Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#41KotomineKireiPosted 1/16/2013 8:49:27 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

I don't know about other fans of the older games, but as long as they change the camera angle to be less of a "I see your bottom" or "I see your back" view, and they don't pull another hallway game, I'm fine with the "new series".
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#42roxas9001Posted 1/16/2013 9:01:34 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I've been around since FFVIII and I played just about every entry except FF3, 11, and 14. And I enjoy the series just fine. I look forward to seeing what LR, Versus, and FFXV have to offer. The fans that spend all their time b****ing and moaning can retire. I might stop thinking the FF fanbase is a piece of trash if that happen.

I agree, I will always love FF, its just the whiny fans that piss me off with constant crying.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#43HeartKey_XIIIPosted 1/16/2013 9:12:21 PM
I don't get how can someone "retire" from a game series.

If you don't like a game don't buy it, it's that simple.

Luckily, FF games aren't directly connected, so it doesn't matter how much you hate the most recent game, who knows maybe the next one will lure you into the series again.
---
I'm half serious most of the time.
So much to do, so little time...
#44theofficefan99Posted 1/16/2013 9:14:02 PM
tatesau posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
I mean obviously FF is not for us old FF fans anymore, just like the new RE fans are the ones that matters to Cashcom/Scamcom/Crapcom and the original fans are threated like crap.

I feel that FF is not for us anymore, our last FF game was FFX so we might as well forget about the HD release and SE seems to dont care to release it to us but FFXIII fans seems to be getting a nice threatment from SE.

Let us play old FF games as i dont see SE caring for us anymore.

If you are an old FF fan and enjoy XIII then good for you i suppose you can maintain SE as your favorite company but i cant say the same.

PS: if this seem like trolling then is my fault for not wording this better.

You can move on if you do not like the series. If you were trully a fan, tou would appreciate that each one is a step forward in a new artform. When you see the earlier games you can trully appreciate the newer and as they have evolved.

Oh, please. What kind of "artform" was Final Fantasy XIV 1.0, with its amazing 49% Metacritic average?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#45theofficefan99Posted 1/16/2013 9:16:36 PM
HeartKey_XIII posted...
I don't get how can someone "retire" from a game series.

If you don't like a game don't buy it, it's that simple.

Luckily, FF games aren't directly connected, so it doesn't matter how much you hate the most recent game, who knows maybe the next one will lure you into the series again.

Yup. If anything, that's the most amazing thing about this series, and it's why there are some people that come back all the time even though they haven't enjoyed an FF in 6+ years or so. Though it's unfortunate that it's been 3 years since the release of the last offline mainline title and there's still no announcement for the next one.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#46Destroyer_MagePosted 1/16/2013 10:36:49 PM
Yeah you old FF fans should eff off to your dang retirement homes!
---
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)
#47RomangeloPosted 1/16/2013 10:54:49 PM
I'm an old fan and I enjoy the new FFs.

natural selection applied to gaming too. those who don't like something new can quit playing.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#48kiahPosted 1/16/2013 11:11:10 PM
I am a retired Physics Professor who plays games for an entertaining break, not for finding truth and the meaning of life...

I have played every Final Fantasy game released in the US as soon as it was released, and I've enjoyed every single one. I make a point not to read a single word about the games other than release dates, and I don't look at reviews or any comments on GameFAQs. I just play them the best I can without a guide or anything. After playing through once that way, I will follow a guide on a second playthrough to make sure I don't miss anything, but I often let a year or two go by first so it doesn't feel too repetitive.

I have Lightning Returns pre-ordered and I'm positive I'll find a way to have fun playing it!

Life is about learning to adapt to change, because the only constant in life is that things WILL change. And that's truth and the meaning of life :-)
---
Q: What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?
A: Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog. G. Marx
#49TiaelPosted 1/16/2013 11:15:11 PM(edited)
kratoscar2008 posted...

If you are an old FF fan and enjoy XIII then good for you i suppose you can maintain SE as your favorite company but i cant say the same.

I enjoyed XI and XII a lot (in the fact they are in my top 5), XIII and XIII-2 enough to look forward to LR, and am anticipating XIV: ARR, but SE is far from my favorite company (and I disagree with a lot of the crap they've done lately) nor has FF ever been my favorite series, and I've been playing them since the NES.

---
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEGEGpFgRU
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#50Lindaru111Posted 1/16/2013 11:43:37 PM
Kumori_no_Yoru posted...
Type-0 and BDFF are really the only recent good games that Square's put out that come to mind and tell me they just make crap decisions and could still have (albeit extremely unlikely) potential.

But that's just me attempting to be a little optimistic about things.

But those two games won't be released outside Japan anytime soon...right?
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane FFIX