Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#51OpheliaAdenadePosted 1/19/2013 9:55:07 PM
pnpdarrel posted...
I think the major issue with pretty boys in JRPGs is that, well, they are almost always the only guys in your play able party. Look at Persona 4. Only Kanji could potentially not be one. I was cool with his home Ec stuff, but the his reaction to cross dressing was disturbing at best. Persona 3 had Akihiko and Shinji ( not that he mattered after that one event). Besides Auron, Snow, Basch, and Yang, there have really only been pretty boy FF PCs. I understand it is a cultural thing, but how many Japanese teens, or 20 year olds wear lipstick or that much hair gel, or stick beads in their hair?

Very few males in the games even wear lipstick. >_> The only one who did was Cecil, and he was the only one who ever canonically got married AND laid. And hair gel is a given in jrpgs. And the only character with beads directly in their hair was onion knight. Calm down bro.

Real men wear dresses.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#52Some_StaticPosted 1/19/2013 9:56:45 PM
pnpdarrel posted...
I think the major issue with pretty boys in JRPGs is that, well, they are almost always the only guys in your play able party. Look at Persona 4. Only Kanji could potentially not be one. I was cool with his home Ec stuff, but the his reaction to cross dressing was disturbing at best. Persona 3 had Akihiko and Shinji ( not that he mattered after that one event). Besides Auron, Snow, Basch, and Yang, there have really only been pretty boy FF PCs. I understand it is a cultural thing, but how many Japanese teens, or 20 year olds wear lipstick or that much hair gel, or stick beads in their hair?

Eh, I think the only really 'pretty boy' was [spoiler]. You know who I mean.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#53DarkSymbiotePosted 1/19/2013 9:57:39 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@EpsteinBarr I wonder why anyone would bother disagreeing.

Well duh, why would anyone disagree with breasts. That's all it takes to be a good female. luckily Aerith was in that game to actually get things done.

Such as?

Oh, guess you didn't play FFVII. That's fine I guess.

No, seriously, go ahead. Give me reasons why Tifa, and not Aerith, is a deus ex machina.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#54mahroflcopterPosted 1/19/2013 9:59:42 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...

She certainly is. Tifa stuck by the person most important to her, stood by his side even when he was is a comatose state, pieced together the mind of one of the most fragmented protagonist in FF history, runs her own business and take care of the kids while her guy is out dilly dallying, cooks good food, can suplex ultima weapon, and can serve a hard drink at the end of a long day, with her compliments of course. This does not even account for her twin wonders that can feed starving children in Africa. Frankly, she makes Lightning look like utter crap.

Lightning gives up her goals, hopes, and dreams at the age of 15 to join the military to provide for her younger sister; she essentially resigns herself to a life of death, sorrow, and isolation as she takes of the mantle of Etro's Knight to not only protect those she loves and cares about, but all of humanity across the entire timeline all while going though countless 900 year loops which involves fighting an eternal and unwinnable battle every single day; and now, even after being crystallized for 500 years, losing her sister, and having to deal with the memory of going through countless 900 year loops which were full of war, bloodshed, and death... she is now forcing herself to become the "Soul Liberator" which puts the entire fate of the universe on her shoulders.

What was that about Tifa running a bar, serving food, and basically being a housewife?
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#55EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:59:49 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
Well, since you're wrong I guess it doesn't really matter what either of us believes.

All I stated were facts bro. None of that was bias on my part.
#56shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:59:58 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
@EpsteinBarr I wonder why anyone would bother disagreeing.

Well duh, why would anyone disagree with breasts. That's all it takes to be a good female. luckily Aerith was in that game to actually get things done.

Such as?

Oh, guess you didn't play FFVII. That's fine I guess.

No, seriously, go ahead. Give me reasons why Tifa, and not Aerith, is a deus ex machina.

Why wasTifa, who could climb into Cloud and fix him a Deus ex? I don't derp know derp. I can't quite possibly figure out why I said it actually.

Also, I never said Aerith wasn't a Deus Ex.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#57shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 10:01:42 PM
EpsteinBarr posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
Well, since you're wrong I guess it doesn't really matter what either of us believes.

All I stated were facts bro. None of that was bias on my part.

You stated silly things that were facts and used your opinion to decide that's what made her a good character, yes.

I do like how you listed that she could cook and run a bar as some of the reason, though. That I liked.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#58DarkSymbiotePosted 1/19/2013 10:01:54 PM
And what was it that Aerith got done? Run off?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#59zodiac_swordPosted 1/19/2013 10:01:54 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
Why was Tifa, who could climb into Cloud and fix him a Deus ex?

That's more of an issue with the Lifestream.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#60DragoonGriffithPosted 1/19/2013 10:02:29 PM
mahroflcopter posted...

Lightning gives up her goals, hopes, and dreams at the age of 15 to join the military to provide for her younger sister; she essentially resigns herself to a life of death, sorrow, and isolation as she takes of the mantle of Etro's Knight to not only protect those she loves and cares about, but all of humanity across the entire timeline all while going though countless 900 year loops which involves fighting an eternal and unwinnable battle every single day; and now, even after being crystallized for 500 years, losing her sister, and having to deal with the memory of going through countless 900 year loops which were full of war, bloodshed, and death... she is now forcing herself to become the "Soul Liberator" which puts the entire fate of the universe on her shoulders.

What was that about Tifa running a bar, serving food, and basically being a housewife?

I had to read that 4 times, just because of how ridiculous Lightning's little "biography" is.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.