look at what i have

#311Destroyer_MagePosted 1/21/2013 2:07:54 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...
MalakTawus posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
"She did not have a brand, but she could use magic. Maybe this phenomenon was to be attributed to Valhalla. For it was always this reason she was confronted with strange happenings (?). She felt that this was the most valid interpretation."

We already know that it is because of Chaos that humans develop the ability to use magic without being a L'cie. We also know that Lightning was swallowed up in a sea of Chaos. However, the fact that she is already able to go toe-to-toe with an Eidolon is rather impressive. So perhaps the reason that Lightning doesn't have the Gunblade she received from Etro; command over Eidolons; monster control; etc. yet is still able to cast magic in LR is because Lightning already had quite powerful abilities before taking Etro's power.

Whatever the case... I'm still miffed that this will likely never get an official release and was left out of the game in the first place.

I'm a bit sad that Lightning won't use anymore a gunblade (unless there will be some surprise later in the game), but tbh it makes sense more or less.
As a normal warrior the gunblade allows her to use both close combat and long distance combat, but if she is able to cast crazy powerful spells than the long distance combat given by the gun is not that important anymore.
....but tbh i still hope there will be a gunblade later in the game (with special gunblade abilities to buy) since it's one of her distinctive characteristics.

Yeah,its her iconic weapon so she should get at least one in the game.I also hope we get her XIII and XIII-2 outfits in this game.The Valkyrie outfit is most likely since she awakes from her crystal slumber in that outfit so it should be the first outfit we use in the game.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to use her 2 old outfits since it would be quite dumb not including them in a game where changing costumes is a key factor in the battle settings.
I mean, they have already 2 costumes done so i don't see a single reason for not using them.
......but personally i'm not so sure that we'll use the Valkyrie outfit in the beginnig (imo it would be too overpowered, at least it gives me that feeling) since it's possible that in the intro of the game Bhuni will give her the default costume that we have seen so we'll have to wait later for her to return using the Valkyrie one, at least that's my personal speculation.

Her Valkyrie Outfit will probably only be used for the first 10 minutes of this game before Bhunivelze recruits her and gives her the new outfit.Hopefully we'll unlock her Valkerie and Psycom outfit by end/post game and we don't have a repeat of XIII-2 where Serahs XIII outfit was on disc and used for a small section of the game ,yet we couldn't use it like the DLC outfits (and it was on the damn disc).
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)
#312mahroflcopterPosted 1/21/2013 2:15:40 AM
Destroyer_Mage posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...
MalakTawus posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
"She did not have a brand, but she could use magic. Maybe this phenomenon was to be attributed to Valhalla. For it was always this reason she was confronted with strange happenings (?). She felt that this was the most valid interpretation."

We already know that it is because of Chaos that humans develop the ability to use magic without being a L'cie. We also know that Lightning was swallowed up in a sea of Chaos. However, the fact that she is already able to go toe-to-toe with an Eidolon is rather impressive. So perhaps the reason that Lightning doesn't have the Gunblade she received from Etro; command over Eidolons; monster control; etc. yet is still able to cast magic in LR is because Lightning already had quite powerful abilities before taking Etro's power.

Whatever the case... I'm still miffed that this will likely never get an official release and was left out of the game in the first place.

I'm a bit sad that Lightning won't use anymore a gunblade (unless there will be some surprise later in the game), but tbh it makes sense more or less.
As a normal warrior the gunblade allows her to use both close combat and long distance combat, but if she is able to cast crazy powerful spells than the long distance combat given by the gun is not that important anymore.
....but tbh i still hope there will be a gunblade later in the game (with special gunblade abilities to buy) since it's one of her distinctive characteristics.

Yeah,its her iconic weapon so she should get at least one in the game.I also hope we get her XIII and XIII-2 outfits in this game.The Valkyrie outfit is most likely since she awakes from her crystal slumber in that outfit so it should be the first outfit we use in the game.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to use her 2 old outfits since it would be quite dumb not including them in a game where changing costumes is a key factor in the battle settings.

I mean, they have already 2 costumes done so i don't see a single reason for not using them.
......but personally i'm not so sure that we'll use the Valkyrie outfit in the beginnig (imo it would be too overpowered, at least it gives me that feeling) since it's possible that in the intro of the game Bhuni will give her the default costume that we have seen so we'll have to wait later for her to return using the Valkyrie one, at least that's my personal speculation.

Her Valkyrie Outfit will probably only be used for the first 10 minutes of this game before Bhunivelze recruits her and gives her the new outfit.Hopefully we'll unlock her Valkerie and Psycom outfit by end/post game and we don't have a repeat of XIII-2 where Serahs XIII outfit was on disc and used for a small section of the game ,yet we couldn't use it like the DLC outfits (and it was on the damn disc).

She was Guardian Corp... not Psicom. And she a custom outfit, not the regular one. Just thought I'd point that out.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#313Destroyer_MagePosted 1/21/2013 3:37:28 AM
Lol my bad O_O

*hides at the fear of being shunned by my peers*
---
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)
#314Destroyer_MagePosted 1/21/2013 7:21:15 AM
Bump!!!
---
#315HakurouPosted 1/21/2013 7:21:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#316HakurouPosted 1/21/2013 7:24:17 AM
pg 36

"So we can clearly see what's in the other's head. Not sure if that's beneficial or detrimental."

