Chances of Caius Playing a Major Role in This Game?

#1HeyItsZantPosted 1/6/2013 12:41:11 PM
Chances of Caius Playing a Major Role in This Game? - Results (52 votes)
0%
15.38% (8 votes)
10%
7.69% (4 votes)
20%
9.62% (5 votes)
30%
5.77% (3 votes)
40%
3.85% (2 votes)
50%
9.62% (5 votes)
60%
5.77% (3 votes)
70%
11.54% (6 votes)
80-90%
9.62% (5 votes)
100%
21.15% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
---
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
#2BlueDragmirePosted 1/6/2013 12:53:36 PM
Approximately 0 to 0.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
#3Elice_CarolPosted 1/6/2013 12:56:31 PM
^
That's bollocks and you know it.

As it stands, Caius is probably the only one (other than maybe Hope) who knows what's going on in the world right about now, and if it means Yeul's life is on the line then he may attempt to help Lightning with saving the world. Curiously, as Lightning's "fated rival", if she serves Bhunivelze would that mean that Caius serves Mwynn?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#4InnerscopePosted 1/6/2013 12:58:14 PM
What? Is the 80 and 90 too unimportant to not have their own slot? huh? huuh? HUUUUH?!
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#5BlueDragmirePosted 1/6/2013 12:58:50 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
^
That's bollocks and you know it.

As it stands, Caius is probably the only one (other than maybe Hope) who knows what's going on in the world right about now, and if it means Yeul's life is on the line then he may attempt to help Lightning with saving the world. Curiously, as Lightning's "fated rival", if she serves Bhunivelze would that mean that Caius serves Mwynn?

You're making assumptions:

1) Anything that happened in FFXIII-2 matters

2) There is any kind of consistency to this story

3) Toriyama cares about anything

4) That SE doesn't have hundreds of artists, character designers, and plot guys who come up with hundreds of ideas for every game. With that massive glut of talent, they have to shove ten million ideas into every title. So why use Caius, that old villain design, when they have six hundred billion villains in waiting?

5) This story is good.

If Caius shows up at all, he'll be a DLC cameo.
---
#6theofficefan99Posted 1/6/2013 1:00:24 PM
There's a pretty high chance that he'll be important in this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was barely part of it, either, since this trilogy is such an inconsistent mess, anyways.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7dils-dPosted 1/6/2013 1:02:45 PM
I don't know why, but I kind of don't want to see him in this game. He had all the cheesy lines.
Yeul is fine though.
---
http://tinyurl.com/hawwwtness
*totally manly sighs*
#8Elice_CarolPosted 1/6/2013 1:03:23 PM
1. Obviously it matters.

2. Depends on what you mean by consistency, but I've been able to follow the plot perfectly.

3. The lovely Toriyama cares about making the lovely Lightning happy. He just needs to break her beautifully.

4. Toriyama likes Leon and Kain.

5. If the story was bad, I wouldn't waste time making theories about BH Yeul.

Who the hell do you take me for, you wannabe comedian? Take your searing sarcasm elsewhere, TC obviously wanted a serious answer and you're exactly the type of person we don't need on the board.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#9HeyItsZant(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 1:05:03 PM
Innerscope posted...
What? Is the 80 and 90 too unimportant to not have their own slot? huh? huuh? HUUUUH?!

Only 10 slots available.

First world problems.
---
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
#10BlueDragmirePosted 1/6/2013 1:08:05 PM
I am actually being massively serious right now. I know it sounds endlessly stupid for Caius, the main villain of the last game, with so much build up as Lightning's rival, and still the main threat running around to not show up. Who would completely ignore such a massive open plot point to create an entirely new storyline involving new villains that might have at best a tangential relation to the Caius situation?

Toriyama would.

Hey, I know if I were writing this story I'd make Caius a huge feature. I wouldn't make him the main threat of this game, he'd turn out to be the servant for Chaos or something. But I'm not writing this story. Considering all the nonsense that FFXIII had been so far, as they jump between completely different stories and ignore previous villains, everything I see points to Caius not being involved in this game.

Just in case you still have doubts: where did all the fal'cie go in FFXIII-2? There were still a lot of them running around even after Orphan and the Space Pope were dead. None of them came back.
---