I didn't like Mass Effect so I didn't buy ME2. (XIII series related)

#21j-fielding95Posted 1/18/2013 4:51:36 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
ME2 is a hell of a lot different than ME1, there are lots of people who dislike 2 but like 1.

Same with XIII and XIII-2.

This line defeats the purpose of what he said. If someone liked ME1 then of course they would go out and buy ME2, thinking it would be a cool game. Then when they find out they didn't like it they're disappointed.

Same with buying XIII and then buying XIII-2 after because you liked the first one.

He's talking about people who buy the first game in a series, find out they don't like it, complain, then go buy the sequel knowing full well they didn't like the first one. They don't like the sequel and then proceed to complain all over again.

And vice versa, some people hate ME1 but like ME2.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#22MysteryVeilPosted 1/18/2013 4:55:23 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
ME2 is a hell of a lot different than ME1, there are lots of people who dislike 2 but like 1.

This line defeats the purpose of what he said. If someone liked ME1 then of course they would go out and buy ME2, thinking it would be a cool game. Then when they find out they didn't like it they're disappointed.

Same with buying XIII and then buying XIII-2 after because you liked the first one.

He's talking about people who buy the first game in a series, find out they don't like it, complain, then go buy the sequel knowing full well they didn't like the first one. They don't like the sequel and then proceed to complain all over again.

Yeah that is possible, and I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just saying TC was specifically referring to the whiners who hated one game and then when on to hate another, and yet they still keep buying and complaining.

Cause you know there will be those who hated XIII, hated XIII-2, will proceed to buy LR and happily hate that one as well.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#23j-fielding95Posted 1/18/2013 5:00:27 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Yeah that is possible, and I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just saying TC was specifically referring to the whiners who hated one game and then when on to hate another, and yet they still keep buying and complaining.

Cause you know there will be those who hated XIII, hated XIII-2, will proceed to buy LR and happily hate that one as well.

Oh. Then I misread, in that case I take it back.
---
#24Drizzy_DrizakePosted 1/18/2013 5:15:30 PM
Other way for me. I loved XIII and hated 2. But LR is looking really good so I'm hopeful I will enjoy this one.
---
I guess I prefer spasms about my voice to spasms about my ass - Karu
#25LenneValkiryePosted 1/19/2013 5:04:05 AM(edited)
ME > ME2 >>>>>>>> ME3.

ME3's plot is a trainwreck from start to finish. The ending is the cherry on top.
And they somehow managed to streamline a gameplay (ME2's) that was already streamlined from ME1's. Good grief.
#26j-fielding95Posted 1/19/2013 5:05:23 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
ME > ME2 >>>>>>>> ME3.

ME3's plot is a trainwreck from start to finish. The ending is the cherry on top.
And they somehow managed to streamline a gameplay (ME2's) that was already streamlined from ME1's. Good grief.

I enjoyed 3 for what it was worth, and what was so bad about the plot. (Not the ending)
---
#27LenneValkiryePosted 1/19/2013 5:16:17 AM(edited)
The problem with ME3's plot is that it uses the same premise as ME and ME2's, except it doesn't work anymore.

ME1
Shepard: Reapers are real! I saw them in a vision!
Everyone: lol, 'Reapers'.

ME2
Shepard: Reapers are real! They kidnap people and leave no trace behind!

ME3
Shepard: Reapers are real! They're here! They're gonna kill us all!

The entire plot is about dealing with the other races' skewed priorities (such as the Quarians being busy taking Rannoch back, only to be destroyed by the Reapers afterwards. Pure genius), everyone being as unhelpful as possibile and the building of a supposed DEM device that nobody even knows how it works in the middle of a galactic apocalypse.
Explain me how I'm supposed to take it seriously.
#28j-fielding95Posted 1/19/2013 5:20:58 AM
Everybody in 3 believes in the Reapers, and acknowledges they are going to wipe them out, so no, their response isn't 'lol Reapers'.
---
#29HitzkolpfPosted 1/19/2013 5:36:43 AM
EscaSyra posted...
It is a direct sequel, same characters, same setting basically, and all that jazz..

Yeah, no. Try again.
#30j-fielding95Posted 1/19/2013 5:39:08 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
EscaSyra posted...
It is a direct sequel, same characters, same setting basically, and all that jazz..

Yeah, no. Try again.

Serah, Snow, Hope, Lightning. Cocoon, Pulse.

Yeah.
---