Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#31InnerscopePosted 1/19/2013 9:34:57 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
Toriyama said that about Light?

Ugh, somebody needs to shut that man up.

Why do they keep letting him speak in public?

I'm starting to think that Lightning will turn into a Mary Sue :/
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#32shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:37:09 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
find no fan tar sea posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
I'm going to be frank:

If you think Terra isn't the main character of FFVI, then you either didn't play FFVI or you just choose to ignore the evidence of Terra being the first female lead in the series (except if you want to go the route of arguing the White Mage of FF1...).

I love and adore Terra, she was my idol. Celes was one of my fav too!

For me, Terra, Celes, Yuna and Tifa are better role model and 'character' than the pitch (flip the P upside down) lightning. I hope she strikes a ground and bury 6 feet under like a real lightning would!

Tifa? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Tifa is certainly a better character than Lightning. I see nothing wrong with his statement.

No she isn't.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#33DragoonGriffithPosted 1/19/2013 9:37:11 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

The story of XII revolves around Ashe, but she still isn't the main character...

Even then, Terra was by the end of the game (mostly after her WoR crisis has died down) the leader of the pack.

The first part was about the usefulness of her powers, while the 2nd one was about finding herself again and she does actually get development in that regard (and more than anything a reason to fight).

Celes was just there in the 2nd part to keep the ball rolling.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#34OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:38:35 PM
Innerscope posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Girls like pretty boys. The fact you take offense to them is vaguely sexist. You're acting like femininity is a bad thing when a guy has it. But masculinity is also praised in women.

This board... I swear.

Yeah, Didn't know that hating on the same gender is sexism.

It has to do with hating the concept of femininity when it isn't applied to a woman, whereas masculinity is praised regardless. Sexism is more than just disliking one of the sexes.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#35MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:40:10 PM
Innerscope posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Toriyama said that about Light?

Ugh, somebody needs to shut that man up.

Why do they keep letting him speak in public?

I'm starting to think that Lightning will turn into a Mary Sue :/

I concur. :(
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#36InnerscopePosted 1/19/2013 9:40:35 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Innerscope posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Girls like pretty boys. The fact you take offense to them is vaguely sexist. You're acting like femininity is a bad thing when a guy has it. But masculinity is also praised in women.

This board... I swear.

Yeah, Didn't know that hating on the same gender is sexism.

It has to do with hating the concept of femininity when it isn't applied to a woman, whereas masculinity is praised regardless. Sexism is more than just disliking one of the sexes.

Ah..Well, thanks for shedding some light
---
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Your new alphabet
#37OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:43:21 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

The story of XII revolves around Ashe, but she still isn't the main character...

Even then, Terra was by the end of the game (mostly after her WoR crisis has died down) the leader of the pack.

The first part was about the usefulness of her powers, while the 2nd one was about finding herself again and she does actually get development in that regard (and more than anything a reason to fight).

Celes was just there in the 2nd part to keep the ball rolling.

That doesn't make her the main character though. You can even complete the game without her. I personally think her and Celes are both the "protagonists" of VI. They are foils of each other in a way. Terra's magic is natural, Celes's is engineered, Terra is soft and insecure, Celes is battle hardened, Terra starts the first act, and Celes starts the second, but they are both learning about love. o.o And as a bonus their names are opposites, at least in the NA versions.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#38DragoonGriffithPosted 1/19/2013 9:47:19 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...

That doesn't make her the main character though. You can even complete the game without her. I personally think her and Celes are both the "protagonists" of VI. They are foils of each other in a way. Terra's magic is natural, Celes's is engineered, Terra is soft and insecure, Celes is battle hardened, Terra starts the first act, and Celes starts the second, but they are both learning about love. o.o And as a bonus their names are opposites, at least in the NA versions.

You know what?

I'll just roll with that idea. Yeah ok, Celes might as well be the MC with Terra together (that's even for the better for me since I do like Celes a bit better than Terra, both being my most favorites).

Unfortunately, that still doesn't help with the issue of Lightning being the first female protagonist in the series.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#39EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:47:22 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
find no fan tar sea posted...
I'm going to be frank:

If you think Terra isn't the main character of FFVI, then you either didn't play FFVI or you just choose to ignore the evidence of Terra being the first female lead in the series (except if you want to go the route of arguing the White Mage of FF1...).

I love and adore Terra, she was my idol. Celes was one of my fav too!

For me, Terra, Celes, Yuna and Tifa are better role model and 'character' than the pitch (flip the P upside down) lightning. I hope she strikes a ground and bury 6 feet under like a real lightning would!

Tifa? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Tifa is certainly a better character than Lightning. I see nothing wrong with his statement.

No she isn't.

She certainly is. Tifa stuck by the person most important to her, stood by his side even when he was is a comatose state, pieced together the mind of one of the most fragmented protagonist in FF history, runs her own business and take care of the kids while her guy is out dilly dallying, cooks good food, can suplex ultima weapon, and can serve a hard drink at the end of a long day, with her compliments of course. This does not even account for her twin wonders that can feed starving children in Africa. Frankly, she makes Lightning look like utter crap.
#40DarkSymbiotePosted 1/19/2013 9:50:11 PM
@EpsteinBarr I wonder why anyone would bother disagreeing.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn