Square Enix teasing Final Fantasy V and VI reveals!!!!!

#11kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 2:19:00 AM
fanofff6 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
iOS ports, nothing to see here.

Not necessarily ports. Obviously it's coming to IOS, but these might be actual remakes. Looking at the sprite silhouettes, none of the four match FFV/VI character sprites. They sort of look like Locke or Bartz, but no precise matches like the FFVI behemoth outlines on the left side. That suggests new character sprites (and thus, new graphics + actual remake).

The other feasible option is this is a FF social game spinoff. That would suck. But a straight port seems unlikely given the teaser sprites.

It's going to be garbage either way.
#12fanofff6(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:25:28 AM
kupo1705 posted...
fanofff6 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Not necessarily ports. Obviously it's coming to IOS, but these might be actual remakes. Looking at the sprite silhouettes, none of the four match FFV/VI character sprites. They sort of look like Locke or Bartz, but no precise matches like the FFVI behemoth outlines on the left side. That suggests new character sprites (and thus, new graphics + actual remake).

The other feasible option is this is a FF social game spinoff. That would suck. But a straight port seems unlikely given the teaser sprites.

How are remakes of V and VI garbage? Say what you will about Square Enix's recent outings, but they have a pretty good track record with their NES/SNES remakes.
#13kupo1705Posted 1/15/2013 2:26:47 AM
fanofff6 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
fanofff6 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

How are remakes of V and VI garbage? Say what you will about Square Enix's recent outings, but they have a pretty good track record with their NES/SNES remakes.

There is exactly 1.94% chance it will be good.
Trust me, I've calculated it using scientific evidence.
#14RomangeloPosted 1/15/2013 2:30:10 AM
screw mobiles.

why don't port them to PS3 ??? the PSOne Classics versions are unplayable.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#15RomangeloPosted 1/15/2013 2:30:43 AM
LolOkay posted...
Eww FFV.

go back to Persona boards.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#16dils-dPosted 1/15/2013 2:35:22 AM
Revealed on my birthday. Lovely.
---
Though I may look the same way to you
Underneath there is somebody new
#17Moeman_Posted 1/15/2013 2:54:35 AM
This is pretty exciting news. New FFs are always good. Truth be told I've wanted to play Final Fantasy Dimensions for a while, but I don't have the necessary means to.

dils-d posted...
Revealed on my birthday. Lovely.

Happy birthday to my fellow Basch-loving friend!
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.
#18TehAssasinPosted 1/15/2013 3:10:35 AM
If it's a full-fledged FFV and/or FFVI remake like the one being made for DQVII for 3DS, I will be extremely happy.

Otherwise? IDGAF.
#19SlimeStackPosted 1/15/2013 3:16:21 AM
The mobile platform is honestly fine for me. I just wish they would give Android as much love as they give iOS. I'd rather have a decent touch device than be forced to overpay for Apple's crap. <.<
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
Currently banned from: complaining about IVs
#20hambaconeggPosted 1/15/2013 3:42:45 AM
FFV/FFVI Xover. Social game.