FFX HD and Versus XIII more wanted than LR in Japan

#41DragoonGriffithPosted 1/14/2013 7:58:50 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
Can that be indicative of the waning faith Japanese gamers have in Square Enix?

Maybe in SE as a developer, but certainly not as a publisher considering DQVII remake for the 3DS is 2nd place on that list.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#42HeyItsZantPosted 1/14/2013 7:58:57 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
Meh, all three Final Fantasy games are basically around the same rank. Without seeing the actual numbers, I'm going to call that a wash.

I'm more surprised that none of those games are even in the top 10. Can that be indicative of the waning faith Japanese gamers have in Square Enix?

All the "faith" will come back once the games are released.
---
A wise man once said, "Never express your opinion on Gamefaqs".
#43MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 7:59:23 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
And that list is supposed to be belivable?
And FFX more wanted than Versus? Ok.......

Japan loves their re-releases it seems.

Yup, probably the fact that they already know what to aspect is something that is valued very well in Japan.
They know what to aspect from FFX (and the same is valid also for other games like MH4, SMTIV, Mario games.......), and since they loved the game they highly anticipate it.

LR instead is clearly trying something different so it's no wonder that the fans are not 100% sure about it.
.....not to mention that the fanbase is divided about the first two titles in Lightning's saga, so it's quite normal that there is even more uncertainty about it.

LR is the 3rd game in the FF13 series, we know what to expect. A mediocre RPG and a terrible FF

Actually LR will have a game structure very different than any past FF, so no one at this point know exactly how the game will be.
Also FFXIII is considered by tons of people a great game, you talk as if everyone hates it, and that's BS.
Even on Metacritics, despite and considering tons of people giving the previous games absurdly low scores they still obtained a very good result......

You haters have to face reality, there are tons of people that like FFXIII saga. No one is forcing you to buy FF games if you don't want to , just play something else.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#44retep_onePosted 1/14/2013 8:00:45 AM
yeah of course people would want those games more. esp how memorable FFX has turned out gamers would really want a remake. plus i dont think most gamers even wanted 2 sequels for FFXIII
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#45FreakonaIeashPosted 1/14/2013 8:02:23 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
ARsignal11 posted...
Meh, all three Final Fantasy games are basically around the same rank. Without seeing the actual numbers, I'm going to call that a wash.

I'm more surprised that none of those games are even in the top 10. Can that be indicative of the waning faith Japanese gamers have in Square Enix?

You really think Lightning Returns will give the faith back to people?

Cause I don't think XHD and Versus will be released in this century.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#46HeyItsZantPosted 1/14/2013 8:03:46 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
ARsignal11 posted...

Yes. It's Japan. They idolize Lightning.
---
#47FreakonaIeashPosted 1/14/2013 8:04:49 AM
HeyItsZant posted...
FreakonaIeash posted...
HeyItsZant posted...
ARsignal11 posted...

Yes. It's Japan. They idolize Lightning.

If the last two games about Lightning took their faith, a third game about Lightning will return it?

I see a fallacy.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#48MalakTawusPosted 1/14/2013 8:09:56 AM
Anyway it's not so strange imo that people highly anticipate FFX HD, they already know the game and they already know that they love it. Being surprised but that result is like being surprised that FFX is very loved in Japan, there is seriously someone that didn't know that yet?
For example if SE announced the remake for FFVII,almost surely that would easily destroy any other contender in that list (yes, even FFX HD, and by far), so what?
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#49HeyItsZantPosted 1/14/2013 8:10:01 AM
FreakonaIeash posted...
If the last two games about Lightning took their faith, a third game about Lightning will return it?

I see a fallacy.

You can speak on behalf of an entire country?

I see a fallacy.
---
#50hyjinx17Posted 1/14/2013 8:11:52 AM
MalakTawus posted...
hyjinx17 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
kupo1705 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
And that list is supposed to be belivable?
And FFX more wanted than Versus? Ok.......

Japan loves their re-releases it seems.

Yup, probably the fact that they already know what to aspect is something that is valued very well in Japan.
They know what to aspect from FFX (and the same is valid also for other games like MH4, SMTIV, Mario games.......), and since they loved the game they highly anticipate it.

LR instead is clearly trying something different so it's no wonder that the fans are not 100% sure about it.
.....not to mention that the fanbase is divided about the first two titles in Lightning's saga, so it's quite normal that there is even more uncertainty about it.

LR is the 3rd game in the FF13 series, we know what to expect. A mediocre RPG and a terrible FF

Actually LR will have a game structure very different than any past FF, so no one at this point know exactly how the game will be.
Also FFXIII is considered by tons of people a great game, you talk as if everyone hates it, and that's BS.
Even on Metacritics, despite and considering tons of people giving the previous games absurdly low scores they still obtained a very good result......

You haters have to face reality, there are tons of people that like FFXIII saga. No one is forcing you to buy FF games if you don't want to , just play something else.

I know full well a lot of peope like it, but that means next to nothing to me when I believe atleast 90% of the human population is stupid.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.