Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#31hambaconeggPosted 1/16/2013 8:28:59 PM
I'm busy with Super Robot Wars. Maybe if someone managed to create a devifoxx edition of type-zero, lol.
#32Zell1226Posted 1/16/2013 8:42:38 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Mobile gaming is popular in Japan. You know, SE's primary market. If you don't like the games don't buy them.

Are you kidding me? Even if your statement was true, you realize that barely any Japanese person uses iPhones or other Apple products. They know the devices are garbage. The reason these games are made (and why they're always released in English so quickly) is cash grabs for the west. The west lops up mobile gaming, especially America. And that's where they think the money is. Just look at All The Bravest if you don't believe me. Utter garbage cash crap for western "gamers", released in English immediately, iPhone only.

I won't go into the casual gaming stuff too much because that's a different story, but come on. Their primary market is making console games, because those are what always nets the most money. They problem is development time and the fact that they lose money during those periods, so now they sell out for quick money and are catering to the casual masses of the west.

Who knows, maybe they're working on some nice stuff in the meantime. But I doubt it.
tl;dr don't spout random things
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#33Bloodmoon77Posted 1/16/2013 9:01:12 PM
I've played all of the final fantasy games. I enjoyed 13 and 13-2. I like video games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/29usk12.png
#34SandOnMyBootPosted 1/16/2013 9:02:17 PM
I've already moved on to Atlus RPGs.
#35OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/16/2013 9:07:08 PM(edited)
Zell1226 posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Mobile gaming is popular in Japan. You know, SE's primary market. If you don't like the games don't buy them.

Are you kidding me? Even if your statement was true, you realize that barely any Japanese person uses iPhones or other Apple products. They know the devices are garbage. The reason these games are made (and why they're always released in English so quickly) is cash grabs for the west. The west lops up mobile gaming, especially America. And that's where they think the money is. Just look at All The Bravest if you don't believe me. Utter garbage cash crap for western "gamers", released in English immediately, iPhone only.

I won't go into the casual gaming stuff too much because that's a different story, but come on. Their primary market is making console games, because those are what always nets the most money. They problem is development time and the fact that they lose money during those periods, so now they sell out for quick money and are catering to the casual masses of the west.

Who knows, maybe they're working on some nice stuff in the meantime. But I doubt it.
tl;dr don't spout random things

You think people in japan don't like mobile gaming? XD lol, okay bro. So they shouldn't release cheap games in the meantime while they are working on bigger things? You think that it is wrong for them to do that? How is it hurting you? You don't have to buy them.

Btw,

http://9to5mac.com/2012/05/10/report-apple-sold-7-25-million-units-in-japan-during-2011-as-1-smartphone-vendor/
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#36BlackWizardMagusPosted 1/16/2013 9:07:05 PM
Yeah, basically. And it's not just FF; I feel the need to retire from gaming, because the JRPGs that are far and away my favorite games are getting rare, and many of the ones they do make are geared more towards the OCD fans and mobile gaming. I still find entertaining games here and there, but nothing like the SNES, PSX, and PS2 eras. And it's not a matter of getting older; I replay the older games, and enjoy them, and I occasionally find an older game that I never tried back in the day, and it'll give me more enjoyment than so many modern games. The last series I still really loved was the Tales series, and I understand that Team Wolf that made them was broken up, so who knows what will happen going forward.

Also, I think trying to get more fans is exactly what's making so many games feel so...same-y. You get occasionaly niche games, for the fanatic, and then the rest of the games are increasingly casual. Look at Skyrim; love it or hate it, the game is very, very casual. I guess I can't blame companies from wanting to copy that kind of success, but from the perspective of a fan, it's disappointing. And you can see it in so many series. I've heard the exact same complaint for the Far Cry, Saints Row, Mass Effect, and Deus Ex series, for example, and that's just the first 4 I could think of. Ah well, here's hoping the indie developers step up and and start making the games the big publishers won't.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#37YoungGganonPosted 1/16/2013 9:26:58 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
I mean obviously FF is not for us old FF fans anymore, just like the new RE fans are the ones that matters to Cashcom/Scamcom/Crapcom and the original fans are threated like crap.

I feel that FF is not for us anymore, our last FF game was FFX so we might as well forget about the HD release and SE seems to dont care to release it to us but FFXIII fans seems to be getting a nice threatment from SE.

Let us play old FF games as i dont see SE caring for us anymore.

If you are an old FF fan and enjoy XIII then good for you i suppose you can maintain SE as your favorite company but i cant say the same.

PS: if this seem like trolling then is my fault for not wording this better.

I kind of agree in the sense, that SE is headed in a completely new direction with the series. A direction I don't like, but hey, new people can enjoy it, I can walk out knowing I had a good ride.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#38ShadowDragon16Posted 1/16/2013 9:28:04 PM
Valkyrie_Sera posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Valkyrie_Sera posted...
Troll Harder, TC! I'm old FF fan and going to buy FFXIV:ARR because I love FFXI. FFXIV:ARR will be better so much than all the FF games. Enjoy your s***** game!

Did you get into the beta? :o I hope I do.

Not yet. I signed up for ps3 closed beta. It's very difficult to get into a closed beta though.

ill be in FFXIV:ARR beta im legacy
---
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1337008
#39oxnerdPosted 1/16/2013 9:35:47 PM
I'm on my Winter break and I have played through 6 and 8 (played 7 years ago) for the last two weeks I'm in the middle of 9 right now and I honestly still very much love 13, so call yourself a fan, but I love the old series just as much as the new ones.
#40GANONDORFIVYPosted 1/16/2013 9:47:12 PM
Nope we cant go we must try preserv it and save it from the new garbage era!!!
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY