Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#11MysteryVeilPosted 1/16/2013 4:38:21 PM
Na.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#12Kagayaku08Posted 1/16/2013 4:39:20 PM
not a old vs new problem.

many of us here "defending" have played the games from the beginning or at least since the early 90's.

I started with Mystic Quest like in 93, 94 or so. Played 6,7,8, origins (1&2), tactics,10, 10-2,12, 13, 13-2

and many other sequels/prequels. I just cannot bring myself to be like the crowds here.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#13ExentrykPosted 1/16/2013 4:40:24 PM
To be fair, SE is still releasing new sprite based games (FF dimensions, FFATB) to keep the older fans happy. Since the older fans are most likely working, and have busy lives, SE release these games on mobiles.

Yeah? Mind = Blown?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#14tatesauPosted 1/16/2013 4:40:58 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
I mean obviously FF is not for us old FF fans anymore, just like the new RE fans are the ones that matters to Cashcom/Scamcom/Crapcom and the original fans are threated like crap.

I feel that FF is not for us anymore, our last FF game was FFX so we might as well forget about the HD release and SE seems to dont care to release it to us but FFXIII fans seems to be getting a nice threatment from SE.

Let us play old FF games as i dont see SE caring for us anymore.

If you are an old FF fan and enjoy XIII then good for you i suppose you can maintain SE as your favorite company but i cant say the same.

PS: if this seem like trolling then is my fault for not wording this better.

You can move on if you do not like the series. If you were trully a fan, tou would appreciate that each one is a step forward in a new artform. When you see the earlier games you can trully appreciate the newer and as they have evolved.
#15BlueDragmirePosted 1/16/2013 4:41:06 PM
Exentryk posted...
To be fair, SE is still releasing new sprite based games (FF dimensions, FFATB) to keep the older fans happy. Since the older fans are most likely working, and have busy lives, SE release these games on mobiles.

Yeah? Mind = Blown?

They hate me so much, don't they?
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#16zodiac_swordPosted 1/16/2013 4:44:03 PM
Exentryk posted...

Yeah? Mind = Blown?

1. We're not demanding sprite based games from them.
2. FFATB making people happy? put down the drugs, NOW.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#17kratoscar2008(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 4:48:43 PM
tatesau posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
I mean obviously FF is not for us old FF fans anymore, just like the new RE fans are the ones that matters to Cashcom/Scamcom/Crapcom and the original fans are threated like crap.

I feel that FF is not for us anymore, our last FF game was FFX so we might as well forget about the HD release and SE seems to dont care to release it to us but FFXIII fans seems to be getting a nice threatment from SE.

Let us play old FF games as i dont see SE caring for us anymore.

If you are an old FF fan and enjoy XIII then good for you i suppose you can maintain SE as your favorite company but i cant say the same.

PS: if this seem like trolling then is my fault for not wording this better.

You can move on if you do not like the series. If you were trully a fan, tou would appreciate that each one is a step forward in a new artform. When you see the earlier games you can trully appreciate the newer and as they have evolved.

Well i dont like too much changes, the same reason i dont like the direction of RE is the same reason i dont like the FF series new direction, i suppose some people like change in their series but i dont because when i like a series i like them to be as similar as possible.

Thats just me anyway.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#18ExentrykPosted 1/16/2013 4:57:38 PM
zodiac_sword posted...

Then perhaps you're not an "old FF fan"? :P
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#19Panda_KunPosted 1/16/2013 5:00:07 PM
Valkyrie_Sera posted...
Troll Harder, TC! I'm old FF fan and going to buy FFXIV:ARR because I love FFXI. FFXIV:ARR will be better so much than all the FF games. Enjoy your s***** game!

Play nice, you.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O) The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#20OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/16/2013 5:04:39 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
Exentryk posted...

Yeah? Mind = Blown?

I like sprite based games.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw