Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#11St0ckingPosted 1/19/2013 8:56:08 PM
921sora posted...
(Sigh) All noobs to the FF World... the first MAIN FEMALE was Terra actually ^^ Or white mage if you push the matter

"Lightning is Final Fantasy's first female lead, at least according to Square Enix.

This may come as a surprise to fans of Final Fantasy VI, which ostensibly starred Terra, the amnesiac magic user who gradually discovers her roots as an esper. But Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII director and series veteran Motomu Toriyama (who came in on Final Fantasy VII, it should be mentioned) has an explanation.

"We feel that every person within the party [in Final Fantasy VI] is a main character, but we feel Lightning is very impactful as the main female protagonist in the Final Fantasy series." Toriyama says. "Not only is she the first female protagonist, she is very powerful, cool, calm, and collected. So we believe that is another attractive feature of hers."
#12King_Shortt_IXPosted 1/19/2013 9:01:47 PM
SE is trying to revise its glorious past so they can justify their crappy present and future.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#13AsiaboyzPosted 1/19/2013 9:28:28 PM(edited)
Christopher Belmont posted...
But you'd never know it since every male character in an FF game since X looks like a prissy girl anyway.

I mean, Square actually succeded in emasculating Sephiroth in Crisis Core. What does Square have against MANLY men?! Why must men wear lipstick and eyeliner, WHY?! *... Again, Crisis Core*

Isn't Snow XIII manly enough? http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/284/0/7/0714290e790f3b2955b18f6392a36572-d5hgjsa.jpg
---
Omaetachi wa sh!tteiru hazuda, watashi wa nani mono ka. Saigo no jyuusanniji da.
#14MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:12:13 PM
Toriyama said that about Light?

Ugh, somebody needs to shut that man up.

Why do they keep letting him speak in public?
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#15OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:14:50 PM
St0cking posted...
921sora posted...
(Sigh) All noobs to the FF World... the first MAIN FEMALE was Terra actually ^^ Or white mage if you push the matter

"Lightning is Final Fantasy's first female lead, at least according to Square Enix.

This may come as a surprise to fans of Final Fantasy VI, which ostensibly starred Terra, the amnesiac magic user who gradually discovers her roots as an esper. But Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII director and series veteran Motomu Toriyama (who came in on Final Fantasy VII, it should be mentioned) has an explanation.

"We feel that every person within the party [in Final Fantasy VI] is a main character, but we feel Lightning is very impactful as the main female protagonist in the Final Fantasy series." Toriyama says. "Not only is she the first female protagonist, she is very powerful, cool, calm, and collected. So we believe that is another attractive feature of hers."

They speak the truth. Terra was never the main character of VI. She was just one of the more important ones.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#16DragoonGriffithPosted 1/19/2013 9:20:05 PM
I'm going to be frank:

If you think Terra isn't the main character of FFVI, then you either didn't play FFVI or you just choose to ignore the evidence of Terra being the first female lead in the series (except if you want to go the route of arguing the White Mage of FF1...).
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#17zodiac_swordPosted 1/19/2013 9:24:51 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
She was just one of the more important ones.

She is the most important character a.k.a. the main character.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#18shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:25:10 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
I'm going to be frank:

If you think Terra isn't the main character of FFVI, then you either didn't play FFVI or you just choose to ignore the evidence of Terra being the first female lead in the series (except if you want to go the route of arguing the White Mage of FF1...).

And yet tons and tons and tons of FFVI fans would argue that point.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#19find no fan tar seaPosted 1/19/2013 9:26:26 PM
I'm going to be frank:

I love and adore Terra, she was my idol. Celes was one of my fav too!

For me, Terra, Celes, Yuna and Tifa are better role model and 'character' than the pitch (flip the P upside down) lightning. I hope she strikes a ground and bury 6 feet under like a real lightning would!
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#20shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:28:28 PM
find no fan tar sea posted...
I'm going to be frank:

I love and adore Terra, she was my idol. Celes was one of my fav too!

For me, Terra, Celes, Yuna and Tifa are better role model and 'character' than the pitch (flip the P upside down) lightning. I hope she strikes a ground and bury 6 feet under like a real lightning would!

Tifa? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger