I didn't like Mass Effect so I didn't buy ME2. (XIII series related)

#31HitzkolpfPosted 1/19/2013 5:56:43 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
EscaSyra posted...
It is a direct sequel, same characters, same setting basically, and all that jazz..

Yeah, no. Try again.

Serah, Snow, Hope, Lightning. Cocoon, Pulse.

Yeah.

Time travel. Spinoff.

Your move, Celes.
#32RomangeloPosted 1/19/2013 6:12:56 AM
XIII-2 is awesome! people who hate it just because they hated XIII are blinded by hate.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#33j-fielding95Posted 1/19/2013 6:16:03 AM
Hitzkolpf posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Hitzkolpf posted...
EscaSyra posted...
It is a direct sequel, same characters, same setting basically, and all that jazz..

Yeah, no. Try again.

Serah, Snow, Hope, Lightning. Cocoon, Pulse.

Yeah.

Time travel. Spinoff.

Your move, Celes.

XIII-2 title=direct sequel

Time travel was the plot, not the gameplay, which was largely the same.

Your move, meine freundin
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#34TheGreatPotatoPosted 1/19/2013 6:21:16 AM
13-2 is a direct sequel. Hitzpolksdfdf the potential serial killer is once again wrong.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: angry.
#35MrFailPosted 1/19/2013 9:04:56 AM
To be fair, I could understand people hating FFX for whatever reason (I adore it) and love X-2. The first time Square released a direct sequel, the only thing that didn't change was the environments. X-2 while being a sequel was an ENTIRELY different game.

Not much changes between XIII and XIII-2. Most of the gripes people had are still there. Unlike FFX. Also, while ME1 was a shooter/RPG, there are plenty of people who prefer ME2 which lacks most of the RPG aspects.

TLDR: Direct sequels don't always have similar gameplay. 13 and 13-2 do sadly.
#36ManaYukaPosted 1/19/2013 9:15:26 AM
I didnt buy XIII-2 either. My ex had XIII-2 as well and wanted me to try it but I refused, I looked through her strategy guide for it though. Cant believe they still make strategy guides and people buy them -_-
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
I am not female; Yukanna means "the valiant" in Japanese.
#37Elice_CarolPosted 1/19/2013 12:53:30 PM
I didnt buy XIII-2 either. My ex had XIII-2 as well and wanted me to try it but I refused, I looked through her strategy guide for it though. Cant believe they still make strategy guides and people buy them -_-

Did you break up with your BF because of XIII-2?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/