Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#41shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:50:13 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...

She certainly is. Tifa stuck by the person most important to her, stood by his side even when he was is a comatose state, pieced together the mind of one of the most fragmented protagonist in FF history, runs her own business and take care of the kids while her guy is out dilly dallying, cooks good food, can suplex ultima weapon, and can serve a hard drink at the end of a long day, with her compliments of course. This does not even account for her twin wonders that can feed starving children in Africa. Frankly, she makes Lightning look like utter crap.

I completely disagree with all of that. After playing VII, she was just a useless person who couldn't actually do anything except when the plot decided to deus Ex her into Cloud's being. Then continued to be useless.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#42shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:51:24 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
@EpsteinBarr I wonder why anyone would bother disagreeing.

Well duh, why would anyone disagree with breasts. That's all it takes to be a good female. luckily Aerith was in that game to actually get things done.
---
#43pnpdarrelPosted 1/19/2013 9:51:45 PM
I think the major issue with pretty boys in JRPGs is that, well, they are almost always the only guys in your play able party. Look at Persona 4. Only Kanji could potentially not be one. I was cool with his home Ec stuff, but the his reaction to cross dressing was disturbing at best. Persona 3 had Akihiko and Shinji ( not that he mattered after that one event). Besides Auron, Snow, Basch, and Yang, there have really only been pretty boy FF PCs. I understand it is a cultural thing, but how many Japanese teens, or 20 year olds wear lipstick or that much hair gel, or stick beads in their hair?
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
#44EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:52:43 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...

She certainly is. Tifa stuck by the person most important to her, stood by his side even when he was is a comatose state, pieced together the mind of one of the most fragmented protagonist in FF history, runs her own business and take care of the kids while her guy is out dilly dallying, cooks good food, can suplex ultima weapon, and can serve a hard drink at the end of a long day, with her compliments of course. This does not even account for her twin wonders that can feed starving children in Africa. Frankly, she makes Lightning look like utter crap.

I completely disagree with all of that. After playing VII, she was just a useless person who couldn't actually do anything except when the plot decided to deus Ex her into Cloud's being. Then continued to be useless.

And you are completely wrong of course. But I can see why you'd disagree with it because it would make your point null and void.
#45DarkSymbiotePosted 1/19/2013 9:53:27 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Well duh, why would anyone disagree with breasts. That's all it takes to be a good female. luckily Aerith was in that game to actually get things done.

Such as?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#46shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:53:39 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
EpsteinBarr posted...

And you are completely wrong of course. But I can see why you'd disagree with it because it would make your point null and void.

Well, since you're wrong I guess it doesn't really matter what either of us believes.
---
#47EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:57:08 PM(edited)
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Lol, now if anybody was a deus ex, it would be Aerith.

DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

Such as?

Didn't you forget? Aerith used her plot-induced Cetra powers to manipulate the lifestream in order to save the world.
#48MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:54:07 PM
To be honest I don't know why people think Celes shares the MC role.

I never got that vibe her nor did I ever once think while playing that she was MC material.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#49shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:54:24 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Such as?

Oh, guess you didn't play FFVII. That's fine I guess.
---
#50DragoonGriffithPosted 1/19/2013 9:54:35 PM
Pfft
Guys, everyone knows Yuffie is the best FFVII female.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.