FFX HD and Versus XIII more wanted than LR in Japan

#131drsw36Posted 1/14/2013 11:58:18 AM
kirusu posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...
trolls, keep crying, your tears are delicious... there are more hate topics on this board than there are good ones, so whose REALLY crying here? i know im not, i cant wait for this game, while you all cry that a game you dont want is being made... i think we get your point, you have nothing to do with your free time except cry about a game being made...

This. Most haters here are fans of Versus or Type-0. They're so mad that we FF13 fans got 3 games and Versus fans got 0 games and Type-0 fans got no U.S. release for their game.

So they take it out on us with their trolling. Cry moar.

i love these typical fanboy comments

Truth hurts.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#132kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:59:50 AM
sythierius posted...
Fake list, no pokemon.

That was announced after this list was made.
#133EminentFatePosted 1/14/2013 12:11:58 PM
GTA is popular in Japan?

Huh.

Had no idea.
---
Every time you make a Gabe Newell fat joke, he delays Half Life 2: Episode 3 an extra month.
#134chocolatesodaPosted 1/14/2013 12:40:02 PM
This is the same Famitsu that gave XIII a 39/40, you know...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#135MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 12:42:07 PM
@Drgonbxcross

With all due respect i completely disagree with what you said (in the post where you quoted me), but whatever, different people, different opinions.
You say "Blame here and blame there", but i actually like FFXIII saga, so i have absolutely no problem with it.
What for some people is a wrong change for FF, for others is instead something great.
You are just unlucky to belong to the first group,simple as that.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#136kirusuPosted 1/14/2013 12:45:37 PM
drsw36 posted...
kirusu posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...
trolls, keep crying, your tears are delicious... there are more hate topics on this board than there are good ones, so whose REALLY crying here? i know im not, i cant wait for this game, while you all cry that a game you dont want is being made... i think we get your point, you have nothing to do with your free time except cry about a game being made...

This. Most haters here are fans of Versus or Type-0. They're so mad that we FF13 fans got 3 games and Versus fans got 0 games and Type-0 fans got no U.S. release for their game.

Truth hurts.

what truth?
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#137Val1008Posted 1/14/2013 12:46:46 PM
kirusu posted...
drsw36 posted...
kirusu posted...
drsw36 posted...
justdontask posted...

Truth hurts.

what truth?

That fanboys cant say anything bad about Lightning.
#138DrgonbxcrossPosted 1/14/2013 12:55:42 PM
MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

With all due respect i completely disagree with what you said (in the post where you quoted me), but whatever, different people, different opinions.

I never said you were wrong for liking the 13 saga, simply realize and understand that both sides are have completely justified reason for their opinion and neither way is the right way to go.

MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross
You say "Blame here and blame there", but i actually like FFXIII saga, so i have absolutely no problem with it.

You didn't understand what I was saying I'm assuming, I said blame square enix for the rift between fans right now. It has nothing to do with just you liking it.
MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

What for some people is a wrong change for FF, for others is instead something great.

There's no reason you can't appease both sides in moving forward. Square just wants to do what they want instead of asking the fans (even a little), They previously apologized for the way they handled 13 and still went on to develop 13-2 (while they cleaned up the ATB system a little bit it was far from perfect) Nomura plays a big part in this.

MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

I never said I hated the 13 saga. But if you really should know, 13 was pretty alright, not a huge letdown but they could have done a lot better. 13-2 though, is completely poorly done story wise and made the plot unnecessarily convoluted.

But whatever, to each his own.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#139SyserinPosted 1/14/2013 1:21:03 PM
Drgonbxcross posted...
MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

I never said you were wrong for liking the 13 saga, simply realize and understand that both sides are have completely justified reason for their opinion and neither way is the right way to go.

MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

You didn't understand what I was saying I'm assuming, I said blame square enix for the rift between fans right now. It has nothing to do with just you liking it.
MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

There's no reason you can't appease both sides in moving forward. Square just wants to do what they want instead of asking the fans (even a little), They previously apologized for the way they handled 13 and still went on to develop 13-2 (while they cleaned up the ATB system a little bit it was far from perfect) Nomura plays a big part in this.

MalakTawus posted...
@Drgonbxcross

I never said I hated the 13 saga. But if you really should know, 13 was pretty alright, not a huge letdown but they could have done a lot better. 13-2 though, is completely poorly done story wise and made the plot unnecessarily convoluted.

But whatever, to each his own.

I agree. The original 13, for as bad as it was was still the best out of this current story. Most people cried because the story was too linear. Square Enix tried to correct that with 13-2 but honestly dropped the ball - the story was a utter mess and gameplay didn't improve hardly any. With how they ended 13 their sohuld never of been sequels to begin with. I've talked to multiple people about this story and the sequels that have said the story of 13 was alright. After 13-2 they said they aren't touching another Final Fantasy. If anything 13-2 started to sink the nail into the coffin, and i wouldn't be surprised if 13-3 finishes it.
#140MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 1:26:57 PM
@Drgonbxcross

I guess i misunderstood you.

But i still don't agree that SE can easily appeal the FF fanbase anyway.
Thinking like tht imo is way too naive especially since some positions are way too different (for not saying that they are completely opposite).
For example a lot of fans want the main saga to continue to be very similar to the "old-school Final Fantasy", while a lot of others absolutely think that that idea is lame.
Is it possible to unite these two positions? The answer is only one: NO.
And this was just an example.

You say that the problem to keep the fanbase united is something that all the games have, but even that is not really true.
It's actually very rare to see a fanbase as divided as FF, and the reason is simple: FF is the ONLY huge jrpg serie that actually try to bring innovation (at least since technology allows to do something different than the old formula), at least much more than any other:

Persona games (or SMT in general) change this much? No.
Pokemon? No comment
monster hunter? .....................
Dragon quest? Nope
Star Ocean? No
..........................the list would be quite long..........................

A serie that changes so much is a serie that knows that it's impossible to avoid huge complaints since no mater what direction you chose, there will always be a lot of other fans that wanted something different.

Anyway, i prefer by far a serie like FF that always try to do something new compared to series that use basically the exact same structure over and over.

.....and before someone misunderstand what i'm saying, it's not that i don't like old school jrpgs, on the contrary i love them (and BD is a clear example), it's just that i belive that the old formula is been used way too much and with the potential of the current technology i think even jrpgs should speriment different directions and maybe return to the "old school" once in a while, this way even the old school titles would feel "fresh".
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."