Should we old FF fans retire so the new breed can enjoy the new series?

#61kirusuPosted 1/17/2013 6:39:28 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
The old fans are in denial because they expect a series aimed to teenagers to grow up and get old with them.
It's like asking Disney to forget about their target audience and start focusing on mature movies.
The industry doesn't work that way.

excuse me for being a old fan. i was fine with the change that type-0 did. THAT was square with originality. it showed what square CAN do when trying hard enough. type-0 was that game. tell me how a handheld can do so much more than a console system.
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#62itis41269Posted 1/17/2013 6:41:01 AM
*looks at topic* hmmm well i didnt read through all the pages on this topic , because

im sure the hatrollailers (haters/trolls/derailers) have already done there work like with

most of the topics on this message board.

Im not sure what you mean by "retire"... if people enjoy the 13 game series so be it

ill just go play something else and wait for a newer final fantasy i can enjoy
---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"
#63GoldPhalanxPosted 1/17/2013 6:46:46 AM
I don't know if old and new is a great way to split the fanbase, different people have different expectations and preferences. I personally love both the old and new FFs, heck I replayed FFIV, FFVII, FFIX not too long ago and still love them, though actually they're not as good as I remembered them but only slightly less.

Elitism comes from both sides, even if sometimes I feel the FFVI superfans are the most vocal, but that's certainly not true. Some people are like my old roommate whom I refer to as "8-bit B****" (for other reasons too LOL) and like sprite based games and not the new stuff and vice versa. Some people like simple stories, some like stories with extensive datalogs. Some like emotional characters, some don't. Etc etc.

I will say though to all the LR:FFXIII haters: Shhhhhh shshshshhhhh, there there it's okay. I know it's really fun to bash a game that hasn't come out, but wait until it's actually released to do so and when you have more concrete evidence why to hate the game.

And finally, DON'T LISTEN TO ONDORE'S LIES!
---
~Lady Tokimi~
#64XcZeus3469Posted 1/17/2013 6:49:13 AM
Keep trolling. I've played every final fantasy and beat I-5, 10, 10-2, 12 and 13 and I think theyre just fine.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#65kirusuPosted 1/17/2013 6:49:13 AM
GoldPhalanx posted...

And finally, DON'T LISTEN TO ONDORE'S LIES!

BASCH LIVES.
---
gamefaqs. home of the funny and source of information.
#66CrysianiaPosted 1/17/2013 7:48:48 AM
Valkyrie_Sera posted...
Troll Harder, TC! I'm old FF fan and going to buy FFXIV:ARR because I love FFXI. FFXIV:ARR will be better so much than all the FF games. Enjoy your s***** game!

yea, cause ff xiv worked out so well, too bad for you ARR is trying hard not to be anything like ff xi.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#67Kagayaku08Posted 1/17/2013 7:54:50 AM
kirusu posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
The old fans are in denial because they expect a series aimed to teenagers to grow up and get old with them.
It's like asking Disney to forget about their target audience and start focusing on mature movies.
The industry doesn't work that way.

excuse me for being a old fan. i was fine with the change that type-0 did. THAT was square with originality. it showed what square CAN do when trying hard enough. type-0 was that game. tell me how a handheld can do so much more than a console system.

yes yes, massive wars fought over magical implements and the kids who fight them is original. No its not. Not even for SE as teh Ivalice games exist. Please do not bring up the violence in the game as a way to say the story is good.

this is the problem. Massive platitudes. Stop trying to represent something that charmed you as the only way a game can be handled. We are very sorry you didn't enjoy the other recent FF games outside of Type-0, (if you even understood the game which im not saying isn't possible, but people who i know who don't know a lick japanese proport that game even without knowledge of the story), but do not insult those who did enjoy the other games you didn't. We know what we appreciate just as much as you know what you appreciate.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#68Some_StaticPosted 1/17/2013 11:06:37 AM
How exactly does a fan retire?
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#69LenneValkiryePosted 1/17/2013 3:02:31 PM
Some_Static posted...

Apparently by whining for well over a decade on how the series is dead, while buying every new entry of said series on day one without fail.
#70kratoscar2008(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:17:57 PM
Some_Static posted...

Stopping to care about FF. Stopping to play new FF. Stop to come to FF boards. Basically ignoring the series story and move on to ther games.

I decided to stay just for the laughs.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards