FFX HD and Versus XIII more wanted than LR in Japan

#101DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/14/2013 10:29:14 AM
Romangelo posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
badboy posted...
According to the haters, "nobody" cares about this game, but it's the 16th most wanted game in Japan. LOL

Most FF fans who hopped aboard forever ago don't want LR (and didn't want the abysmal game that was 13-2) instead of Versus/10HD/15.

I want them all cuz I'm a true fan.

you're not.

and those whiners are not.

Yes I know, anyone that doesn't love everything about the 13 saga is not a true fan.

are you serious?
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#102justdontaskPosted 1/14/2013 10:29:57 AM
Drgonbxcross posted...
MalakTawus posted...

FFXIII have a great score on Metacritics despite tons of people giving absurdly low scores

Most fans of any game don't give a damn about metacritics, just because it has a high score doesn't mean it's good and likewise the opposite is also true.

MalakTawus posted...

So in conclusion (following your logic), FFXIII is a great game that a few people complain about like losers.

God I love XIII haters, you people are hilarious.

13 took FF in a different direction than past games, it alienated a lot of fans that were regulars to the series, I get that you looooooove it, but at least try to understand the opposing side (even if their arguments are poor).

good point! and now those alienated fans want FF to go the way of CoD... they want the old gameplay, the old story, the old characters, and better graphics... logic escapes this place i swear... FF fans* are scared of changing the series, CoD haters* laugh because it doesnt change... so what makes a good game? every series must end now, and there can be no more sequels? a game can be a carbon copy of another if it has its own title?

*can be considered synonyms
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#103DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/14/2013 10:45:07 AM(edited)
justdontask posted...

good point! and now those alienated fans want FF to go the way of CoD... they want the old gameplay, the old story, the old characters, and better graphics... logic escapes this place i swear... FF fans* are scared of changing the series, CoD haters* laugh because it doesnt change... so what makes a good game? every series must end now, and there can be no more sequels? a game can be a carbon copy of another if it has its own title?

*can be considered synonyms

You're being overdramatic with the Call Of Duty comparison and you know it.

First off, I wasn't aware FF fans were scared of change, especially considering how much it changed from 1 -7. They aren't scared of change, they're skeptical of the change that's occurring. In 13's case it's just a bunch of fans disliking the direction the series took and a bunch of fans defending the 13 series to death for the direction it did take.

Secondly, no one said anything bad about the fact that there were sequels (okay, some people but those people were in the minority). Sequels are fine, sequels are fresh. But again, considering 13 tried to be so different most people weren't up to playing a sequel of it and I can only assume square did it because they knew how put off their fan base was for 13. It's perfectly understandable why people don't want LR, because again it's trying to take the series in a different direction (Drastically to, because it's almost a complete genre change).

Stop pretending that you don't know why a lot of fans want a different direction then the way 13 is going. It's not because they are afraid of change, they want something different.
---
#104MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 10:52:14 AM
Drgonbxcross posted...
MalakTawus posted...

FFXIII have a great score on Metacritics despite tons of people giving absurdly low scores

Most fans of any game don't give a damn about metacritics, just because it has a high score doesn't mean it's good and likewise the opposite is also true.

MalakTawus posted...

So in conclusion (following your logic), FFXIII is a great game that a few people complain about like losers.

13 took FF in a different direction then past games, it alienated a lot of fans that were regulars to the series, I get that you looooooove it, but at least try to understand the opposing side (even if their arguments are retarded).

Ehm, it seems you completely missed my point,lol.
I know very well that a score on metacritics doesn't prove anything, i was just using his own logic against himself since it's quite obvious that like metacritics proves nothing on the general fanbase, the same is valid even for this Famitsu list, actually this list is even more shady and less reliable tbh.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#105DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/14/2013 10:57:09 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Drgonbxcross posted...
MalakTawus posted...

MalakTawus posted...

13 took FF in a different direction then past games, it alienated a lot of fans that were regulars to the series, I get that you looooooove it, but at least try to understand the opposing side (even if their arguments are retarded).

Ehm, it seems you completely missed my point,lol.
I know very well that a score on metacritics doesn't prove anything, i was just using his own logic against himself since it's quite obvious that like metacritics proves nothing on the general fanbase, the same is valid even for this Famitsu list, actually this list is even more shady and less reliable tbh.

Oh, well in that case I completely agree. It's incomplete data anyways.
---
#106Nuck-chorrisPosted 1/14/2013 11:03:31 AM
Toriyama isnt as good as people say he is.
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me.
#107DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/14/2013 11:05:27 AM
Nuck-chorris posted...
Toriyama isnt as good as people say he is.

That's only part of the problem.

Even Uemetsu is gone now. Sadface.
---
#108MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 11:09:00 AM
Stop pretending that you don't know why a lot of fans want a different direction then the way 13 is going. It's not because they are afraid of change, they want something different.

True, but you should also stop pretending to not understand that no matter what direction FF will take from now on there will ALWAYS be a vocal group of complainers that will talk sh*t about the direction taken and that happens because the fanbase for FF is composed by tons of people that have a VERY DIFFERENT opinion about what should be the "right direction" for FF.
FF fanbase is not as uniform as for example (it's JUST an example,don't read too much in it) COD fanbase......

The truth is that FF has became too popular for a jrpg and with internet this developed it's impossible for FF to avoid haters that complain no-stop.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10900Bubbles00Posted 1/14/2013 11:17:48 AM
No Blazblue Chrono Phantasma on the list? booo...
#110MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 11:19:27 AM
Anyway i need to do a precisation: in my previus post i talked about "haters" that complain non-stop, but that was my mistake.

Even if it's 100% true that there people that are really FF haters and that complain regardless of the direction taken by FF, it's also true that there are simply FF fans that genuinely would like FF to take a different direction.
Even if i can understand why these fans may be disappointed, what i was trying to say in my previous post is simply that there will always be people that will be disappointed depending on the direction taken.

With this i'm not saying that the disappointment it's ONLY a matter of "direction taken", it's true that there are also other factors to consider and that SE can do better in the next games, but at least SE is trying to actually do something new (even if just a little) in her serie, and imo that's something positive in itself.
---