothing of that nature occurred in the two or so years up until Snow left to find Lightning

For someone quoting the XIII novellas, I thought you'd have known better. I see how it is.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#23mahroflcopterPosted 1/6/2013 2:18:20 PM(edited)
Elice_Carol posted...
I mean, I actually can see SerahxNoel if only because we've actually seen them interact with each other, establish a rapport, and actually enjoy each others company. SerahxSnow, on the other hand...

>Implying we never saw anything like that between them in XIII
>Implying nothing of that nature occurred in the two or so years up until Snow left to find Lightning

For someone quoting the XIII novellas, I thought you'd have known better. I see how it is.

And that's the problem: We don't see anything . They are using a visual medium to tell a love story and are expecting me to give a damn about it, meaning I shouldn't have to base everything off of "Well, we're told they love each other...". A cutscene showing Snow proclaiming to be Serah's hero and Serah proudly proclaiming it to be true rings hollow when this is the first time we've ever seen them interact . Beyond that, we see a few flashbacks and see Snow constantly angsting about Serah. We get it... Snow loves Serah. Too bad they ended up cutting Serah out of the main game due to time constraints, meaning we only see Snow screaming about how he will save Serah yet never see her reaction to anything.

Elice, I'm allowed to feel that SnowxSerah is nothing but a sappy, ill-conceived, and poorly written romance just as you are allowed to feel that it is a good romance. It's not like I'm actually supporting SerahxNoel since that has already been made officially non-canon... I'm just saying I can see why people like it since they actually have quite a bit of screen time together and we are actually shown their friendship form, blossom, and tragically get cut short.

---
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#24King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/6/2013 2:07:11 PM
Man, I can't wait to see the divorce in XIII-4: Mo Money, Less Honey.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#25Elice_Carol(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 2:20:31 PM
I can't see why people like it. Sure, they interact and stuff, but I don't feel any chemistry or personality in the relationship. Just the two talking, agreeing on something, maybe making fun of Mog before heading off on their next adventure. I know they care about eac hother, but that's just a conclusion I had to make by myself and not because the game showed me.

That's actually my main problem with XIII-2, really. A lack of chemistry between characters, and their own development. From what I saw of Serah in XIII she was a bit bratty and pouty, but she showed conviction in her feelings and in her love for Snow. Once XIII-2 comes around, when she's not colourless she's utterly neurotic, I can't think of any scene where her character shines. You could mention the Sunleth Waterscape 400AF and a few Live Triggers, but they make her look more out of character than anything.

That's why I find the pairing of Noel and Serah uninteresting compared to Snow and Serah, and I'm sure many other people feel the same. IMO, those who do support the pairing only say so because Noel's young and attractive compared to the rough and burly Snow, who is such a sweetheart that I'd hate to see the look on his face when he walks in on his fiancee and the last of humanity procreating.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#26Celes--CherePosted 1/6/2013 2:24:35 PM
This topic was a magnet to find NoelxSerah supporters.
---
Holy_Banisher
#27madapocketPosted 1/6/2013 2:26:20 PM
NoelxHope shippers are annoying too...

Like... "omg Hoperuai can't heppen cuz he's 2 young u pervs!!!"
---
I'm a demented fangirl who doesn't care about anything but satisfying my own gluttony.
#28Celes--CherePosted 1/6/2013 2:27:55 PM
Noel's a two-timer?!
---
Holy_Banisher
#29ExtremeLightPosted 1/6/2013 2:37:14 PM
Wow. I really think SerahxNoel didn't even play the second game.
Whatever happen to Noel finding "his Yuel". It is very obvious that Noel want to be with Yuel, and Serah want to be with Snow (as reinforce repeatly throughout 13-2). Sazh will be happy with his son and Fang and Vanille would be safe with each other. That leave Hope and Lightning. Now I'm not saying it should happen, but it would make it more interesting. Like what Hope is like 20 and Lightning is 25.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#30mahroflcopterPosted 1/6/2013 2:41:52 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
I can't see why people like it. Sure, they interact and stuff, but I don't feel any chemistry or personality in the relationship. Just the two talking, agreeing on something, maybe making fun of Mog before heading off on their next adventure. I know they care about eac hother, but that's just a conclusion I had to make by myself and not because the game showed me.

That's actually my main problem with XIII-2, really. A lack of chemistry between characters, and their own development. From what I saw of Serah in XIII she was a bit bratty and pouty, but she showed conviction in her feelings and in her love for Snow. Once XIII-2 comes around, when she's not colourless she's utterly neurotic, I can't think of any scene where her character shines. You could mention the Sunleth Waterscape 400AF and a few Live Triggers, but they make her look more out of character than anything.

That's why I find the pairing of Noel and Serah uninteresting compared to Snow and Serah, and I'm sure many other people feel the same. IMO, those who do support the pairing only say so because Noel's young and attractive compared to the rough and burly Snow, who is such a sweetheart that I'd hate to see the look on his face when he walks in on his fiancee and the last of humanity procreating.

I'm not saying the chemistry between Serah and Noel was anything to write home about... but to me, it was at least less immature and annoying most of the time. Your right about Serah being bratty and pouty. Add that with Snow's utterly insane mantra spouting, his desperation to convince everyone he is a hero rather than actually getting down to business and being one, brainless charges, and general numbskullery and I was literally groaning every time I knew a cutscene with Serah and Snow was coming up. I actually kinda like Snow since, as you said, he really is a sweet heart and it is honestly believable that Snow would literally give you the shirt off his back if it would help you... but add his annoying tendencies with Serah's bratty, pouty, immaturity and I can't help but groan. And again, with the way the story is told, by the time you see enough of the two together, it all seems like an ill-conceived, sappy, and terribly written love story (at least to me). Add Episode 1 to the mix and it all seems like a "Love at first site" story mixed with a hastily put together "forbidden love" story on top of a "doomed love" story. Not my cup of tea.

And yes, I agree... Serah having an entire game to develop her character didn't help her in the least.
---