Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#161LenneValkiryePosted 1/21/2013 10:03:28 AM(edited)
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Girls like pretty boys. The fact you take offense to them is vaguely sexist. You're acting like femininity is a bad thing when a guy has it.

I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware girls liked pretty boys who wear lipstick, nail polish and eyeliner.
Cecil and Kain anyone?
And let's not even get started with Kuja.
#162MoonlightJustPosted 1/21/2013 1:33:59 PM
This is an absolutely ridiculous statement, and is downright insulting to any fans of pretty much any other Final Fantasy in the series. XIII follows VI in not having a 'set' main character, so Lightnings situation would be the EXACT same as both Terra's and Celes', and would put her in the SAME POSITION AS EVER OTHER FEMALE LEAD IN THE SERIES. God, the more Toriyama talks, the more I want to punch him in the throat.
#163legendfirefoxPosted 1/21/2013 1:52:37 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
But you'd never know it since every male character in an FF game since X looks like a prissy girl anyway.

I mean, Square actually succeded in emasculating Sephiroth in Crisis Core. What does Square have against MANLY men?! Why must men wear lipstick and eyeliner, WHY?! *... Again, Crisis Core*

First main female protagonist was Terra Branford and Celes from FFVI.......
---
PSN - Legend-fox-86
#164j-fielding95Posted 1/21/2013 1:53:48 PM
legendfirefox posted...
Christopher Belmont posted...
But you'd never know it since every male character in an FF game since X looks like a prissy girl anyway.

I mean, Square actually succeded in emasculating Sephiroth in Crisis Core. What does Square have against MANLY men?! Why must men wear lipstick and eyeliner, WHY?! *... Again, Crisis Core*

First main female protagonist was Terra Branford and Celes from FFVI.......

You just contradicted yourself.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#165DragoonGriffithPosted 1/21/2013 2:00:33 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

Doesn't change that they were both female characters and leads, so Lightning still wouldn't be the first.

Not to mention, FFX-2...
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#166arvilinoPosted 1/21/2013 2:06:53 PM(edited)
DragoonGriffith posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Doesn't change that they were both female characters and leads, so Lightning still wouldn't be the first.

Not to mention, FFX-2...

It does mean that neither of Terra or Celes are the protagonist.You can't compromise and still maintain the exact same claim, or at least you shouldn't

So as it stands Toriyama would still need to explain how Yuna isn't the protagonist of FFX-2 for what he said to be true.
#167DragoonGriffithPosted 1/21/2013 2:05:52 PM
arvilino posted...

It does mean that neither of Terra or Celes are the protagonist.You can't compromise and still maintain the exact same claim, or at least you shouldn't

I don't see the problem.
It just means both were protagonists, and both happen to be female.

The more I think about it, the more I like that idea better than just Terra being the only main of FFVI.

And I do think no one can argue against Terra and Celes together being way more important than the rest (if not for Terra alone being the protagonist).
---
#168kupo1705Posted 1/21/2013 2:06:45 PM
arvilino posted...

I don't see the problem.
It just means both were protagonists, and both happen to be female.

The more I think about it, the more I like that idea better than just Terra being the only main of FFVI.

And I do think no one can argue against Terra and Celes together being way more important than the rest (if not for Terra alone being the protagonist).

How is Celes important?
Because of the first 5 minutes of the WoR?
#169DragoonGriffithPosted 1/21/2013 2:09:02 PM
kupo1705 posted...

How is Celes important?

Apparently.
I mean, till now I also thought Terra was what FFVI was mainly about, but everyone keeps using the "Terra isn't even needed for the last fight" argument and ****.

So, Terra AND Celes would be next best thing, and it would still make Lightning NOT the first female protagonist.
---
#170kupo1705Posted 1/21/2013 2:10:26 PM
kupo1705 posted...

How is Celes important?

Apparently.
I mean, till now I also thought Terra was what FFVI was mainly about, but everyone keeps using the "Terra isn't even needed for the last fight" argument and ****.

So, Terra AND Celes would be next best thing, and it would still make Lightning NOT the first female protagonist.

Then who is the MC of Chrono Trigger?
It can't be Crono since he's not even needed for the final fight.

That's just stupid.
And actually, she always shows up at the end, no matter what.