Toriyama thinks Lightning is the first female FF protagonist

#231j-fielding95Posted 1/20/2013 11:03:46 AM
The_tall_midget posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
<The main character is Yuna. The story is about Yuna's pilgrimage. It's about Yuna's kidnappings. It's about Yuna's decisions and how it will eventually affect all of spira. Tidus is just a second fiddle. You THINK he's a main character because of his infatuation with the main character, his narration and because SOME plot twist are linked to him.

That does not make him a main character. That makes him an important secondary character. The story could very well have been made from Auron's narration, from Wakka's, from Rikku. Yes SOME parts would have had to be removed but the story would still be the same : Yuna's pilgrimage as a summoner, her entourage and how it affected Spira forever.

He's the main character.

SE said so, as did the dialogue.

SE didn't say squat. As an example as to how confused you are, they promoted Vaan as the main poster boy of XII and yet ANYONE with a iota of brain realizes how Vaan is COMPLETELY pointless to the plot except for the first 2 hours or so. The story is about Balthier and Ashe. That's where the plot develops to.

As far as the dialogue saying that Tidus is the main character... Well you're not very brilliant. TIDUS says he's the main character. The term he uses is "it's my story". Well Yuna counters this at one point (when she himself got tired of his whining) that it wasn't his story. And anyone with a brain realizes that nearly everything revolves around Yuna.

I'd really like if you children would have paid attention in literature class. You people are not even able to identify an obvious main character in a story.

When you're just going to go around insulting peoples intelligence like that then nobody is going to take you seriously anyway, you sound like a joke.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#232kirusuPosted 1/20/2013 11:11:22 AM
zodiac_sword posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
1- It has a plot

replace airship, fight final boss.

Plot of the world of ruin.

you forgot to recruit past party members, and then find secret characters.
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#233kirusuPosted 1/20/2013 11:12:39 AM
Helban posted...
Given this mentality Toriyama is in, I'm worried he'll try to keep Lightning around and omnipresent in post LR games from SE. Examples...

In Versus (if that ever comes) will have a moment where Noctis gets saved from death by a mysterious figure who's obviously Lightning based on voice and clothing designs.

She invades Kingdom Hearst 3 and is made a permanent party member/Keyblade Master.

She keeps popping up in future FF games like XV to steal the show.

The list goes on...

you have been playing too many tales games. none of these happens in final fantasy. yet
---
im not changing this sig until i see a cutscene with lightning on the toilet. hell it doesnt have to be a long one
#234Elice_CarolPosted 1/20/2013 11:28:34 AM
Helban posted...
Given this mentality Toriyama is in, I'm worried he'll try to keep Lightning around and omnipresent in post LR games from SE. Examples...

In Versus (if that ever comes) will have a moment where Noctis gets saved from death by a mysterious figure who's obviously Lightning based on voice and clothing designs.

She invades Kingdom Hearst 3 and is made a permanent party member/Keyblade Master.

The list goes on...

you have been playing too many tales games. none of these happens in final fantasy. yet

Sounds like he's been playing too much Pokemon, actually. Cynthia pops up all the time and frankly it pisses me off.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#235kirusuPosted 1/20/2013 11:32:39 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Helban posted...

The list goes on...

Sounds like he's been playing too much Pokemon, actually. Cynthia pops up all the time and frankly it pisses me off.

she doesnt pop up in red blue and yellow. EXCUSES
---
#236kirusuPosted 1/20/2013 11:34:33 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
<The main character is Yuna. The story is about Yuna's pilgrimage. It's about Yuna's kidnappings. It's about Yuna's decisions and how it will eventually affect all of spira. Tidus is just a second fiddle. You THINK he's a main character because of his infatuation with the main character, his narration and because SOME plot twist are linked to him.

That does not make him a main character. That makes him an important secondary character. The story could very well have been made from Auron's narration, from Wakka's, from Rikku. Yes SOME parts would have had to be removed but the story would still be the same : Yuna's pilgrimage as a summoner, her entourage and how it affected Spira forever.

He's the main character.

SE said so, as did the dialogue.

SE didn't say squat. As an example as to how confused you are, they promoted Vaan as the main poster boy of XII and yet ANYONE with a iota of brain realizes how Vaan is COMPLETELY pointless to the plot except for the first 2 hours or so. The story is about Balthier and Ashe. That's where the plot develops to.

As far as the dialogue saying that Tidus is the main character... Well you're not very brilliant. TIDUS says he's the main character. The term he uses is "it's my story". Well Yuna counters this at one point (when she himself got tired of his whining) that it wasn't his story. And anyone with a brain realizes that nearly everything revolves around Yuna.

I'd really like if you children would have paid attention in literature class. You people are not even able to identify an obvious main character in a story.

When you're just going to go around insulting peoples intelligence like that then nobody is going to take you seriously anyway, you sound like a joke.

yeah that was uncalled for lol
---
#237The_tall_midgetPosted 1/20/2013 7:21:08 PM(edited)

They can take the guy with actual valid arguments seriously or a guy who comes up and says : NUH UH. YOU'RE A MEANIE!

Guess which one is more credible?
---
Rule 1 of anything that makes no sense : Wizard did it.
#238zodiac_swordPosted 1/20/2013 7:15:13 PM
kirusu posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
1- It has a plot

replace airship, fight final boss.

Plot of the world of ruin.

you forgot to recruit past party members, and then find secret characters.

Those are optional sidequests, not plot.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#239kratoscar2008Posted 1/22/2013 3:20:53 PM
kirusu posted...
Helban posted...

The list goes on...

Yet is the key, and i agree with Helban i dont see LIGHtning getting to the bench after FFXIII: LR, i can already see the KH secret playable character being Lightning.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
The official Demoni-Ho of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#240MysteryVeilPosted 1/22/2013 4:12:15 PM
Didn't we already have a topic that talked about this?
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01