Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#111Xoxen101Posted 1/18/2013 8:37:06 AM
Final Fantasy XII does have its good sides, though the Auto Battle Command is the bit that ticks me off. Loved the world, just need to finish the game and XII-2 so I can try Lightning Returns.

As for old Final Fantasys, love what you like we all have our opinions. My favorite is FFX and still have some hope for a HD rerelease!
#112cosmic300xtPosted 1/18/2013 8:42:51 AM
Im an "old" fan. Been playing since the NES days. I still think FF is a great series. "Old" fans don't need to retire, but the trolls can feel free to retire instead.
#113renzsweetPosted 1/18/2013 8:55:25 AM
I will most likely continue playing, but buy the games used if I am disappointed with their direction. That is my usual tactic when I am disappointed with a game maker; buy their next 3 games used.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#114shinra35800Posted 1/18/2013 9:20:36 AM
The music in FFXIII just gets to me. It makes the game so boring. And yes, music is the defining point in a game. It can make or break a game. It can make even the crappiest gameplay seem enjoyable. The gameplay in XIII is fine. It is just the music that makes me not want to play it.
#115ADHDguitarPosted 1/18/2013 9:48:15 AM
There are no FF fans. There are fans of random assortments of FF games.

Fan 1: FFVII is the best!
Fan 2: FFVII is terrible! FFVIII is the best!
Fan 3: FFVIII is terrible! FFIX is the best!
Fan 4: FFIX is terrible! FFX is the best!
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#116TiaelPosted 1/18/2013 9:50:41 AM
ADHDguitar posted...

I've enjoyed each one for varying reasons, some more than others.

Things like FFII, FFXIII are my least favorites, but I had fun with them.
---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#117kirusuPosted 1/18/2013 9:53:59 AM
shinra35800 posted...
The music in FFXIII just gets to me. It makes the game so boring. And yes, music is the defining point in a game. It can make or break a game. It can make even the crappiest gameplay seem enjoyable. The gameplay in XIII is fine. It is just the music that makes me not want to play it.

i remember that time when i fell asleep playing castlevania 3. that clock tower level was boring.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#118kratoscar2008(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:54:27 AM
ADHDguitar posted...

You forgot the first and worst of them: Fan 0: FF4 is the best: The others are FF4 bi***!

Those destroyed FF5 to the ground just for not being FF4-2, and how many times they re-release it.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#119retep_onePosted 1/18/2013 9:55:52 AM
heck the "new breed" would enjoy the old FF games much better...
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#120A1RollerRagerPosted 1/18/2013 10:01:58 AM
Any FF game after X has not been able to keep my attention very long. I really dislike the direction they went with XIII and especially how they now have a trilogy of the dang thing. If you enjoy it, that's great. I just can't get into. I also agree with the TC's opinion about the Resident Evil games. Once they cut zombies out of the pictures I was done. I'll continue to enjoy FF but I won't retire as a fan.