She narrowly dodged Odin's counterattack by a paper-thin margin and gave a wry smile. She thought that it was good that there were no other people here. She could sort of handle understanding the thoughts of an Eidolon, but she thought that it'd be uncomfortable if she fought another human because they would completely understand each other. She had given this thought, and then suddenly thought: Was the rule "the weak serve the strong" brought into existence because fighting is the only way to communicate in Valhalla?" To judge who's the strongest, you have to fight as soon as you meet. If you fight, you both can learn many things in an instant. Or, it could be the opposite. The Goddess could have established this rule beforehand and thought that there was no meaning in making them just fight so she made fights in Valhalla tantamount to conversation. Nothing happened when I met the moogle because a forehead poke isn't really considered much of a fight. Or maybe it's just preferred by those who can communicate with words? No, maybe fighting to communicate is only limited Odin's species.

Her ever-flowing deluge of thoughts was once again cut short. Odin blocked Lightning's attack with his sword. Maybe it was because it was proportionate to the impact, or just chance, but this time she felt much more information. She learned that not only Odin existed in Valhalla but Shiva and Hecatoncheir among other Eidolons were here as well. Furthermore, "on the other side" where l'Cie become extremely agitated or despair, their lamentations are sent to the Goddess. The Goddess opens a gate in correspondence to their desires and dispatches an Eidolon. It is never to put a l'Cie out of his/her misery; it was to aid them. In the viewpoint of the Goddess, it was pure good intention and favor. It appears the Goddess isn't privy to the stress l'Cie endure to bend the Eidolons to their will. Or, maybe she does and so she's sending them anyway? So as to say, "If you are a l'Cie, overcome this tribulation." As a matter of fact, the self-confidence that Lightning had acquired Odin was supporting her currently. She had won once, so she would not lose this time although she had had friends by her side at that time, she was alone now. When she came to, the fight was over. The silver knight that lay before her eyes was hanging his head while on bent knee. She gently felt his thought: "Yes." (The word used here means compliance or agreement) She had once again acquired the capability to use Odin.

"I know about Valhalla and Etro. I just want to know how to return home. To the world in which my family and friends are waiting."

Odin nodded showing that he understood already. It was true. Just as Lightning had gained information from Odin, Odin had taken in Lightning's memories and thoughts. Suddenly, Odin's features began to tremble and the silver knight turned into a brilliant white steed and stood beside Lightning.

EDIT: Fixed typo
#317HeyItsZantPosted 1/21/2013 7:36:48 AM
I like how it's focused a lot on Odin.
---
Click This Link For a Moment of Epicness:
http://tinyurl.com/9wap6t4 (Works every time!)
#318HakurouPosted 1/21/2013 8:29:43 AM
pg 38

She jumped onto his back without hesitation. It was as if he said "Let us ride." Maybe because it was because she had gone done this so many times in battle, but she understood his intention. As she mounted and turned around, the moogle came from a place not too far and looked up at Lightning with anxiety in his eyes. He had done nothing but devote himself to following Lightning's order back at the place where she told him to "get back." The battle was already over long ago, but he thought, so long as she didn't say he could move, he should not move from that spot. When Lightning called "Come on" did he come flying jubilantly. It appeared his wounds had healed a bit and his useless swaying wings were now beating busily. It was miraculous living creatures other than humans could heal so fast.

"Can you come?"

"Of course, kupo!"

The fog had cleared suddenly. Although she had thought she was walking earnestly she had not come that far from the shore. It was still very far from the ruins. Odin set his sights on there and dashed in a straight line. It was as Lightning thought: that was the shrine that the Goddess Etro inhabited. The dashing Odin did not decrease his speed but the moogle kept up. He could fly for an unexpectedly long amount of time. And not only that but it seems like he has the power to sense monsters from far away. He informed her of each one of them while flying next to Odin.

"A strong one just ran away, kupo. A very strong one just stopped to survey the area, kupo. There's a not so strong one on the right..."

It appears he's upholding Lightning's command back when she encountered Odin to "speak up a little faster." His clumsy integrity was cute and adorable.

"Okay, just tell me when the very strong one comes close. The others don't matter."

"Are you going to fight the ones other than the strong one, kupo?"

"That's the rule here isn't it? We'll uphold it as much as we can."

She learned that she can use magic just like when she was a l'Cie and fighting in Valhalla also means gaining information. This is what she thought. "That will not be necessary," replied Odin's "voice." "The beings around the shrine are all my subordinates." It seems as if they obey Odin they would obey Lightning similarly.

"Does that mean that all of the monsters around here are servants of Lightning-sama, kupo?"

"It seems like it."

"Then this weird presence too it... kupo???"

The moogle looked around as if he were perplexed.

"What's wrong?"

Lightning also took part in looking around. Then she caught her breath. Something was coming.
#319Elice_CarolPosted 1/21/2013 8:33:38 AM
I'm happy that we're seeing more of Odin and how he came back under Lightning's command, actually. The whole "weak serve the strong" thing's also pretty coolio, I wonder if we'll see Valfodr?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#320Destroyer_MagePosted 1/21/2013 9:18:25 AM
I'm loving these translations :D
Wish they were part of the actual game though, but wotevs.
Thanks for the great work!
---