Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#51FreakonaIeashPosted 1/16/2013 11:51:00 PM
HeartKey_XIII posted...

Luckily, FF games aren't directly connected, so it doesn't matter how much you hate the most recent game, who knows maybe the next one will lure you into the series again.

Shame we didn't get a "next one" since 2008.
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#52dancingwaters9Posted 1/17/2013 12:44:09 AM(edited)
welp, i love ff 1-13, enjoyed every single of them, and the spin offs. haven't played 14

i embrace every new title, because i'm not gonna get stuck in the past waiting for newer games be like the old ones always.

in every aspect of life, things will always change, our lives, music, movies, videogames, technology, food, jobs, habits, anything really.

ppl hate the new DmC, i like it as much as i like the old ones, ppl hate RE 6, i like it as much as i enjoy the older ones.

im gonna enjoy Lightning returns and more to come.

edit: sorry if i came off rude. sounded a little harsh
---
Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Alaxas18?feature=mhee#g/ VGM and more to come
#53foo1239Posted 1/17/2013 12:53:39 AM
Just because you don't like the XIII series, doesnt mean SE will never make a Final Fantasy game you like ever again.
#54MalakTawusPosted 1/17/2013 3:30:02 AM(edited)
I'm an old FF fan but i also like the new FF games.
TC, you talk as if the two things can't coexist and that's clearly not true.

Edit: it seems i missed the part about old FF fans liking FFXIII, my bad..........but tbh this last part seems a bit in antithesis with what you say in the first part, oh well, whatever.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#55King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/17/2013 4:33:31 AM
There are two solutions for us old timers either learn to deal with it, or destroy Final Fantasy and ruin it for everyone else.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#56The_Undying_84Posted 1/17/2013 4:46:22 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
There are two solutions for us old timers either learn to deal with it, or destroy Final Fantasy and ruin it for everyone else.

By ruin it for everyone else, I believe you mean save them from their own foolishness.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#57zodiac_swordPosted 1/17/2013 4:48:06 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Definitely the ruining thing.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#58kirusuPosted 1/17/2013 6:17:07 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...

we arent destroying anything. square enix is digging their own grave.
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#59LenneValkiryePosted 1/17/2013 6:22:58 AM
The old fans are in denial because they expect a series aimed to teenagers to grow up and get old with them.
It's like asking Disney to forget about their target audience and start focusing on mature movies.
The industry doesn't work that way.
#60FulvipPosted 1/17/2013 6:30:51 AM
If there is really such a line dividing FF's then it looks like I've done a fine job just enjoying what I can enjoy.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, Borderlands 2, Total War 2