Lightning FIRST female protagonist!

#61shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:02:51 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
Why was Tifa, who could climb into Cloud and fix him a Deus ex?

That's more of an issue with the Lifestream.

Err no. Tifa specifically helped him where no one else could.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#62mahroflcopterPosted 1/19/2013 9:02:53 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
And what was it that Aerith got done? Run off?

She got harpooned by Sephiroth's *Ahem* giant "katana".
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#63zodiac_swordPosted 1/19/2013 9:04:57 PM
shinigami_matt posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

I'm talking about the myterious "Deus ex" aspects of it. What she did after that was actually pretty practical.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#64mahroflcopterPosted 1/19/2013 9:26:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:07:09 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
mahroflcopter posted...

Lightning gives up her goals, hopes, and dreams at the age of 15 to join the military to provide for her younger sister; she essentially resigns herself to a life of death, sorrow, and isolation as she takes of the mantle of Etro's Knight to not only protect those she loves and cares about, but all of humanity across the entire timeline all while going though countless 900 year loops which involves fighting an eternal and unwinnable battle every single day; and now, even after being crystallized for 500 years, losing her sister, and having to deal with the memory of going through countless 900 year loops which were full of war, bloodshed, and death... she is now forcing herself to become the "Soul Liberator" which puts the entire fate of the universe on her shoulders.

What was that about Tifa running a bar, serving food, and basically being a housewife?

I had to read that 4 times, just because of how ridiculous Lightning's little "biography" is.

Lol same here. It only makes Lightning look beyond ridiculous. Give me the girl who can cook and run a bar instead of an asexual woman-child that resorts to punching people in the face to solve her anger issues. I will say what Lightning did for her sister is admirable.
#66MysteryVeilPosted 1/19/2013 9:07:28 PM
Tifa's a housewife now?
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#67shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:08:05 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
shinigami_matt posted...

I'm talking about the myterious "Deus ex" aspects of it. What she did after that was actually pretty practical.

Either way, it was a deus Ex. Cloud surviving the Lifestream, too.
---
#68mahroflcopterPosted 1/19/2013 9:08:37 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
Tifa's a housewife now?

Hey, in all fairness to Tifa... she also apparently feeds starving children in Africa with her Miracle Chest.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#69EpsteinBarrPosted 1/19/2013 9:10:37 PM(edited)
shinigami_matt posted...
You stated silly things that were facts and used your opinion to decide that's what made her a good character, yes.

I do like how you listed that she could cook and run a bar as some of the reason, though. That I liked.

But can't those be well-liked aspects of a character? Aren't they good things? Wouldn't you want your woman to have those qualities?

mahroflcopter posted...
Hey, in all fairness to Tifa... she also apparently feeds starving children in Africa with her Miracle Chest.

And you say like that's a bad thing. Why?
#70shinigami_mattPosted 1/19/2013 9:09:46 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Tifa's a housewife now?

She also makes a lot of extra tips as a bar tender.
---